Author Topic: 2015 Coaching Carousel  (Read 29397 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
2015 Coaching Carousel
« on: December 29, 2014, 10:29:51 PM »
All minor news and speculation in here. Significant hires get their own threads.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/549775356950228993

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: 2015 Coaching Carousel
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 02:25:08 AM »
Eric Mangini will interview for the Raiders job
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Nope.

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 03:46:17 AM »
So far, the two candidates that I've heard the most of have been Sparano and Mangini for the Raiders job. Good.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 07:33:42 AM »

I like Mangini, i hope they hire him and he does well.

After all, he put the roster together that made Seafood's boi look good in his first 2 years with the Jets
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 09:16:03 AM »
I like Mangini, i hope they hire him and he does well.

After all, he put the roster together that made Seafood's boi look good in his first 2 years with the Jets

And Buck Showalter put together the roster that Joe Torre won multiple World Series titles with. Joe Torre deserves no credit at all.

It's a ridiculous argument. Rex lead the team to two consecutive AFC championship games before his roster was completely dismantled by his boss. Your bitter hatred of Rex is no better than someone else's adoration for Rex.

Also, F Mangini. He was an derriere. I hope he gets the Raiders job.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 09:18:51 AM »
And Buck Showalter put together the roster that Joe Torre won multiple World Series titles with. Joe Torre deserves no credit at all.

It's a ridiculous argument. Rex lead the team to two consecutive AFC championship games before his roster was completely dismantled by his boss. Your bitter hatred of Rex is no better than someone else's adoration for Rex.

Also, F Mangini. He was an derriere. I hope he gets the Raiders job.

I don't hate Rex at all.  I think he's a good defensive coach, just a shitty HC.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 09:56:02 AM »
I don't hate Rex at all.  I think he's a good defensive coach, just a shitty HC.

I disagree. I think he was a very good head coach who just couldn't recognize his flaws. He couldn't accept that sometimes you can't push players' talent any further, and he couldn't bring in a qualified offensive coaching staff in three attempts.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 09:59:49 AM »
I disagree. I think he was a very good head coach who just couldn't recognize his flaws. He couldn't accept that sometimes you can't push players' talent any further, and he couldn't bring in a qualified offensive coaching staff in three attempts.

Not being able to recognize your shortcomings and doing what's necessary to improve them is horrible.  Essentially, you don't learn from your mistakes.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 10:07:39 AM »
Not being able to recognize your shortcomings and doing what's necessary to improve them is horrible.  Essentially, you don't learn from your mistakes.

Yeah, Sean Payton is doing a great job of realizing his defense is hot garbage and that his DCs can't get the job done.

I read yesterday he's refusing to let Rob Ryan go because he doesn't want to feed the image that he can't hold onto a defensive coordinator. Loyal to the point of defiance. Sound familiar?

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2014, 10:21:06 AM »
Yeah, Sean Payton is doing a great job of realizing his defense is hot garbage and that his DCs can't get the job done.

I read yesterday he's refusing to let Rob Ryan go because he doesn't want to feed the image that he can't hold onto a defensive coordinator. Loyal to the point of defiance. Sound familiar?

it furthers the point that you need a HC involved in all 3 phases of the game.  That goes for Sean Payton as well.  Can't just have your face stuck in the offense's crotch while ignoring the other 2 facets.  Or i could be wrong...i'm making assumptions here because Payton handles the playcalling, i'm assuming he doesn't have much to do with the Defense.

The Saints D hasn't been the same since Greg Williams left.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 10:23:00 AM by MBGreen »

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2014, 10:56:19 AM »

Haha. That makes for something other than "very good."  Sean Payton's Saints are falling apart because of the same thing.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2014, 11:43:54 AM »
Rex was an outstanding coach in some ways and a terrible one in others.  Suggesting he's all of one and none of the other is silly.  The guy couldn't be called a terrible head coach because of the way his players responded to him and the success he had on defense.  He couldn't be called a great head coach because of his ignorance of the offense after drafting Sanchez and his need for 6 straight first rounders on the defensive side of the ball.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2014, 11:47:33 AM »
Rex was an outstanding coach in some ways and a terrible one in others.  Suggesting he's all of one and none of the other is silly.  The guy couldn't be called a terrible head coach because of the way his players responded to him and the success he had on defense.  He couldn't be called a great head coach because of his ignorance of the offense after drafting Sanchez and his need for 6 straight first rounders on the defensive side of the ball.

I guess I was part of the hyperbole to bust IS's chops. However, really this is my opinion. Rex ran his course here, it's really just as simple as that.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2014, 12:05:01 PM »

I guess I was part of the hyperbole to bust IS's chops. However, really this is my opinion. Rex ran his course here, it's really just as simple as that.

Same. Can't call him great because of his limitations. I would have loved to have kept him if we could have gotten competent people around him.