Author Topic: The Obituary Column  (Read 202141 times)

Ignatius J Reilly

Re: The Obituary Column
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2013, 11:22:07 AM »

I think killing off the character is the only way to go really

While it makes the most sense plot wise, killing off a character in a car movie when the actor died in a fiery crash is risky publicity at the very least.  It could kill the series.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2013, 11:23:22 AM »
Well its scheduled for a July release, which makes me think the filming has to be predominately complete.

I wouldnt be shocked for them to change things up a little as a dedication to the guy or anything though

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2013, 11:23:33 AM »

I can't believe that people actually like those movies.

Why?  The first one and the last three are great entertainment.  Every time I thought it was dead, Lin came out with a great new popcorn flick.  Two and three weren't good.  The rest were great entertainment.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2013, 11:24:25 AM »
98% completed.  No doubt about it.

I was thinking if they have no footage, they can simply write him out of the story and say Dom wants to keep Brian safe now that he has a baby. but with 98% done, I suppose they could fake a few moments of the movie to make it work.

How far were they in the dark knight when Ledger died?
Need a new one for a new board...

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2013, 11:26:28 AM »

I was thinking if they have no footage, they can simply write him out of the story and say Dom wants to keep Brian safe now that he has a baby. but with 98% done, I suppose they could fake a few moments of the movie to make it work.

How far were they in the dark knight when Ledger died?

IIRC, they canceled a few last minute reshoots and that was it.  It was The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus that wasn't done, and Gilliam hired multiple other actors to finish his role.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2013, 11:27:21 AM »
Why?  The first one and the last three are great entertainment.  Every time I thought it was dead, Lin came out with a great new popcorn flick.  Two and three weren't good.  The rest were great entertainment.

This is very true. these are in no way shape or form, "elite" movies from a plot perspective, but they are wildly entertaining. If you want a great story with an exceptional plot, these sure as heck don't fit the bill. But from a pure entertainment perspective, these definitely fit the bill.
Need a new one for a new board...

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2013, 11:27:55 AM »

I don't think stuff like that is entertaining.  I've also never given a excrement about cars, which I'm sure drew a lot of people in. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Ignatius J Reilly

The Obituary Column
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2013, 11:30:38 AM »
I don't think stuff like that is entertaining.  I've also never given a excrement about cars, which I'm sure drew a lot of people in.

Your loss.  The last two were very well reviewed, BTW.

EDIT:  I believe it was you who loved The Intouchables recently.  The last two FF movies both have higher metacritic scores.  It's the Ebert test.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 11:33:33 AM by Ignatius J Reilly »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2013, 11:32:29 AM »
Replace Walker with James Franco in this franchise....Drew will fap to it.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2013, 11:34:00 AM »
Your loss.  The last two were very well reviewed, BTW.

Because I don't like something that you do, it's a loss for me?  I don't like Woody Allen movies either. 

Just because two out of a series of six or seven got decent reviews, doesn't mean that I will start watching.  I don't care about it enough - I would rather watch something else. 

/Alio-style

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2013, 11:35:03 AM »
EDIT:  I believe it was you who loved The Intouchables recently.  The last two FF movies both have higher metacritic scores.  It's the Ebert test.

I've seen The Intouchables three times.  It has a plot and great acting.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2013, 11:35:30 AM »

Because I don't like something that you do, it's a loss for me?  I don't like Woody Allen movies either. 

Just because two out of a series of six or seven got decent reviews, doesn't mean that I will start watching.  I don't care about it enough - I would rather watch something else. 

/Alio-style

Yes, to not be able to enjoy something is a loss. You're missing out on a source of entertainment.  Not sure what's debatable about that.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2013, 11:36:12 AM »
Replace Walker with James Franco in this franchise....Drew will fap to it.

The series would finally have a quality actor. 

Instead they have Vin Diesel, The Rock, Tyreese Gibson, and the freaking Transporter.  I hate Jason Statham more than any actor in the history of time.  Same character in every movie. 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2013, 11:36:57 AM »
Yes, to not be able to enjoy something is a loss. You're missing out on a source of entertainment.  Not sure what's debatable about that.

Not if I find more enjoyment in something else...

How can I miss something that I don't care about? 

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2013, 11:44:46 AM »

Not if I find more enjoyment in something else...

How can I miss something that I don't care about?

Not miss.  I said it's a loss.  You lost a source of entertainment.  We all do...unless you're TDK.  That dude loves everything.  It's silly that this is even being discussed.

Tags: