Author Topic: I <3 NY  (Read 197427 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: I <3 NY
« Reply #960 on: May 06, 2020, 11:11:47 AM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #961 on: May 06, 2020, 11:40:19 AM »
Besides all the ridiculous excrement I’ve been seeing at work lately, I had the pleasure of walking a train last Thursday and seeing some dude with his hand down his pants sitting in one of the 6-seaters. Awesome! Some of the crews have been leaving the doors open while waiting to “turnaround” back to NYC (usually for 35-40min) and, of course, a lot of the vagrants/drug addicts have been hanging out on the train until it leaves. There are also almost no police around so these people pretty much feel empowered to do whatever they like, leaving me and and the guys I work with to deal with this excrement.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #962 on: May 06, 2020, 01:20:51 PM »
Besides all the ridiculous excrement I’ve been seeing at work lately, I had the pleasure of walking a train last Thursday and seeing some dude with his hand down his pants sitting in one of the 6-seaters. Awesome! Some of the crews have been leaving the doors open while waiting to “turnaround” back to NYC (usually for 35-40min) and, of course, a lot of the vagrants/drug addicts have been hanging out on the train until it leaves. There are also almost no police around so these people pretty much feel empowered to do whatever they like, leaving me and and the guys I work with to deal with this excrement.

You should start a Guinness hot bum sex thread.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #963 on: May 06, 2020, 02:22:56 PM »
You should start a Guinness hot bum sex thread.
Sad thing is, I could.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #964 on: May 21, 2020, 08:43:22 PM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #965 on: May 22, 2020, 08:04:22 AM »
https://twitter.com/boom1go/status/1263535535404060673?s=21

In NEWW YORKKKKK, concrete jungle where dreams are made of

NSFW

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #966 on: May 26, 2020, 11:32:31 AM »
https://twitter.com/governorpataki/status/1263903261481930755?s=21

@NYGovCuomo has deleted his march 25 th order requiring nursing homes to take #coronavirus positive patients. Wait. He says he did nothing wrong. So why try to cover up his mistakes? It’s hard to delete a disaster that big from history governor

1/3 of all US Covid deaths are Nursing Home

NYT, May 9

Of the nation's more than 26,000 coronavirus deaths in nursing homes and long-term care facilities, a fifth of them - about 5,300 - are in New York, according to a count by The Associated Press, and the toll has been increasing by an average of 20 to 25 deaths a day for the past few weeks.

May 10, ABC

NEW YORK -- More than 4,500 recovering coronavirus patients were sent to New York’s already vulnerable nursing homes under a controversial state directive that was ultimately scrapped amid criticisms it was accelerating the nation’s deadliest outbreaks, according to a count by The Associated Press.

AP compiled its own tally to find out how many COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals to nursing homes under the March 25 directive after New York’s Health Department declined to release its internal survey conducted two weeks ago. It says it is still verifying data that was incomplete.

Cuomo, a Democrat, on May 10 reversed the directive, which had been intended to help free up hospital beds for the sickest patients as cases surged. But he continued to defend it this week, saying he didn't believe it contributed to the more than 5,800 nursing and adult care facility deaths in New York — more than in any other state — and that homes should have spoken up if it was a problem.

“Any nursing home could just say, ‘I can’t handle a COVID person in my facility,'" he said, although the March 25 order didn’t specify how homes could refuse, saying that ”no resident shall be denied re-admission or admission to the (nursing home) solely based" on confirmed or suspected COVID-19.

ABC

« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 11:34:16 AM by SixFeetDeep »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: I &lt;3 NY
« Reply #967 on: May 26, 2020, 01:30:11 PM »
Don't look at me I voted for Miranda

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #968 on: May 26, 2020, 01:31:30 PM »
Don't look at me I voted for Mickey Mouse

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #969 on: May 28, 2020, 09:45:06 AM »

"For the next few months, people are going to make their own choices. Some people are going to be comfortable on mass transit, some are not." -@BilldeBlasio

He says this will cause "natural sorting out" with lower ridership because some people aren't comfortable. Some people will drive/take ride share. He did not offer any guidance on what people who aren't comfortable on a crowded subway, but don't have car access should do.

I asked - once we determine how many people can safely ride the subway, what should New Yorkers who can't be safely accommodated do to get around? No answer on this.

Erin Durkin, New Yorker

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #970 on: May 28, 2020, 09:48:39 AM »

.@NYCMayor, discussing phase one of 'reopening' the city - construction, manufacturing, wholesale, retail pick-up - says will be somewhere around 200,000-400,000 people back to work, moving around the city. Are basic rules that must be followed for limiting interpersonal contact.

De Blasio outlining a number of measures for safety, guidance, education, support, etc etc. Says there will also be warnings and enforcement if needed, based on health and safety.

De Blasio not into the idea of businesses deciding to reopen on their own without state & city permission. Says he's "not into free agents" and that's not the way it works in a democracy. Reminds we're in a pandemic. Says city agencies will shut them down.

De Blasio says it's about public safety, and need to follow the numbers and the guidance. "Anyone who decides they are above the law, they will feel consequences," de Blasio says.

Mayor says he doesn't think it's too much to ask for people to wait another week or two. If he gets it, he's not showing that he understands the desperation out there.

De Blasio to folks thinking about opening their biz now, says hey how about waiting the additional week or two until it's legal. Again, little sign of empathy. And, again, the city has basically been at the state/city metrics for 'reopening' phase one for a week or more.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #971 on: May 28, 2020, 09:54:23 AM »
Erin Durkin, New Yorker

In fairness, how low income workers with legitimate health concerns can safely travel is a challenge facing all major cities looking at reopening strategies, and it's one that to my knowledge no one has yet been able to figure out.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #972 on: May 28, 2020, 12:46:14 PM »
There's an article in the NYT today about people still getting sick. Some are getting sick and have no idea why--even people taking every possible precaution.

I just don't see how it's safe to reopen NYC. It's terrible. People are losing a lot, but it's worse if you lose your life.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/28/nyregion/ny-coronavirus-new-cases.html?searchResultPosition=3
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: I &lt;3 NY
« Reply #973 on: May 28, 2020, 01:35:40 PM »
There's an article in the NYT today about people still getting sick. Some are getting sick and have no idea why--even people taking every possible precaution.

I just don't see how it's safe to reopen NYC. It's terrible. People are losing a lot, but it's worse if you lose your life.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/28/nyregion/ny-coronavirus-new-cases.html?searchResultPosition=3
Am I an poopchute (in b4 puck says yes) if I doubt it when people say they did everything right and have no idea how they got it? If I was in the hospital with covid and a reporter asked my wife how I got it I wouldn't want her to say I touched my face too much while getting flaming hot Cheetos at the bodega.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #974 on: May 28, 2020, 03:16:30 PM »
Am I an poopchute (in b4 puck says yes) if I doubt it when people say they did everything right and have no idea how they got it? If I was in the hospital with covid and a reporter asked my wife how I got it I wouldn't want her to say I touched my face too much while getting flaming hot Cheetos at the bodega.

Look, I don't know. But one woman got it while making deliveries to help others, and supposedly doing everything right.

I continue to parrot the doctors and scientists who keep saying "There's a lot about this virus we just don't know." The knowledge base on COVID-19 continues to grow. Things believed true 2 months ago have been proven false.

I want to be done with this garbage too, but not at the risk of the health of myself or my loved ones. And I don't see how anyone could be less than seriously concerned about returning to anything resembling "normal" in NYC before a vaccine is available.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well