Author Topic: ESPN shill Rex Ryan  (Read 145009 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: Buffalo Bills HC Rex Ryan
« Reply #1410 on: December 22, 2016, 11:05:59 AM »
Yeah, if you want to avoid it, okay. But to actively root for the Patriots is awful behavior.

I agree regarding Pope. If you've got money on it and it could play out in your favor it's understandable. I still wouldn't actively root for the Pats, but I understand being okay with the outcome if it breaks your way.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1411 on: December 22, 2016, 11:15:04 AM »
I only know one Giants fan and he's a good guy. I know lots of Patriots fans, and when it comes to football they are without exception complete knobs. They're either clueless front runners who spout idiocy until you call them out on it at which point they resort to "you're just bitter and jealous because Jets", or know it all gobshites who take every possible opportunity to explain to you in great detail with supporting cherrypicked stats why every single player on their team is the greatest to ever play the position.

The New England Patriots and their fans are a stain on sport and anyone who cheers for them in any situation ever should go and play on the nearest motorway.

Nothing to add here, well done. would read again and recommend to a friend.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1412 on: December 22, 2016, 12:16:12 PM »
I think that not watching that game and denying its existence before, during and after the event is an entirely legitimate approach for a Jets fan. The only unacceptable behaviour is cheering for the Patriots.

Oh yeah, I'm not that f*cking insane. Maybe I wasn't clear about that. If it happens again I'll do the same thing, avoid it altogether and hope the Giants don't win.

So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

nyjunc

• Vinny Testaverde
  • Trump/Brady 2016
« Reply #1413 on: December 22, 2016, 12:23:10 PM »
I don't get how anyone could feel otherwise. I highly doubt a Giants fan would root for the Cowboys over the Jets were it to happen.

This little brother syndrome is ridiculous. I root for 4 football teams: the Jets, and whoever is playing the Pats, Phins, and Bills. If any of those three are playing each other, I hope for a tie.

Anyone who roots for the Pats for any reason, but especially because they're whiny bitches who couldn't deal with happy Giants fans, should end their Jets fandom right now.

Besides, every single Giants fan I know is cool, doesn't throw anything in my face, and actually has more hope for the Jets than I do. Maybe get better friends.

I hate the Giants more than any team in any sport(tied w/ duke basketball).  I will root for any team over the Giants whether it's preseason, reg season or postseason.  That organization HATES the Jets, they are frauds portraying fake "class" and they bash the Jets at every opportunity.  when they were going for their 2nd SB over NE they were tweeting about the Jets.  I despise them as much as anyone could despise any team.  On a side not I do happen to like some of their players- specifically Eli who is a very good guy but I despise that organization.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1414 on: December 22, 2016, 12:34:19 PM »
I think New England going for a perfect season contributed to rooting for the Giants in 2007-08 also, combined with seeing their faces on my screen. This year we play the Pats Christmas Eve so my most fresh hatred will again be for them, but avoiding a Giants-Pats Super Bowl would again be my only solution.

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #1415 on: December 22, 2016, 12:34:56 PM »
I hate the Giants more than any team in any sport(tied w/ duke basketball).  I will root for any team over the Giants whether it's preseason, reg season or postseason.  That organization HATES the Jets, they are frauds portraying fake "class" and they bash the Jets at every opportunity.  when they were going for their 2nd SB over NE they were tweeting about the Jets.  I despise them as much as anyone could despise any team.  On a side not I do happen to like some of their players- specifically Eli who is a very good guy but I despise that organization.
Oh God no...not here too

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1416 on: December 22, 2016, 12:36:25 PM »
If I lived in Winnipeg I'd agree. I'd rather see New England win again than the Giants, at least I'm not surrounded by their idiot fans. 
I am with you 100%.  I rooted for NE in both of those SBs and if they played again I'd root for them again.  they are the lesser of 2 evils and at least NE is truly great, the Giants had 2 fluke runs and we have to hear about it nonstop.  Now if I lived in NE it would be the opposite, I did happen to be in Boston on business for SB XLII and while I knew what awaited me at home I did have a lot of fun that week w/ the Pats fans. ;D

Where do you two go that you just hear about the Giants super bowl wins all the time?

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1417 on: December 22, 2016, 12:48:49 PM »

RE trying to portray class, is that the organization itself, or fans/media personalities doing much of that? i honestly don't remember the organization itself showing any ill will towards the jets in that regard. the only thing i can remember is when they decided to do a secret coin toss with goodell over who would get the 1st game at the new meadowlands, without jets brass being present.

and in regards to the twitter thing.....bro, you and I would probably agree on my view that twitter accounts for sports teams in general are cringeworthy and a joke, and aren't run professionally at all......but I would use a team's twitter account as the last thing to determine how much 'class' an organization has. nobody high up runs those accounts, it's probably young people who have no sense of what it means to be professional, or to make tweets worthy of a professionally run NFL organization. it's akin to a person of hilary rodham clinton's stature making a 'delete your account'-type tweet

just a couple of years ago the atlanta hawks twitter account made a tweet of worship towards Lil B the Based God. I don't think I've ever seen something so ugly in my life, but it's what you see from team twitter accounts all the time nowadays. it means nothing

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1418 on: December 22, 2016, 01:20:10 PM »
Where do you two go that you just hear about the Giants super bowl wins all the time?

Can't speak for junc, I live 20 miles from the stadium and again I've been here since the Giants moved out here in the 70s. When they're even in the hunt you can't turn on your radio, drive past a billboard or go to the store without obnoxious Giants fans and propaganda. The longer it lasts and the further they go it just gets worse and worse. I even stopped listening to sports radio and rarely look at the local papers anymore. Back when I lived away from here for a number of years I could almost root for the Giants, but that was also during the 90s when they weren't very good.

Of course it doesn't help that we share the city and stadium with them and can't get out of our own way for 50 years, that's obviously part of it, but it doesn't make the situation any better.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1419 on: December 22, 2016, 01:24:28 PM »
I work with a lot of people from Boston, so really don't need to see them win again. Then again, freak another Giants-Pats Super Bowl. I can't take those anymore.

The Giants already have the city, now they have our rivalry, too. Giants-Pats turned into way more of a rivalry than Jets-Pats, and that's salt in the wound as a Jets fan.
"Wrong!"

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1420 on: December 22, 2016, 01:35:40 PM »
I work with a lot of people from Boston, so really don't need to see them win again.

I understand this too, a lot of it is about where you're at and who you have to deal with.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1421 on: December 22, 2016, 05:05:04 PM »
I hope any Jets fan that openly roots for a Patriots win in any shape or fashion dies a slow and agonizing death or gets brutally raped and then lit on fire, whichever is more painful.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1422 on: December 22, 2016, 07:46:13 PM »

WFAN

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #1423 on: December 22, 2016, 08:09:07 PM »

I hope any Jets fan that openly roots for a Patriots win in any shape or fashion dies a slow and agonizing death or gets brutally raped and then lit on fire, whichever is more painful.
Here is your first brutal rape and worse victim. Miamipuck

nyjunc

• Vinny Testaverde
  • Trump/Brady 2016
« Reply #1424 on: December 23, 2016, 08:04:42 AM »
Here is your first brutal rape and worse victim. Miamipuck

he is just projecting his fantasies on me.