Author Topic: 2014-15 NY Islanders thread  (Read 16462 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: 2014-15 NY Islanders thread
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 08:38:06 AM »
You guys deserved to win. No Kane, no Bogosian, no excuse. Halak played like excrement and Capuano proves yet again he's terrible. I don't want to see a losing streak, but if it took a 3 or 4 game losing streak to get him fired, I'd be all for it. I'd love an NHL caliber coach but at this point, I'd at least rather see Weight get bumped up. Cappy is the worst tactical coach in the league, hands down.

Truth be told, i have no idea how we won, especially on the road.  We actually stink pretty bad.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 09:58:48 PM »
Fire. This. Clown. ASAP.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2014, 10:03:09 PM »
Not yet please, I secured my corporate tickets for our game v the Isles on December 4th. I'd rather you didn't have a competent coach getting his hands on the roster before then.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2014, 10:31:15 PM »
Four REALISTIC things I would love to see:
1) Strait waived, play Donovan or bring Reinhart back up. Hopefully Hamonic returns soon
2) Conacher dropped to 4th line. Waived the second Bailey or Grabner returns
3) Martin scratched, give Boulton his minutes
4) Put Grabovski on the 1st line

I say fire Capuano, but in delusional Islanders land, I don't think that's an option. Their goal scoring has been glossing over everything.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2014, 10:46:17 PM »
This is a serious question, why is Capuano a shitty coach?

I don't watch your team much to be honest there's zero coverage here.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 10:54:12 PM »
You're not loving Conacher? I thought he was doing OK with you guys.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 10:57:52 PM »
On the 1st line? They've been pretty underwhelming to say the least. His only goal was a gimme. He's been one of our worst forwards, IMO. 
He's playing with JT and Okposo. There's no excuse for his numbers.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 11:04:43 PM by guinness77 »

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 11:03:49 PM »
This is a serious question, why is Capuano a shitty coach?

I don't watch your team much to be honest there's zero coverage here.
Where do I begin?

He doesn't know how to call a simple timeout. He never pulls a goalie mid game. He trots out the 4th line after every goal. Keeps guys like Strait, Martin and Conacher on the ice, seemingly at key moments in games. He almost never makes an in-game adjustment unless there's been an injury or ejection. He puts zero emphasis on defense, which is my biggest problem. They let the other team cycle the puck while the 2 defensemen often just seem to stay in front of the crease. There is often miscommunication between the defensemen and the retreating forwards. Viznovsky returns from his injury and is immediately handed the point on the 1st PP unit, even though Boychuk was absolutely killing it. The PP, shockingly, has been out of sorts since....

Should I continue, I have more. I've wanted this guy fired since BEFORE the lockout.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 11:18:41 PM »
Where do I begin?

He doesn't know how to call a simple timeout. He never pulls a goalie mid game. He trots out the 4th line after every goal. Keeps guys like Strait, Martin and Conacher on the ice, seemingly at key moments in games. He almost never makes an in-game adjustment unless there's been an injury or ejection. He puts zero emphasis on defense, which is my biggest problem. They let the other team cycle the puck while the 2 defensemen often just seem to stay in front of the crease. There is often miscommunication between the defensemen and the retreating forwards. Viznovsky returns from his injury and is immediately handed the point on the 1st PP unit, even though Boychuk was absolutely killing it. The PP, shockingly, has been out of sorts since....

Should I continue, I have more. I've wanted this guy fired since BEFORE the lockout.

Sounds like Tortorella's retarded brother. No need to go on, basically the dude has no common sense a coach needs, no feel for the game. I gotta thank you for the answer.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2014, 10:34:23 AM »
Posted from a hockey site I post on:

Through 10 games brian strait is averaging almost 18 minutes a game. Cizikas is over 14 minutes a game. Strome, Grabovski, Kulemin, Lee, all under 13 minutes a game. Martin plays on average less than a minute less than Strome, Grabovski, Kulemin and almost exactly the same as Lee.

This alone should get that clown fired. This are abysmal numbers.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2014, 10:34:20 AM »
Just to follow up on this, Conacher has a goal (which was a gimme, too) and an assist through 10 games AND he's playing on a line with Tavares (12p) and Okposo (11p). He only has more points than Matt Martin out of their top 12 forwards. I'd say that's pretty shitty. 

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2014, 09:41:09 PM »
Isles righted the ship pretty well these last 3 games. Ducks, Kings and Yotes 3-in-a-row? Not bad. Mike Smith was beasting tonight too, a 1-0 win is beautiful.

Crappy though. Martin AND Clutterbuck getting 1st line shifts and Brian Strait on the ice late in the game, 1-0? Really, dick? They basically killed off a 2-man advantage at the end.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 08:38:57 AM by Miamipuck »

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2014, 08:40:06 PM »
This team is so easy to root for. Young talent, fast skaters, very tenacious players, balanced scoring, good defense, guys who stick up for each other.

This is fun.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2014, 08:41:33 PM »

Tags: islanders