Author Topic: Fire Woody  (Read 4111 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Fire Woody
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2023, 04:03:48 PM »
To be fair to Robert Wood Johnson IV I don't believe he is or has ever been on the board of J&J, the first to carry his name not to. He just inherited the money.

Something about a falling out between his father and the company and now he’s not welcome.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2023, 04:33:26 PM »
To be fair to Robert Wood Johnson IV I don't believe he is or has ever been on the board of J&J, the first to carry his name not to. He just inherited the money.

Something about a falling out between his father and the company and now he’s not welcome.

Yes.  He has no discernible business accomplishments outside of acquiring an NFL team and the NYJ LLC.  The Times did an expose in the early aughts.  He had some bogus real estate and cable provider deals in Florida prior to his NFL ownership.  He targeted either the Bucs or the Jets and allegedly snuck into Hess's funeral to help secure the deal. 

Woody sucks.  Some owners get into the biz because they've conquered their niche of the business world and want to continue measuring their dicks against other conquerors.  Others get into it because they're billionheirs with no business acumen and owning an NFL team is a license to print money.  Woody's the latter. 

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2023, 04:42:04 PM »
He's a rich dingus, but he's our dingus.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2023, 06:48:25 PM »

He targeted either the Bucs or the Jets and allegedly snuck into Hess's funeral to help secure the deal.

There was an episode of Schitt's Creek like that.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022

Tags: