Author Topic: 2013-2014 NHL Season Thread.  (Read 35018 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
2013-2014 NHL Season Thread.
« on: October 04, 2013, 12:31:45 PM »
Let the games begin.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
Re: 2013-2014 NHL Season Thread.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 12:36:24 PM »
The NYR better learn how to handle the puck, if they are going to have any chance this season.  I would say only 1 game, if it hasn't gotten worse throughout preseason.  Also, Lunqvist better get better.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 12:43:17 PM »
The Rangers are missing Callahan and Hagelin and playing a new modern system, I would give it a month or 2 before I panic.

I remember when went to a couple of games  in the very beginning of the 1993-94 season and thought that team looked like derriere learning Keenan's system and we all know how that turned out.

A couple of things, I am just saying it takes time to move away from Tortorella's  Eddie Shore and Dit Clapper systems to a much more modern puck possession NHL system. Also I am in no way saying this is a Stanley Cup winning team.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 12:47:46 PM »
The Rangers are missing Callahan and Hagelin and playing a new modern system, I would give it a month or 2 before I panic.

I remember when went to a couple of games  in the very beginning of the 1993-94 season and thought that team looked like derriere learning Keenan's system and we all know how that turned out.

A couple of things, I am just saying it takes time to move away from Tortorella's  Eddie Shore and Dit Clapper systems to a much more modern puck possession NHL system. Also I am in no way saying this is a Stanley Cup winning team.

Hence the better get better at puck handling.  Last night was horrendous.  Not in panic mode, just saying.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 02:36:25 PM »

Hence the better get better at puck handling.  Last night was horrendous.  Not in panic mode, just saying.

Who ever said I could read.

In the future if you want me to read your posts properly please make them scrolling, it really makes me pay attention.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:40:22 PM by Miamipuck »

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 07:25:46 AM »
freaking Isles blew a point last night. Obviously early, but if this team wants to be taken seriously they need to finish games like last night off.

Going to Tuesday's game. Great seats too. Anniversary present, how great is that?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 11:47:51 AM »
That team stinks, Scotty Bowman wouldn't coach that team to anything other than a 10th place finish.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 11:57:22 AM »
Chip Kelly is now the longest tenured coach in Philly.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 12:23:15 PM »
I feel confident in saying that Paul Holmgren is still the worst GM in Philly, and I know nothing about baseball or basketball.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 09:02:30 PM »
Islanders send Matt Moulson and their 1st and 2nd round picks in 2014 to Buffalo for Thomas Vanek. Got to think that Buffalo win that trade and Vanek loses it.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 09:18:26 PM »
i like the trade for the Isles.  Vanek/Okposo/Tavares are a nice trio of snipers.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2013, 09:33:19 PM »
I don't disagree. I doubt Vanek's very happy though, he's a great player in the prime of his career and he has just been traded from one team with no hope of contending for a Cup in the next five years to a team with no hope of contending for a Cup in the next five years. The Isles have no defense bar maybe Hamonic and Capuano is a pretty unimpressive HC so far.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2013, 09:36:21 PM »
I don't disagree. I doubt Vanek's very happy though, he's a great player in the prime of his career and he has just been traded from one team with no hope of contending for a Cup in the next five years to a team with no hope of contending for a Cup in the next five years. The Isles have no defense bar maybe Hamonic.

The Isles are on the up and up, imo.  Tavares is a beast.

They drafted well the last 3 seasons also.  G.Reinhart and R.Pulock will shore up their D...and R.Strome is no slouch either. 
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2013, 09:41:52 PM »
Sure. Lots of teams draft well. The Isles show little sign of not sucking in the next 2-3 years at least, though.