Author Topic: The Obituary Column  (Read 207430 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: The Obituary Column
« Reply #1455 on: February 17, 2021, 04:19:40 PM »
I don't understand why you would expect someone who spent their entire career spreading bile, vitriol and division to be remembered for or with anything other.

I am in no way shape or form any sort of moral authority, but I can't imagine celebrating the death of another person without feeling like a disgusting piece of excrement. Especially to do so because a person has a different opinion from me. If you want to celebrate the death of a child molester or rapist I can understand that. But this excrement is a serious mental freaking disease.

It's especially interesting for people who feel like they have the moral high ground because their opinions are better than someone else's, then to act out with glee upon to them dying from freaking cancer

Osama is the one exception to that rule.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1456 on: February 17, 2021, 04:38:45 PM »
I am in no way shape or form any sort of moral authority, but I can't imagine celebrating the death of another person without feeling like a disgusting piece of excrement. Especially to do so because a person has a different opinion from me. If you want to celebrate the death of a child molester or rapist I can understand that. But this excrement is a serious mental freaking disease.

It's especially interesting for people who feel like they have the moral high ground because their opinions are better than someone else's, then to act out with glee upon to them dying from freaking cancer

You'll notice that I have done no celebrating, merely observed that it seems reasonable for someone who lived their life sowing hatred and vitriol to be remembered for it.

"I have never wished a man dead, but I have read a number of obituaries with great pleasure." - Not Mark Twain
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1457 on: February 17, 2021, 04:54:34 PM »
You'll notice that I have done no celebrating, merely observed that it seems reasonable for someone who lived their life sowing hatred and vitriol to be remembered for it.

"I have never wished a man dead, but I have read a number of obituaries with great pleasure." - Not Mark Twain

I don't disagree that it's not unreasonable to think someone who (anyone thinks) is a piece of excrement during their life is one after it ended.

It's just a seriously sick mentality with internet culture.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1458 on: February 17, 2021, 05:07:07 PM »
The phrase “different opinion” is the most bastardized thing I have heard over the last four years.

Nothing about Rush’s racism, homophobia, or sexism constituted a fair difference of opinion.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1459 on: February 17, 2021, 05:10:37 PM »
The phrase “different opinion” is the most bastardized thing I have heard over the last four years.

Nothing about Rush’s racism, homophobia, or sexism constituted a fair difference of opinion.

LOL

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1460 on: February 17, 2021, 05:10:38 PM »

If Rush was the only person whose death was celebrated with glee on this board, your statement might have some weight

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1461 on: February 17, 2021, 05:11:23 PM »
If Rush was the only person whose death was celebrated with glee on this board, your statement might have some weight

Nothing about this has any weight. Like seals jumping through the hoop, its preprogrammed stupidity.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1462 on: February 17, 2021, 05:14:21 PM »
Nothing about this has any weight. Like seals jumping through the hoop, its preprogrammed stupidity.

I mean I try to be reasonable

If someone wants to attempt to make the argument that someone is truly an exception to a rule, it's fair to at least hear them out. That's the biggest problem with political discourse is people are all on freaking teams and have a closed mind to actual ideas

But when it happens with literally every single mother fucker, then you know the issue is with the mentality and mindset.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1463 on: February 17, 2021, 05:15:47 PM »

"Different opinion" has been used to dispute the severity and effect of the pandemic on this board. Most people who use it either don't know what it means or are operating in just the worst level of bad faith.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1464 on: February 17, 2021, 05:19:47 PM »
Didn't know this.  Figured if Limbaugh wrote kiddie books they'd be along the lines of "Joey vs. the Gay Muslim Chickenhawk." (Lincoln Project Press)

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2014/05/15/312693461/book-news-rush-limbaugh-wins-children-s-book-author-of-the-year-award

Book News: Rush Limbaugh Wins Children's Book 'Author Of The Year' Award

Conservative radio commentator Rush Limbaugh won the Author of the Year award at the Children's Choice Book Awards for his book Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims: Time-Travel Adventures With Exceptional Americans, in which Rush Revere and a talking horse named Liberty travel back in time to visit the pilgrims. Although the book has never been a critical favorite — one review accused it of "disdain for even the most rudimentary standards of storytelling" — it has been an enormous commercial success. Four finalists for the award were chosen because of their places on bestseller lists, and the winner was chosen by children's votes.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #1465 on: February 17, 2021, 06:13:55 PM »

Now do Maggy Thatcher ;)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1467 on: February 17, 2021, 06:21:39 PM »

LOL

if this fat sack of excrement hadn't made a career out of mocking dead people, see my above post where he mocks aids victims, I might give a freak.

As it stands, I want the piece of garbage to rot and his supporters and enablers to cry about how mean we are to a dead man. freak him and freak you if you think he deserves anything more than ridicule.

Edit
Hahaha I still can't get over thinking he deserves any kind of compassion. Hahahahahah
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 06:29:50 PM by IATA »

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1468 on: February 17, 2021, 06:37:48 PM »
“Slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”

-Rush Limbaugh

So glad he's dead.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1469 on: February 17, 2021, 06:41:59 PM »
LOL

if this fat sack of excrement hadn't made a career out of mocking dead people, see my above post where he mocks aids victims, I might give a freak.

As it stands, I want the piece of garbage to rot and his supporters and enablers to cry about how mean we are to a dead man. freak him and freak you if you think he deserves anything more than ridicule.

Edit
Hahaha I still can't get over thinking he deserves any kind of compassion. Hahahahahah

I certainly didn't say compassion, hell I didn't say anything positive about him at all.

Just that a lot of people on here have gotten real happy and excited when numerous people have died.

But of doruwe Herman Cain was also worse than Hitler too

Tags: