Author Topic: Jets Draft Position  (Read 43889 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Jets Draft Position
« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2014, 11:52:03 AM »
Whos an above average QB in the NFL? Id consider Romo, Rivers, Ben, Cam and probably Matt Ryan and Stafford above average QBs...

How on earth did these QBs develop without an offensive HC?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #121 on: December 23, 2014, 11:57:03 AM »

WR talent
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #122 on: December 23, 2014, 12:51:59 PM »
WR talent

I wont dispute that, and I have always been a massive proponent of having legitimate WRs.

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #123 on: December 23, 2014, 02:02:14 PM »

All four had offensive coordinators who had head coaching experience and good offensive staffs working with them. Match that with talent on the offense and a dedication to a system and guys can develop.

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #124 on: December 23, 2014, 02:05:57 PM »

Like the bigger bodied game- make contested catches, be a red zone threat, go over the middle... Dez Bryant is essentially the epitome of this. OBJ has been doing a great job at this too even being a small guy. Ive only seen a few Bama games this year so I have to go back and watch more of Amari, and this is the one thing I'll be wanting to see.

Coop knows how to use his body as well as the bigger guys. Watch the fade routes and the slants he runs. He's smarter than most and as the body control to hurt people anywhere on the field. ODB was a freak/is a freak. I had him #7 overall last year, and would put Cooper right there. This class is weaker at the top, so he'll end up higher.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #125 on: December 27, 2014, 11:54:01 AM »
I've seen people talking about the Jets luck with the chance for us to have the 4th pick in the draft, and Winston, Mariotta, and Cooper to all be off the board.

That'd be pretty freaking terrible

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #126 on: December 27, 2014, 12:00:30 PM »
I've seen people talking about the Jets luck with the chance for us to have the 4th pick in the draft, and Winston, Mariotta, and Cooper to all be off the board.

The draft is so far away, who knows who the top 4 will be.  Every year it changes drastically from the end of the season.  One of them might fall out of the first round altogether by then for all we know.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #127 on: December 27, 2014, 12:19:22 PM »

No, it wouldn't.  We shouldn't want either of those QBs in the top 5. 

Amari Cooper would be a nice pick, but if all three are gone, that means we'll get the best OT in the draft.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #128 on: December 27, 2014, 12:23:54 PM »

Amari Cooper would be a nice pick, but if all three are gone, that means we'll get the best OT in the draft.
But this means what?

Getting rid of a pretty good left tackle who has another 3 to 5 years left? (and is under contract for a while)

Or drafting a guy in the top 5 to play guard/right tackle for 3-5 years or so before moving him to left tackle?

I think it would make more sense to draft a right tackle with our second pick, and see if he could potentially move to the left side in a few years

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #129 on: December 27, 2014, 12:24:53 PM »

It's sad that we could learn from what Jerry Jones did.  But it's true.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2014, 12:26:39 PM »
But this means what?

Getting rid of a pretty good left tackle who has another 3 to 5 years left? (and is under contract for a while)

Or drafting a guy in the top 5 to play guard/right tackle for 3-5 years or so before moving him to left tackle?

I think it would make more sense to draft a right tackle with our second pick, and see if he could potentially move to the left side in a few years
You draft a guy that had the potential to be a left tackle.  Where he plays initially doesn't matter too much.  The intent is that he's a left tackle that can be a long term player there.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #131 on: December 27, 2014, 12:27:02 PM »
It's sad that we could learn from what Jerry Jones did.  But it's true.
Jerry Jones lucked his way into a top  QB and elite wide receiver as well.

We could draft the best offensive linemen in the league every year, but we still won't have a top 10 QB and top 5 wr like Dallas does
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 12:29:23 PM by dcm1602 »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #132 on: December 27, 2014, 12:29:12 PM »
You draft a guy that had the potential to be a left tackle.  Where he plays initially doesn't matter too much.  The intent is that he's a left tackle that can be a long term player there.
But drafting a long term solution at a position that the guy likely wouldn't play until he gets a new contract isn't the most efficient way to use resources.

If tackle is bpa you certainly have to consider it, but I'd much rather just trade out (assuming the offers there).

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #133 on: December 27, 2014, 12:31:50 PM »
But drafting a long term solution at a position that the guy likely wouldn't play until he gets a new contract isn't the most efficient way to use resources.

If tackle is bpa you certainly have to consider it, but I'd much rather just trade out (assuming the offers there).
If you think Brick will be a LT here in 4 years...........

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #134 on: December 27, 2014, 12:32:04 PM »
Jerry Jones lucked his way into a top  QB and elite wide receiver as well.

We could draft the best offensive linemen in the league every year, but we still won't have a top 10 QB and top 5 wr like Dallas does

How is drafting Dez Bryant lucky?

Tags: jets