Author Topic: benglols  (Read 12025 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: LolBengals
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2020, 01:37:18 PM »
You need to log off of NFL reddit and stay away
Huh? My point was that it makes no sense for him to talk about Cincinnati at this stage, that his agents have almost certainly advised him as much, and that drawing any deeper conclusion than that is just typical offseason rubbish.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2020, 02:27:19 PM »
It's pretty stupid though. He doesn't yet know that he's going to go to Cincinnati, because this is potentially an insane free agency for QBs with Brady, Rivers, Newton, Bridgwater, Hill and even theoretically Prescott on the move, so why would Burrow say something about a move that has a greater than zero chance of not happening?

I think the perception is that he's quietly preparing to shun them if it does happen. 

Carson Palmer badmouthing Cincy's ownership probably didn't help matters.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2020, 02:34:47 PM »
I think the perception is that he's quietly preparing to shun them if it does happen. 

Carson Palmer badmouthing Cincy's ownership probably didn't help matters.
Carson Palmer has been badmouthing Mike Brown since he chose to retire rather than ever play for the Bengals again.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2020, 02:43:15 PM »
Carson Palmer has been badmouthing Mike Brown since he chose to retire rather than ever play for the Bengals again.

Here's the important aspect in all that.....he's not wrong.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2020, 02:46:31 PM »
Here's the important aspect in all that.....he's not wrong.
No, he isn't. Mike Brown is a complete tool. I just don't think there's the remotest chance that Burrow refuses to play there.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2020, 02:50:18 PM »
No, he isn't. Mike Brown is a complete tool. I just don't think there's the remotest chance that Burrow refuses to play there.

The article brought up some interesting points that support the claim he wants out. 

e.g. Burrow was afforded the chance to work with the Bengals CS at the Senior Bowl, but quietly declined.

It could all be BS...but it's not out of the realm of possibility. 

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2020, 02:54:38 PM »
The article brought up some interesting points that support the claim he wants out. 

e.g. Burrow was afforded the chance to work with the Bengals CS at the Senior Bowl, but quietly declined.

I don't think he declined to work with staff at the senior bowl, he just declined to go to the senior bowl period.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2020, 02:54:47 PM »

How often does the presumptive #1 pick go anywhere near the Senior Bowl?

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2020, 02:55:49 PM »
How often does the presumptive #1 pick go anywhere near the Senior Bowl?

that's fair.

Still the point stands.  Burrow has leverage to pull the Eli if he wanted to.  And i wouldn't blame him at all.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2020, 02:58:15 PM »
that's fair.

Still the point stands.  Burrow has leverage to pull the Eli if he wanted to.  And i wouldn't blame him at all.
I agree.  There's a difference between being shitty and trying to win and being shitty without putting forth full effort.  The Bengals are the latter.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2020, 04:44:56 PM »
that's fair.

I dont get what his leverage is.  Is he going to go back to school for his 11th year or play in the xfl?

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2020, 05:10:29 PM »
I dont get what his leverage is.  Is he going to go back to school for his 11th year or play in the xfl?
He’s the projected 1st overall pick and the clear cut best QB prospect available

Maybe revisit the Eli Manning draft to familiarize yourself with the endless possibilities other than going to the XFL and and an 11th year in school

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2020, 05:40:13 PM »
I'm with insanity. He doesn't have any leverage. Sure, he can say "Yeah, I'd rather play in the WWEFL than for the Bengals" but if the Bengals pick him, he's got 2 choices: play for the Bengals, or not play in the NFL.

Eli Manning was a once-in-a-lifetime aberration, and if his last name wasn't Manning, it never would've happened.

If I were Cinci's "brain trust" (I use that term lightly), I'd be wary of the comments. But if he was my absolute, no-question, #1 QB prospect, I'm taking him and daring him to throw his dream down the toilet.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2020, 05:58:15 PM »
I'm with insanity. He doesn't have any leverage. Sure, he can say "Yeah, I'd rather play in the WWEFL than for the Bengals" but if the Bengals pick him, he's got 2 choices: play for the Bengals, or not play in the NFL.

Eli Manning was a once-in-a-lifetime aberration, and if his last name wasn't Manning, it never would've happened.

If I were Cinci's "brain trust" (I use that term lightly), I'd be wary of the comments. But if he was my absolute, no-question, #1 QB prospect, I'm taking him and daring him to throw his dream down the toilet.
If Burrow wants, he can talk his way out of playing for the Bengals.  It doesn’t matter what his last name is...he’s the top QB prospect, not a punter.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2020, 06:57:10 PM »
If Burrow wants, he can talk his way out of playing for the Bengals.  It doesn’t matter what his last name is...he’s the top QB prospect, not a punter.
Again I dont understand his leverage.  Can you explain.

Leverage comes when you have options.  Go back to school, you already are rich, you can play another sport.  I dont see him having any options besides threatening to sit which isnt leverage, but rather playing chicken

Tags: