Author Topic: The Legend Of Jameis Winston  (Read 64461 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: The Legend Of Jameis Winston
« Reply #210 on: April 22, 2015, 01:39:24 PM »
Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston will not make a personal visit with the Jets, Dom Cosentino of NJ.com reported on Wednesday morning.

It had previously been reported that Winston would stop by the team facility in Florham Park, N.J. However, the two could not find a date that worked for both sides with the draft only eight days away. That's the only reason the pre-draft visit will not happen, Cosentino says.

This is not a big deal because it's unlikely Winston will last until when the Jets pick at No. 6. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are expected to select him with the top overall pick, and even if the pass on him, he will probably not make it out of the top five.

First-year Jets coach Todd Bowles has said he wants to pick up another quarterback. The Jets currently have Geno Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Matt Simms at that position, though none of the three have secured the starting spot. It appears there is a good chance New York would draft Oregon's Marcus Mariota if the first five teams on the clock do not select him.

GM Mike Maccagnan & Co. have demonstrated interest in Garrett Grayson (Colorado State), Bryce Petty (Baylor) and Brett Hundley (UCLA). They should all last beyond the first round and are potential options for Gang Green.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #211 on: April 22, 2015, 02:01:17 PM »
in regards to the rape and the rape only, I'm not sure what he should say.  he was found innocent of any wrongdoing by the court and his university's code of conduct board. You can disagree with those institution's decisions, but if Jameis says he did something wrong here, doesn't that implicate that he was actually guilty?

I don't expect him to ever say anything about the rape. But did he really think that some random employee telling him he could just take excrement was legit?

The entitlement and refusal to acknowledge that he knew walking into a store and taking something without paying was wrong bothers me.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #212 on: April 22, 2015, 03:02:24 PM »
I don't expect him to ever say anything about the rape. But did he really think that some random employee telling him he could just take excrement was legit?

The entitlement and refusal to acknowledge that he knew walking into a store and taking something without paying was wrong bothers me.

Jimbo Fisher saying that it's the first he's heard of it being a gift is interesting too.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 03:04:56 PM by Heismanberg »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #213 on: April 22, 2015, 03:04:22 PM »
"And when I came in to get crab legs, I did the same thing and he just gave them to me and I walked out. And someone from inside the store had told the security that I didn't pay for them. And that's how the whole thing started."

Someone inside the store told on him for shoplifting, but it wasn't his fault.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #214 on: April 22, 2015, 03:19:19 PM »
He was friends with someone in the store and they hooked him up with food. jimbo tried to deflect because he doesn't want some NCAA violation investigation into FSU players receiving free food. Simple as that.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #215 on: April 22, 2015, 03:21:57 PM »
He was friends with someone in the store and they hooked him up with food. jimbo tried to deflect because he doesn't want some NCAA violation investigation into FSU players receiving free food. Simple as that.

It's still theft though.  It doesn't matter if the dude gave it to him.

And Winston is obviously lying about it either way.  Didn't he say he forgot to pay or something back when it happened?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 03:34:29 PM by Heismanberg »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #216 on: April 22, 2015, 03:41:56 PM »
It's still theft though.  It doesn't matter if the dude gave it to him.

And Winston is obviously lying about it either way.  Didn't he say he forgot to pay or something back when it happened?

you are correct on both accounts.

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #217 on: April 22, 2015, 04:18:56 PM »
Jimbo Fisher saying that it's the first he's heard of it being a gift is interesting too.

I'm sure Jimbo is just down right mystified about the whole situation.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #218 on: April 22, 2015, 04:29:26 PM »
As a kid I've lifted all kinds of excrement from supermarkets and convenience stores. I wouldn't be concerned about it. The more troubling thing is the rape accusation but I still feel it was a  case of two really drunk people freaking.

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #219 on: April 22, 2015, 04:32:56 PM »
As a kid I've lifted all kinds of excrement from supermarkets and convenience stores. I wouldn't be concerned about it. The more troubling thing is the rape accusation but I still feel it was a  case of two really drunk people freaking.

I actually wouldn't even be that concerned if he just owned up to it when caught. His reaction indicates he doesn't even think its wrong.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #220 on: April 22, 2015, 04:34:36 PM »
I actually wouldn't even be that concerned if he just owned up to it when caught. His reaction indicates he doesn't even think its wrong.
I guess but if my friend worked in the supermarket deli and hooked me up with cold cuts and said not to worry about it I would probably walk out without thinking about it. I doubt he stuffed the crab legs in his pant pockets and tried to hustle out of the store.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #221 on: April 22, 2015, 04:38:32 PM »
A friend of mine used to work at the gift shop in the Met. Used to hook my dates up with all sorts of free excrement. One walked out with a huge painting once. I would've had the same reaction if caught.
"Wrong!"

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #222 on: April 22, 2015, 04:48:34 PM »
Haha I have been hooked up before too but if I got caught I would definitely not try to blame it on my friend.

You both knew your friend didn't have the authority to give out free excrement when they told you to take it. You just assumed they knew that lay of land enough that you could leave without incident.

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #223 on: April 22, 2015, 05:40:54 PM »
Sshhhh guys. Stop thinking rationally. We all know that this makes Jameis into Satan.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #224 on: April 22, 2015, 05:42:08 PM »
Sshhhh guys. Stop thinking rationally. We all know that this makes Jameis into Satan.

hop off of his dick