Author Topic: Darwin Awards  (Read 18864 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Darwin Awards
« on: November 11, 2014, 09:39:35 AM »
http://nypost.com/2014/11/10/model-who-caught-fire-on-commuter-train-dies-from-injuries/

A model and actor who caught fire after climbing atop a Manhattan-bound Metro North train has died from his injuries, his agent told The Post on Monday.

Video taken at the Stamford rail station shows an apparently intoxicated McClellen climbing on top of the New Haven line train shortly before 5:10 a.m. Sunday in Riverside, Conn., a source said.

Investigators believe the victim, who lived near Union Square, was burned after coming in contact with the train’s pantograph, a metal arm that collects power from the 12,500 volts in overheard wires.

Workers found McClellen after going to investigate why power was cut to the train.

The crew used an extinguisher to put out the smoking man atop the sixth car.

McClellen was hospitalized with electrical burns, some third-degree, on more than 90 percent of his body.

In a post last year, he wrote: “I know I’m going to change the world. its only a matter of time.”

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Darwin Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 09:02:36 AM »

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 10:14:45 AM »
Dumbass.  I don't want to excrement on the grieving family, but wow.  The devil tries to mess with you while you're getting your life on the right track?  He shot himself in the face taking a selfie with a gun.  What part of that screams "on the right path"?

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 10:26:36 AM »
That other article about selfie deaths in Russia is pretty funny. 100 deaths so far this year from extreme selfies. That's hilarious.
"Wrong!"

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 01:57:08 PM »
That other article about selfie deaths in Russia is pretty funny. 100 deaths so far this year from extreme selfies. That's hilarious.

Extreme selfies?

The lemmings can continue to fall off a cliff. It'll keep the gene pool high.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 07:34:34 PM »
It's rare that candidates are good enough to capture their entries on video, but thankfully this young man from Georgia was good enough to do just that.

http://mashable.com/2016/03/25/lawn-mower-explosives/?utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link#EqNWSsyIBGqC
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 07:51:33 PM »
It's rare that candidates are good enough to capture their entries on video, but thankfully this young man from Georgia was good enough to do just that.

http://mashable.com/2016/03/25/lawn-mower-explosives/?utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link#EqNWSsyIBGqC

Have the Giants approached him about contract negotiations yet?

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 12:20:32 PM »
Guns are for our protection!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 12:36:27 PM »
Guns are for our protection!
Automatic guns for lawn mowers, NOW!

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 12:38:20 PM »
The Darwin Awards are the perfect place to point out, that no matter what, a certain segment of our population is living proof of the Final Destination movies.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 10:11:39 AM »
An Australian woman who set out to climb Mount Everest to prove that “vegans can do anything” died Saturday after developing altitude sickness. Maria Strydom, 34, had reached the final camp from the summit before she and her husband, Robert Gropel, both began suffering from high-altitude pulmonary edema, which caused fluid to build up in Strydom’s brain, the Washington Post reports. Her husband survived and was taken to a Nepal hospital for treatment, according to the Sydney Morning Herald. “Physically he’s OK, we think,” Heinz Gropel, Robert’s father, told the Australian. “Mentally he is a mess. He’s just lost his wife. These guys were not amateurs, they were experienced climbers.” Strydom had sought out to prove that she could scale the mountain while on a vegan diet, the Monash University lecturer told the university’s blog. “It seems that people have this warped idea of vegans being malnourished and weak,” Strydom said. “By climbing the seven summits we want to prove that vegans can do anything and more.”
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2016, 10:16:17 AM »

I'm surprised they managed to get them down. Usually after a certain point while climbing it descending the summit, if you die or get really sick, they just leave you there.

Look at this poor guy who died nearly 20 years ago and is still there near the summit. He's actually used as a destination beacon, so you know to make a left when you get to green boots.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VIBc8oKiBzI
"Wrong!"

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 10:19:58 AM »
Didn't know that. That's super interesting.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 10:22:15 AM »

Didn't know that. That's super interesting.

Here's more:

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/4UJj0

Darwin Award winner goes to the one who celebrated for 25 minutes at the summit and died when she ran out of oxygen on her way down. People forget that reaching the summit is only half the battle. Most people die on the way down.
"Wrong!"

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
"Wrong!"

Tags: