Author Topic: New York Jets in London  (Read 37968 times)

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
New York Jets in London
« on: November 12, 2014, 08:19:29 AM »
Okay, so the Jets are in London next year and it would be good to see some of my crew here.

I know some of you guys have expressed an interest in coming over which is cool but planning is critical; if people wait until next year before deciding to come believe me London's commercial centre will jump all over demand and prices will be crazy, to that end I would like to make this a sticky so so people can have some insight in to prices and budget accordingly.

There will be no tailgating at Wembley unless you want to go to the official tailgate party which is expensive and you are stuck with buying food and beverage from official outlets. Pubs in the vicinity of Wembley are few and far between so are crammed to the hilt -an alternative suggestion would be to get lubed up in the city and then hit the ground via Tube.

Depending on who is coming over a self catering apartment might work out good value, hotels will be expensive and I would suggest around $150 per night unless you guys want to go right to the extremities of London and commute.
I am thinking if you are coming over- arriving Thursday would give you a chance to settle in, do some of the tourist stuff if that's your scene and also get acclimatised to the time difference. The game is on Sunday so Monday flying home is a decent schedule.  I will obviously schedule some entertainment and identify some decent chow venues.

So moving forward anyone interested post names please and be honest with yourselves-

1. "I'm going at all cost" -
2. "I would like to go but need firm costs so I can budget"
3. " I would love to come but unless my circumstances change it's unlikely”  -
4. " I can't go so freak you and I hope it rains and the Jets get a 50 Burger and you guys get banged up chanting that homo number.

The quicker we get numbers confirmed the better. I will get on researching some hotels and Self catering joints and post up some figures as soon as I have these.
...first prize a Cadillac Eldorado- second prize, a set of Steak Knives

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: New York Jets in London
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 08:21:16 AM »
Okay, so the Jets are in London next year and it would be good to see some of my crew here.

I know some of you guys have expressed an interest in coming over which is cool but planning is critical; if people wait until next year before deciding to come believe me London's commercial centre will jump all over demand and prices will be crazy, to that end I would like to make this a sticky so so people can have some insight in to prices and budget accordingly.

There will be no tailgating at Wembley unless you want to go to the official tailgate party which is expensive and you are stuck with buying food and beverage from official outlets. Pubs in the vicinity of Wembley are few and far between so are crammed to the hilt -an alternative suggestion would be to get lubed up in the city and then hit the ground via Tube.

Depending on who is coming over a self catering apartment might work out good value, hotels will be expensive and I would suggest around $150 per night unless you guys want to go right to the extremities of London and commute.
I am thinking if you are coming over- arriving Thursday would give you a chance to settle in, do some of the tourist stuff if that's your scene and also get acclimatised to the time difference. The game is on Sunday so Monday flying home is a decent schedule.  I will obviously schedule some entertainment and identify some decent chow venues.

So moving forward anyone interested post names please and be honest with yourselves-

1. "I'm going at all cost" -
2. "I would like to go but need firm costs so I can budget"
3. " I would love to come but unless my circumstances change it's unlikely”  -
4. " I can't go so freak you and I hope it rains and the Jets get a 50 Burger and you guys get banged up chanting that homo number.

The quicker we get numbers confirmed the better. I will get on researching some hotels and Self catering joints and post up some figures as soon as I have these.

I am in between 1 and 2.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 08:21:54 AM »
Also is there a firm date?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 08:26:20 AM »
I would say i'm in between 2 and 3...leaning heavily towards 3.

I really want to go...i just don't think i'll have the funds.  However, a lot can change over the next 3-6 months.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 08:28:55 AM »
I'm a 3.

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 08:30:33 AM »
I would say i'm in between 2 and 3...leaning heavily towards 3.

I really want to go...i just don't think i'll have the funds.  However, a lot can change over the next 3-6 months.

I understand completely Bro, we have a lot of guys who would love to come over and various budgets to cater for. If I can help it I'm going to do everything I can to make sure everyone can at least consider it.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 08:31:27 AM »
Just to clarify...the London tailgate isn't the official PatsHater tailgate.  I'd like to think this is completely optional, due to financial constraints.

we should still do our annual NY tailgate.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 08:34:26 AM »
I'm a 3, but only because I hope it's a win and a great time.  I will not be attending.  If I went to London it would be with the wife and kids, and it wouldn't be to hang out with you fine gentlemen.  I can't justify a trip for 2 free days and a game.  Not with all that money and travel.

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 08:43:47 AM »
I'm a 3, but only because I hope it's a win and a great time.  I will not be attending.  If I went to London it would be with the wife and kids, and it wouldn't be to hang out with you fine gentlemen.  I can't justify a trip for 2 free days and a game.  Not with all that money and travel.

I thank you for posting and being candid.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 08:52:42 AM »
I thank you for posting and being candid.

I do hope it's a great time and that several people make the trip.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 08:55:06 AM »
The Tongue is in and he is trying to get Mrs. Tongue to go. hahahah Look out Jim.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 08:56:59 AM »
The Tongue is in and he is trying to get Mrs. Tongue to go. hahahah Look out Jim.

Jim just booked them a room in Inverness.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 09:01:27 AM »

Aaaaand Puck just shot any hope of anyone else showing up.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 09:01:36 AM »
Jim just booked them a room in Inverness.

"Hello this is suicide hotline"
"Aye Fook"

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2014, 09:09:00 AM »
Also is there a firm date?

Jets at Dolphins in London confirmed as October 4 2015