Author Topic: Idzik's dastardly scheme  (Read 9152 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Idzik's dastardly scheme
« on: October 26, 2014, 07:41:29 PM »
more reasons to start fresh

We very likely will...

With a new head coach.

Its impossible to know what Idzik was thinking/doing since hes been here.

But you have to admit its absolutely POSSIBLE that his plan from the beginning could have been

To make Rex fight for his life with a barebones roster

While Idzik hordes cap space for the long haul, and realizes that giving Rex excrement is going to end up with Rex tanking giving us a prime draft pick (with a chance to get a real QB) and gives Idzik a surefire excuse to fire the coach that was forced on him.

Its just as possible that he was legitimately trying to win and is just a terrible incompetent GM. But im not completely convinced of that

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Idzik's dastardly scheme
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 07:43:17 PM »
We very likely will...

With a new head coach.

Its impossible to know what Idzik was thinking/doing since hes been here.

But you have to admit its absolutely POSSIBLE that his plan from the beginning could have been

To make Rex fight for his life with a barebones roster

Then he's an incompetent GM who should be fired.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 07:43:25 PM »
Which is exactly why he has to be fired. All of the evidence so far unequivocally tells us that he's bad at drafting and he's bad in free agency and he's bad at understanding roster needs. It would be crazy to give him all this cap space and a high draft pick and expect him to magically get it right this time; the definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly in the hope of getting different results.

Im not convinced that
Milliner
Richardson
Winters
Aboushi
Bohananon

are bad draft picks yet.

And im not even going to begin to evaluate our most recent draft class.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 07:45:36 PM »

I wouldnt call that incompetent, id call that devious.

I mean look at it this way. In todays NFL how do you win? You need a very good QB.

And how do you get a very good QB ? Either get a top draft pick, or get lucky as freak.

Cant count on getting lucky, so maybe hes going with the other option. And he was "fortunate" enough to have a scapegoat forced unto him that he can use to get us that top draft pick.

Im not trying to get all "conspiracy theory" crap. But it would be a smart calculating move, realizing that its the best way to get to a superbowl.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 07:50:21 PM »

I mean look at it this way. In todays NFL how do you win? You need a very good QB.

And how do you get a very good QB ? Either get a top draft pick, or get lucky as freak.

Cant count on getting lucky, so maybe hes going with the other option. And he was "fortunate" enough to have a scapegoat forced unto him that he can use to get us that top draft pick.

Im not trying to get all "conspiracy theory" crap. But it would be a smart calculating move, realizing that its the best way to get to a superbowl.

Then he'd be an incompetent shitbag.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 07:50:26 PM »

Then why would he draft Geno? I don't buy that sabotage theory. I think Idzik is overly cautious and didn't want to spend on guys he deemed not worth their price tag

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 07:51:56 PM »

If the plan was to be a complete tanker this year, then nobody should get fired and everybody gets next year knowing it was always about 2015 anyways.

But there is almost no doubt in my mind this wasn't the plan though.if Idzik wanted to can Rex he could he done it a year ago and convinced Woody. If we go 3-13 or worse, they should both be fired unless it was agreed upon before the season by all 3 (Woody Rex and Idzik) that the team was going to tank, and tank hard, in which case everybody keeps their jobs. I don't know what the second half of the season has in store for us, but if it's more of what we have seen so far, everybody needs to be fired.
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 07:59:59 PM »
Then why would he draft Geno? I don't buy that sabotage theory. I think Idzik is overly cautious and didn't want to spend on guys he deemed not worth their price tag

Again whats the most important thing in the nfl ? A QB

And he rolled the dice on a low risk (2nd round pick) high reward (highly athletic) qb

If he pans out Idzik has a franchise QB. If he doesnt, well then it comes down to his scapegoat

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 08:09:09 PM »
 Dcm defending Idzik is about the dumbest freaking thing you have done on this board, and let me tell you that's saying a lot.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 08:09:20 PM »
If the plan was to be a complete tanker this year, then nobody should get fired and everybody gets next year knowing it was always about 2015 anyways.

But there is almost no doubt in my mind this wasn't the plan though.if Idzik wanted to can Rex he could he done it a year ago and convinced Woody. If we go 3-13 or worse, they should both be fired unless it was agreed upon before the season by all 3 (Woody Rex and Idzik) that the team was going to tank, and tank hard, in which case everybody keeps their jobs. I don't know what the second half of the season has in store for us, but if it's more of what we have seen so far, everybody needs to be fired.

I definitely dont think Rex would have been in on it, had that actually been the plan.

And the only way Idzik can save face if he simply says hey look its the coaches fault. Watch me go pick and build my own team with my own guys and see what happens.

Look what Idzik's done, hes stacked all the cards in his own favor. Hes gonna have a high draft pick, lots of cash, the ability to completely build his own staff from scratch, and he has had 2 years to evaluate his players and try out/develop young players.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 08:09:43 PM »

And he rolled the dice on a low risk (2nd round pick) high reward (highly athletic) qb

If he pans out Idzik has a franchise QB. If he doesnt, well then it comes down to his scapegoat
It seems nonsensical to me. If the plan was to get Rex canned then Idzik and Woody would have done so already. By tanking he runs a very high risk of getting himself fired and will likely never sniff a GM position for the rest of his life.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2014, 08:11:19 PM »
It seems nonsensical to me. If the plan was to get Rex canned then Idzik and Woody would have done so already. By tanking he runs a very high risk of getting himself fired and will likely never sniff a GM position for the rest of his life.

How many GMs get fired in their first 2 years?

And how could a GM seriously get fired in his first 2 years for his team failing with a coaching staff forced on him from the previous regiment

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 08:11:29 PM »

Insisting that Geno Smith be given every chance to become the day 1 starter when anyone could tell he wasn't ready was pretty freaking risky.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2014, 08:12:38 PM »

People are usually given far too much credit than they deserve, especially when words like "devious' are thrown around. I doubt Idzik can plan an entire season to go his way to achieve a selfish result.
"Wrong!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2014, 08:14:18 PM »
Insisting that Geno Smith be given every chance to become the day 1 starter when anyone could tell he wasn't ready was pretty freaking risky.

Not for him. Had Geno sucks what happens? The team fails, he fires Rex, we get a good draft pick, and he builds his own team.

Everything Idzik has done has been a win win for him as GM. Either what he has succeeds and he has a good thing going, or it fails its not his fault and hes in the position to do better with his own setup

Tags: idzik conspiratard