Author Topic: 2013-2014 NHL Season Thread.  (Read 35029 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: 2013-2014 NHL Season Thread.
« Reply #270 on: June 10, 2014, 10:54:50 AM »
Hahahahah President of Columbus knucklehead.

hahahahaha
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #271 on: June 10, 2014, 10:55:05 AM »
I  think those decisions came from David Poile.

Brooks Orpik was a Bylsma pick.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #272 on: June 10, 2014, 11:03:25 AM »
I  think those decisions came from David Poile.
They did but Bylsma definitely had input without a doubt. That was a poorly constructed team.  Forget about the 2 guys Puck named...no Bobby Ryan? That was a joke.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #273 on: June 10, 2014, 11:09:27 AM »
You got a lot of, "if's and "maybe" here. Not saying it can't happen, but who's going to buy them? I think they have the best player in the tri-state area in Tavares, but can they attract the big names? Dan Boyle just backed out of the deal today. They really need to clean house (management, owners etc). Grabner was a steal for them, Okposo was the best american hockey player for a stretch, amazing he was left off team USA.

I don't know the exact numbers, but I can tell you for sure they weren't selling out any game unless they played the Rangers.
They sold out every game during the last month of the 2013 season and the playoff games were sold out in minutes.
You proved my point actually...they need to clean house up top. I think the foundation is there for a winner. I know how you feel about Halak, but I'm quite happy with him. He's been a good goalie and I think he's definitel˙ a starter in the NHL. It's been proven, although it's ideal, that you don't need the best goalie in the league to win a Cup. We do have what ifs...but Brooklyn solves a lot of the issues that bog this franchise down. And, Wang selling is essential. He HAS TO GO.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #274 on: June 10, 2014, 11:12:41 AM »
They did but Bylsma definitely had input without a doubt. That was a poorly constructed team.  Forget about the 2 guys Puck named...no Bobby Ryan? That was a joke.

That was all about Burke.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #275 on: June 10, 2014, 11:17:47 AM »
They sold out every game during the last month of the 2013 season and the playoff games were sold out in minutes.
You proved my point actually...they need to clean house up top. I think the foundation is there for a winner. I know how you feel about Halak, but I'm quite happy with him. He's been a good goalie and I think he's definitel˙ a starter in the NHL. It's been proven, although it's ideal, that you don't need the best goalie in the league to win a Cup. We do have what ifs...but Brooklyn solves a lot of the issues that bog this franchise down. And, Wang selling is essential. He HAS TO GO.

Brooklyn will be a great venue for them. Halak is the best goalie they had in years. The Islanders collectively had the worst save % in the league last year.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #276 on: June 10, 2014, 11:20:28 AM »

It was a conglomeration of agenda's, just terrible. It was like bunch of parents constructing a midget travel team. They wouldn't have beaten Canada regardless but still.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #277 on: June 10, 2014, 11:23:08 AM »
Arguably the best 2 American "power forwards" left off the roster is inexcusable. This excuse the roster was done before the year even started is even more inexcusable. You should be tweaking that mother fucker until the minute the deadline comes.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #278 on: June 10, 2014, 11:24:06 AM »
It was a conglomeration of agenda's, just terrible. It was like bunch of parents constructing a midget travel team. They wouldn't have beaten Canada regardless but still.

Sure, but in the case of Ryan it was very much about Burke.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/sochi2014/2014/01/03/sochi_2014_bobby_ryans_exclusion_from_us_team_sparks_debate.html
A cross-dressing limey poofter

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #279 on: June 10, 2014, 11:25:08 AM »
Brooklyn will be a great venue for them. Halak is the best goalie they had in years. The Islanders collectively had the worst save % in the league last year.
I'm excited to see a real goalie. We haven't had one since DiPietro's first injury in that All-Star competition and that was when the roster blew.

eyedea

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #280 on: June 10, 2014, 11:59:57 AM »

Halak was a great signing.  Your 100% right about the goalie and winning a cup. Islanders have holes to fill, I was impressed with some of their younger talent this season. Hamonic, how old is he? I think he can be molded into a good player with the right coaching.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #281 on: June 10, 2014, 12:39:26 PM »
Hamonic is either 23 or 24. He already wears the "A". He's already a leader on this team, which is unfortunate, but he shown me enough to make me think he can be one of the better defensive defensemen in their division.
When Lubo is healthy, they are a great pairing.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #282 on: June 10, 2014, 01:09:15 PM »
Hamonic is either 23 or 24. He already wears the "A". He's already a leader on this team, which is unfortunate, but he shown me enough to make me think he can be one of the better defensive defensemen in their division.
When Lubo is healthy, they are a great pairing.

the pride of St.Malo, Manitoba.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #283 on: June 13, 2014, 11:59:31 PM »
Incredible finale. 

Bring on the draft.