Author Topic: Breaking News  (Read 49410 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: Breaking News
« Reply #495 on: March 26, 2024, 08:00:29 AM »
holy excrement

https://x.com/BNONews/status/1772515766929097088?s=20

Pretty awful. My wife was already watching the news when I woke up this morning.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #496 on: March 26, 2024, 09:08:46 AM »
holy excrement

https://x.com/BNONews/status/1772515766929097088?s=20

Not sure how many cars went in, but it was probably very fortunate that this happened in the middle of the night and not during the day, say rush hour.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #497 on: March 26, 2024, 09:34:49 AM »
Maybe if it was the middle of the day the freaking idiot behind the steering wheel might have seen the massive brick and steel structure in front of him.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #498 on: March 26, 2024, 09:37:25 AM »
Maybe if it was the middle of the day the freaking idiot behind the steering wheel might have seen the massive brick and steel structure in front of him.

From what I've read it may have been a mechanical problem.  Lost propulsion.

Personally, I suspect it was an elderly asian lady driving it.

Reuters:

The ship "lost propulsion" as it was leaving port, and crew on board notified Maryland officials they had lost control of the vessel, ABC News reported, citing an unclassified U.S. intelligence report.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #499 on: March 26, 2024, 09:49:25 AM »
I couldn't watch the video again, but I read that on video it looks like power visibly went out twice on the ship before it collided. Terrible.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #500 on: March 26, 2024, 10:13:26 AM »
Or maybe a designated harbor pilot lost juice ⚡️⚡️
fwiw, this same ship had an ‘infrastructure accident’ in Antwerp back in 2016.

I couldn't watch the video again, but I read that on video it looks like power visibly went out twice on the ship before it collided. Terrible.
Looks like loss of power and propulsion.  Or Boeing’s now in the shipbuilding business.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #501 on: March 26, 2024, 01:36:03 PM »
Looks like the ship managed to put out a mayday before the collision. That allowed police to stop traffic onto the bridge. Sadly, it looks like there were still 6 workers on the bridge at the time of the collapse. Just terrible.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022

Tags: