Author Topic: I <3 NY  (Read 197266 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
I <3 NY
« on: October 04, 2013, 12:07:56 PM »

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
Re: I <3 NY
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 07:31:58 AM »
I rarely ever see graffiti in Manhattan anymore, so I'll probably never get to see his work.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 01:08:35 PM »
http://gothamist.com/2013/10/07/west_57th_street_closed_after_crane.php

West 57th Street between 6th and 7th Avenues is closed because the crane at 157 West 57th Street—yes, at the massive 157 West 57th luxury condo skyscraper under construction—got stuck at the about 20th floor. With 13,000 pounds of concrete.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 01:10:22 PM »
I can not think of doing a job which would scare me more than driving one of those massive cranes.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 01:16:49 PM »
I can not think of doing a job which would scare me more than driving one of those massive cranes.

Here's one, nfw man:

<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 11:04:29 PM »
So basically De Blasio is advocating a tax and spend on pipe dreams policy.
"Wrong!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 09:15:03 AM »
Has anyone seen Lhota's most recent commercial? It's something along the lines of "DiBlasio supports gay marriage. Lhota supports gay marriage. DiBlasio supports legalizing marijuana. Lhota supports legalizing marijuana. Vote Lhota."

My wife turned to me last night and asked "Did I just hear that right?" I couldn't answer because I was laughing too hard.

"Vote for me! I'm just like that other guy who is destroying me in the polls!"
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 10:52:33 AM »
Has anyone seen Lhota's most recent commercial? It's something along the lines of "DiBlasio supports gay marriage. Lhota supports gay marriage. DiBlasio supports legalizing marijuana. Lhota supports legalizing marijuana. Vote Lhota."

My wife turned to me last night and asked "Did I just hear that right?" I couldn't answer because I was laughing too hard.

"Vote for me! I'm just like that other guy who is destroying me in the polls!"

Well, there's a common misconception that because Lhota is a republican that he's socially conservative, which isn't the case at all. I think most NYers want a mayor who's fiscally conservative. DiBlasio wants to spend spend spend, and tax tax tax. He's basically a big fuckn' poopchute.
"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 10:55:30 AM »
Well, there's a common misconception that because Lhota is a republican that he's socially conservative, which isn't the case at all. I think most NYers want a mayor who's fiscally conservative. DiBlasio wants to spend spend spend, and tax tax tax. He's basically a big fuckn' poopchute.

That's why he is leading duh.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 10:59:04 AM »
That's why he is leading duh.

The unions, the poor, and bleeding heart liberals absolutely love him for his "a rent controlled home for every NYer!" and "the rich need to pay their fair share!" bullshit.
"Wrong!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 11:22:28 AM »
Or maybe...just maaaayyyyyyybe, in general, the public is sick and tired of hearing anyone's voice who is associated with the Republican party.

Most people are happy to hear "I want to tax the rich more." People are sick and tired of seeing the executives at their companies driving around in nice new cars while they struggle to fill their tank.

Frankly, I'd probably be hurt by higher tax rates, but honestly, I'm sick of seeing the bullshit from the upper class too. I don't want to hear any more of this "rich already pay too much" bullshit. When you have decidely more than the people who work for you, and they make so little that any given month creates a choice between paying rent and buying groceries, and you have the gall to say you "pay too much already" you can go freak yourself.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 11:35:23 AM »
The unions, the poor, and bleeding heart liberals absolutely love him for his "a rent controlled home for every NYer!" and "the rich need to pay their fair share!" bullshit.

He's correct people living/working in the city don't pay enough. Roughly 50% of your income isn't enough and not fair, it should be at least 75%.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 12:26:22 PM »
Most people are happy to hear "I want to tax the rich more." People are sick and tired of seeing the executives at their companies driving around in nice new cars while they struggle to fill their tank.

I never understood this logic. What happened to aspiring to BECOME that executive driving that nice new car? This is exactly the problem with our society today. When did success become such a bad thing?
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 12:37:19 PM »
I never understood this logic. What happened to aspiring to BECOME that executive driving that nice new car? This is exactly the problem with our society today. When did success become such a bad thing?

People didn't get fed up until the government stepped in and intervened on the side of those executives.  It's one thing to become successful in a completely level playing field.  It's another thing when government subsidies are footing the bill.  Case in point, I freaking hate that Walmart is taxpayer subsidized.

Also, it drives people nuts to see jobs shipped overseas to the great benefit of executives and the great detriment of everyone else.  CEO pay never rose above 50x that of the average worker until the Reagan administration.  It now hovers around 200x.  Meanwhile, those same executives were paying a HIGHER percentage of income in taxes before the explosion in the 80s.  It's tough to convince people to look out for the uberwealthy when they just keep getting more and more.