Author Topic: Official: Idzik's career ded  (Read 40176 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Official: MB stands for microbenis
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2014, 08:31:24 AM »
Nah, they have the pieces in place to be an ascending unit for a couple years.

The team as a whole is going to be better next year, with or without Rex. It would take a special kind of incompetence to not improve on this season.

Fair point. But it could easily go wrong(er) if we don't bring in some OL guys and Brick and Nick continue to decline and we somehow stick with Geno.

That said with a halfway competent coach and QB we could easily jump up to 8 wins next year.
Need a new one for a new board...

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2014, 08:31:35 AM »
Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 23s23 seconds ago

Idzik later confided to ppl he regretted his approach to presser. Unfortunately for him, no mulligan. Hasn't talked to media since. #nyj

That midseason presser was weird.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2014, 08:31:41 AM »

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2014, 08:35:49 AM »

Idzik later confided to ppl he regretted his approach to presser. Unfortunately for him, no mulligan. Hasn't talked to media since. #nyj

F him. He should regret his approach to everything.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2014, 08:36:41 AM »

Sure but that shouldn't have factored into his firing in any way. Dude fucked up in personnel acquisitions, and that's why his derriere is on the street.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2014, 08:36:53 AM »
F him. He should regret his approach to everything.

hahaha...agreed.

But i will give him props for cleaning up our cap situation.  We're sitting pretty for the offseason.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2014, 08:50:37 AM »
hahaha...agreed.

But i will give him props for cleaning up our cap situation.  We're sitting pretty for the offseason.

I actually completely disagree. The moves he made were either pre-installed by his predecessor (Sanchez/Holmes) or mandated by his new boss (Revis). The money he saved this year was the primary contributing factor to the ineptitude that resulted in a 4 win season.

Now that the house is cleaned, it'll be nice for the new staff to have so much money, but Idzik doesn't deserve a pat on the back for it.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2014, 08:53:00 AM »
I actually completely disagree. The moves he made were either pre-installed by his predecessor (Sanchez/Holmes) or mandated by his new boss (Revis). The money he saved this year was the primary contributing factor to the ineptitude that resulted in a 4 win season.

Now that the house is cleaned, it'll be nice for the new staff to have so much money, but Idzik doesn't deserve a pat on the back for it.

No.

He deserves a pat on the back for cleaning up the cap.  He deserves a kick in the junk for not spending it wisely.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2014, 08:56:06 AM »

What happened in that presser again?
"Wrong!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2014, 08:57:29 AM »
What happened in that presser again?

he rambled on about god knows what for about 20 mins, before taking questions from the media.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2014, 08:57:35 AM »
No.

He deserves a pat on the back for cleaning up the cap.  He deserves a kick in the junk for not spending it wisely.

I'm with Alio on this one. Tanny had those cuts pre-installed to get himself out of cap hell. When he got canned it was obvious moves for his post-seccesor to make. Hell the fanbase could have made those moves for Idzik, he didn't do a single thing that wasn't expected of him. His claim to fame is that he drafted a superstar with the #13 pick in the 2013 draft, which he traded a HOFer to acquire. Not exactly well done on his part.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2014, 08:58:50 AM »
Rex is going to be the HC for the Bears next year.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2014, 09:00:41 AM »
I'm with Alio on this one. Tanny had those cuts pre-installed to get himself out of cap hell. When he got canned it was obvious moves for his post-seccesor to make. Hell the fanbase could have made those moves for Idzik, he didn't do a single thing that wasn't expected of him. His claim to fame is that he drafted a superstar with the #13 pick in the 2013 draft, which he traded a HOFer to acquire. Not exactly well done on his part.

We'll have to agree to disagree.  Idzik is a glorified accountant, the guy knows numbers.  Unfortunately for us, that's all he knew....and i'm glad he's freaking gone.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2014, 09:04:28 AM »

We'll have to agree to disagree.  Idzik is a glorified accountant, the guy knows numbers.  Unfortunately for us, that's all he knew....and i'm glad he's freaking gone.

It doesn't matter that he knew numbers.  The path was still laid out for him.  The guy didn't have to do anything but paint by numbers.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2014, 09:05:17 AM »
In case anyone is interested

New York Jets ‏@nyjets 32s32 seconds ago

Woody Johnson’s press conference is scheduled to start at 11AM and will stream live on http://nyjets.com .

Tags: jets rex ryan idzik