Author Topic: Black Friday deals  (Read 28479 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Black Friday deals
« on: November 27, 2014, 09:13:39 AM »
Nest have $50 off their learning thermostats online right now, making them $199. I bought one about a year ago and it has paid for itself in savings. Takes twenty minutes to install with nothing more than a screwdriver and allows you to do all sorts of cool things like control your heating and air con with your phone, auto-learning schedules, emailing you energy usage reports and so on. Highly recommend.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Black Friday deals
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 09:40:38 AM »
I don't know anything about them, but it sounds interesting so I was checking it out. And that's the exact price they go for on amazon. (199)

Is that a deal or just the typical price?

Speaking of black Friday deals there's a 55 inch 4khd Samsung that they apparently made just for black Friday for 900$.

Seems like a pretty good deal for a real brand 4k TV that doesn't involve battling the swarms as a doorbuster

I just don't know if buying a 4k TV right now is warranted since very little media is made for the format, although Netflix has begun making 4k content
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 09:42:36 AM by dcm1602 »

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 11:24:13 AM »
I've been camped out at Best Buy since 10 PM last night

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 12:04:49 PM »
I've always wondered

Wouldn't people who camp out for blackfriday deals likely make out better if they just picked up overtime at work instead of wasting 12+ hours camping out in the cold

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 12:46:56 PM »
I don't know anything about them, but it sounds interesting so I was checking it out. And that's the exact price they go for on amazon. (199)

Is that a deal or just the typical price?

I bought mine in Canada and it was only available at full price, I don't know if that Amazon price is a BF deal but I've not seen them discounted before.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 01:45:55 PM »
I've always wondered

Wouldn't people who camp out for blackfriday deals likely make out better if they just picked up overtime at work instead of wasting 12+ hours camping out in the cold

Or they could take the day off, stay home and order it online on Monday. Everybody wins.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 01:59:48 PM »
I went to Best Buy on Monday.  There was a line of family sized tents with whole families in them.  The line started a week early.

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 02:01:00 PM »
I've always wondered

A lot of jobs are pretty strict about no overtime nowadays. I'm one of 6 guys who are allowed to pick up overtime in my company. We are only allowed to do it because of the nature of our department.

Every other job I have had since the recession had a strict no OT no matter what stance.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 02:04:36 PM »
A lot of jobs are pretty strict about no overtime nowadays. I'm one of 6 guys who are allowed to pick up overtime in my company. We are only allowed to do it because of the nature of our department.

Every other job I have had since the recession had a strict no OT no matter what stance.
I guess it depends on the industry

Healthcare is littered with ot. But ot has always been somewhat cost effect as it can be cheaper than hiring another person and paying for their benefits. And I'd imagine with Obamacare and rising healthcare cost OT would be even more cost effective.

Of course  that's assuming it's  a job that offers benefits

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 12:17:02 AM »
I went to Best Buy on Monday.  There was a line of family sized tents with whole families in them.  The line started a week early.

It's a great way to know who to avoid knowing in your life.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 08:23:02 AM »
Time to fire up the ol' Amazon and see what's out there

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2014, 08:51:08 AM »
Time to fire up the ol' Amazon and see what's out there

They have tons there. I wanted a Breitling but that was gone in literally 20 seconds.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 10:03:43 AM »
Been a crazy amount of 4khd tvs on sale so far

Seems like they're finally going mainstream

Only supports 60hz with current technology so it probably wouldn't be the greatest for gaming or sports though

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2014, 11:05:58 AM »
Been a crazy amount of 4khd tvs on sale so far

Seems like they're finally going mainstream

Only supports 60hz with current technology so it probably wouldn't be the greatest for gaming or sports though
I saw walmart had a 50" vizio, I believe, with 2160 p and 420 refresh rate.  Is that good?  Was on sale for 698.00

Tags: