Author Topic: Black Friday deals  (Read 28551 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Black Friday deals
« Reply #195 on: December 28, 2022, 05:55:49 PM »
Unless you're into hardcore gaming or any other excrement (in which case you'd know you'd want a better TV) I think distance/size, and the amount of light in the room are the most important things to determine what you do.

Otherwise yeah Costco is the way to go.

historically black Friday and the super bowl are the best times to buy a TV. So might be a good be a good idea to just go for the best bang for your buck a little closer to the event.

But yeah most important things is figuring out seating distance > TV size, and amount of windows/ambient light and how that'll impact your choices. General rule of thumb is TV size will give you more "value" over all other things
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 05:57:49 PM by dcm1602 »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #196 on: December 28, 2022, 06:04:28 PM »
And at the end of the day is this going to be your primary TV? And are odds you'll be keeping it for 5+ years again?

If so it might be worth spending a tiny bit more (I'm still talking the normal people tvs, just not rolling with a 500$ Walmart special)

https://www.rtings.com/tv

Is the go to site for TV reviews.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #197 on: December 28, 2022, 06:36:11 PM »
$800

$1200

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #198 on: December 28, 2022, 11:04:54 PM »
And at the end of the day is this going to be your primary TV? And are odds you'll be keeping it for 5+ years again?

If so it might be worth spending a tiny bit more (I'm still talking the normal people tvs, just not rolling with a 500$ Walmart special)

https://www.rtings.com/tv

Is the go to site for TV reviews.
It will be our primary TV and it will be in a heavily windowed room.  That site ratings has been a ton of help.  I'm not really a big tech guy nor do I game alot.  My last TV, a Samsung, lasted me 10 years and is still going strong.  I'd prefer to buy something that's going to last. 
At the moment I'm thinking 65 inch old
Either TCL 6 series if I'm going cheap
Or
Lg b2

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #199 on: December 29, 2022, 01:54:51 AM »
The TCL 6 series or https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisense/u8h

Seem to be the sweet spot

The only concern id have is how many years they'd last and that Costco doesn't sell either.

By all accounts I don't think you'd find better quality for a 65 inch than the hisense. Especially since it's highly rated in bright rooms

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #200 on: December 29, 2022, 06:50:15 AM »
The TCL 6 series or https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisense/u8h

Seem to be the sweet spot

The only concern id have is how many years they'd last and that Costco doesn't sell either.

By all accounts I don't think you'd find better quality for a 65 inch than the hisense. Especially since it's highly rated in bright rooms
Yeah I saw the hisense as well.  I'm just nervous about these brands like you said lasting.

What's the benefit of going with Costco?  It looks like best buy offers a better deal.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #201 on: December 29, 2022, 07:16:17 AM »
Yeah I saw the hisense as well.  I'm just nervous about these brands like you said lasting.

What's the benefit of going with Costco?  It looks like best buy offers a better deal.
Splurge on an LG OLED and thank me later.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #202 on: December 29, 2022, 10:10:55 AM »
Splurge on an LG OLED and thank me later.

LGs seem to be one of the premiere sets on the market for the non-insane price points ($3k and up)
Need a new one for a new board...

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #203 on: December 29, 2022, 10:11:48 AM »
LGs seem to be one of the premiere sets on the market for the non-insane price points ($3k and up)

My LG OLED is my 3rd nut.  It's family.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #204 on: December 29, 2022, 10:13:30 AM »
My LG OLED is my 3rd nut.  It's family.

Which one did you get a C2?
Need a new one for a new board...

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #205 on: December 29, 2022, 10:18:56 AM »
Which one did you get a C2?

Yes...55"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #206 on: December 29, 2022, 11:39:23 AM »
No major advantage to Costco, they just have some good deals usually.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #207 on: December 29, 2022, 11:46:23 AM »
If you don't game, just get an inexpensive TV from Target or Walmart.

You won't really notice a difference.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #208 on: December 29, 2022, 12:04:39 PM »

Return policy and Costco usually extends (and stands by) their warranty better than anyone. Other big ticket local retailers aren't bad (ie best buy) but nobody will give piece of mind like Costco. Like 2 years ago I dropped like 2 grand on the TV they're talking about above from Costco. Had issues after 3 months, and they came to my house and picked up for free, gave me zero issues and a full refund.

That said I also almost went and bought the TCL 6 series (which was a best buy exclusive) and they aren't the best when it comes to returns/warranties.

At the end of the day I'd go with the best price regardless of retailer, but if price/logistics work out Costco is well known as the best place to buy a TV

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #209 on: December 30, 2022, 11:39:36 AM »
I ended up getting the LG b2.  Fiance actually helped to push me over the line and splurge instead of getting the TCL 6 series.

Ended up getting it on Amazon for $1290.  Now I'm wondering if spending the extra $100 and buying it with the 5 year warranty they offer would be worth it though.

Thanks for everyone's help on this

Tags: