Author Topic: New Jersey Devils Thread  (Read 18475 times)

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Re: New Jersey Devils Thread
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2017, 08:50:20 AM »
John Shannon‏Verified account @JSportsnet · 2m2 minutes ago 

Patrik Elias has announced his retirement. Devils will retire his #26.

classy and very underrated player.

And the last link to the glory years, gone.

Love Patty. You hit the nail on the head MB, underrated player and he always exuded class. One of my favorite hockey memories is him hoisting the cup with Sykora's jersey on (that TAS line!!!! Great memories.) because Petr was in the hospital. 

A rough year for sure, but I do have faith in Shero. He's done a good job acquiring assets, (as much as I love Lou, the shape he left the franchise in was woeful) and I'm definitely hopeful they can spin a pick and get good value on a player that a team is worried about losing in the expansion draft. And back up the money truck for Shatty. There's no reason why we shouldn't have the most cash on the table.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2017, 09:01:50 AM »
I'm definitely hopeful they can spin a pick and get good value on a player that a team is worried about losing in the expansion draft.

Do you need a hugely talented, occasionally frustrating and slightly overpaid left wing?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2017, 09:13:05 AM »
I always managed to draft Elias late in previous NHL Playoff drafts, and he's always paid dividends.  A monster in the playoffs. #clutch
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2017, 10:39:25 AM »
Do you need a hugely talented, occasionally frustrating and slightly overpaid left wing?

Much like my high school dating life, beggars can't be choosers when you're spending your time in the basement, so absolutely. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2017, 10:45:42 AM »
Much like my high school dating life, beggars can't be choosers when you're spending your time in the basement, so absolutely. 

Congratulations, you just bought Bobby Ryan.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2017, 01:14:42 PM »
And the last link to the glory years, gone.

Love Patty. You hit the nail on the head MB, underrated player and he always exuded class. One of my favorite hockey memories is him hoisting the cup with Sykora's jersey on (that TAS line!!!! Great memories.) because Petr was in the hospital. 

The A line was probably the greatest in team history. We're known for defense and the trap, but those 2000-01 teams had a lot of offense, led by that line and Mogilny on the second line.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2021, 10:00:35 AM »
Slightly surprised to see the Devils trade Zajac and Palmieri to the Isles, makes a bunch of sense for both teams on paper but it's presumably going to kill Devils fans if Zajac finally wins a cup and it's with the Isles.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2021, 01:02:09 PM »
Slightly surprised to see the Devils trade Zajac and Palmieri to the Isles, makes a bunch of sense for both teams on paper but it's presumably going to kill Devils fans if Zajac finally wins a cup and it's with the Isles.

I'm just happy Fitz was able to get a first, negligible as it may be. Teams are going to be looking to get compensated for players they might otherwise lose in the upcoming expansion draft, so its a chip.

Wish the best for Palms and Zajac and I'm especially glad Travis is going to be playing some meaningful hockey-but he's gotta be the most non-accomplished long term player the franchise ever had.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2021, 01:17:50 PM »
I'm just happy Fitz was able to get a first, negligible as it may be. Teams are going to be looking to get compensated for players they might otherwise lose in the upcoming expansion draft, so its a chip.

Wish the best for Palms and Zajac and I'm especially glad Travis is going to be playing some meaningful hockey-but he's gotta be the most non-accomplished long term player the franchise ever had.

I keep forgetting about the expansion draft, it makes sense that trading a 35 year old for a good pick is an even smarter move with that coming up. The expansion draft is pretty much meaningless to us given we've got such a young team we're going to struggle to have enough players to actually expose, and probably happy to see the back of whoever it is that goes.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2022, 03:29:28 PM »
The universe is giving me signs, it's time to start caring about hockey

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2022, 03:35:46 PM »
The universe is giving me signs, it's time to start caring about hockey
The 5-on-5 stats are incredible this year. Team might actually be good.

The Nets also make it easy for me to go NHL over NBA this year.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2022, 10:29:52 PM »
...huh. Maybe Lindy can stay?

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2022, 01:28:34 AM »
...huh. Maybe Lindy can stay?
Lindy might be leapfrogging Boone on my coaching power rankings. He was always ahead of Nash

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2022, 10:33:06 AM »
What a dub last night.

Hopefully Blackwoods injury doesn't keep him out for an extended period. Vanny stood on his head especially considering how he came in cold to fill in. I know Bernier's been practicing with the team, but Blackwood's the present/future.

The bottom lines have been fantastic. They most encouraging thing about this win streak is they're doing this with Jack looking somewhat flat and Shango doing absolutely nothing. Only a matter of time before those two (especially Hughes) kick it into gear.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2022, 04:02:45 PM »
What a dub last night.

Hopefully Blackwoods injury doesn't keep him out for an extended period. Vanny stood on his head especially considering how he came in cold to fill in. I know Bernier's been practicing with the team, but Blackwood's the present/future.

The bottom lines have been fantastic. They most encouraging thing about this win streak is they're doing this with Jack looking somewhat flat and Shango doing absolutely nothing. Only a matter of time before those two (especially Hughes) kick it into gear.
When it was 3-2 I started nodding off on the couch and packed it in for the night. Woke up to a nice surprise.

Tags: devils