Author Topic: 2015 NFL Draft: QB's?  (Read 57663 times)

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
2015 NFL Draft: QB's?
« on: September 28, 2014, 04:22:23 PM »
I am extremely close to jumping ship from Geno, and I know many of you are already done with him.

What do you guys have to say about the QB class next year? Favorite prospect, most underrated, most overrated, rankings or whatever you can come up with. Would love to hear some of your thoughts.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: 2015 NFL Draft: QB's?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 04:34:49 PM »
I think Winston has the most talent, but can you trust him? Mor importantly can you trust him in NYC?

Marcus Mariota has been great so far, and Brett Hundley has been very underwhelming. Bryce Petty is a guy people liked a year ago out of Baylor, but I'm unsure how to feel about his pro prospects given that system.
Need a new one for a new board...

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 05:48:39 PM »
Connor Cook, Trevor Knight, and Dak Prescott are two players that need recognition as well.

I have Cook behind only Winston, Mariota, and Knight.  He needs to do a little more to solidify himself as a franchise type QB prospect.

Rough draft top five:

Winston
Mariota
Knight
Cook
Hundley

Hundley will probably be the biggest mover as the season goes on.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 05:50:18 PM by Heismanberg »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 07:25:51 PM »
Connor Cook, Trevor Knight, and Dak Prescott are two players that need recognition as well.

I have Cook behind only Winston, Mariota, and Knight.  He needs to do a little more to solidify himself as a franchise type QB prospect.

Rough draft top five:

Winston
Mariota
Knight
Cook
Hundley

Hundley will probably be the biggest mover as the season goes on.

I thought you disliked Mariota?

Any opinion on Kevin Hogan? He's seemed like a solid prospect from the games I saw of him last year. Good feet in the pocket, nice arm, solid frame. The footwork is reminds me of Luck.

I havent had much time this year to watch CFB games this year, Im kind of out of the loop.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 07:29:28 PM »
I thought you disliked Mariota?

Any opinion on Kevin Hogan? He's seemed like a solid prospect from the games I saw of him last year. Good feet in the pocket, nice arm, solid frame. The footwork is reminds me of Luck.

I havent had much time this year to watch CFB games this year, Im kind of out of the loop.

I didn't think Mariota was ready to come out in 2014.  He's continuing to develop.  I won't want anything to do with him if Rex Ryan/Marty Mornhinweg are still running the Jets.

If the Jets brought in someone like Kevin Sumlin or Gus Malzahn, Mariota would be a really interesting pick for us if it comes to that.

Hogan needs so much work.  He's more Tom Savage than Andrew Luck.  He could be a nice developmental prospect for someone. 

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 09:24:47 PM »
No way to know, but I would think Winston returns to school after the circumstances surrounding this year
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 09:33:54 PM »
No way to know, but I would think Winston returns to school after the circumstances surrounding this year
id think it more likely he leaves wouldn't you? The most egregious act around him has been the alleged rape, and that's over and done with supposedly.

If I were him I'd want to get the heck to draft before I did something seriously stupid to prevent me from being a high draft pick.

If Manziel with all his off field stuff, lack of size and serious concerns about his games ability to translate to the next level can be a top 25 pick, then Winston a guy who has a heisman, a national title, NFL size and an NFL arm, and has never lost a game certainly can expect to be one as well, despite the theft of some crab legs and yelling FHRITP on campus.
Need a new one for a new board...

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 09:44:45 PM »
id think it more likely he leaves wouldn't you? The most egregious act around him has been the alleged rape, and that's over and done with supposedly.

If I were him I'd want to get the heck to draft before I did something seriously stupid to prevent me from being a high draft pick.

It depends on what kind of advice his management gives him and whether FSU is happy to keep him around or not.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 09:55:31 PM »

If Manziel with all his off field stuff, lack of size and serious concerns about his games ability to translate to the next level can be a top 25 pick, then Winston a guy who has a heisman, a national title, NFL size and an NFL arm, and has never lost a game certainly can expect to be one as well, despite the theft of some crab legs and yelling FHRITP on campus.

His stock is at an all time low, hes not playing as well so far this year and the off the field stuff is fresh in peoples mind.  He went from being the clear-cut #1 pick to top 25. Yeah maybe he cuts his losses and comes out before he does something to further hurt his stock, but I think its best for him as a person to return to school.  He's obviously still incredibly immature.  Both points Badger made will probably be the deciding factors in what he decides to do.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 10:01:53 PM »
Not sure if this will have any bearing on his future:

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Jameis Winston purchased a $10 million disability and loss of value insurance policy, and Florida State is footing part of the bill.

A Florida State spokesman confirmed to ESPN.com on Monday that the university is paying for the reigning Heisman Trophy winner's loss of value policy with the school's Student Assistant Fund.

The spokesman did not provide a specific number as to how much the university is paying. The website Tomahawk Nation, which first reported the news, said Florida State will pay a premium in the $55,000 to $60,000 range.

Sources told ESPN.com's Darren Rovell in July that the $10 million policy is split equally between a permanent disability policy, which Winston would collect if he were injured and could never play again, and a loss of value policy, which he would collect at least a percentage of if he fell in the draft. Winston is projected to be a high first-round selection -- potentially No. 1 -- in the 2015 NFL draft if he declares following his redshirt sophomore season.

The NCAA's website states the Student Assistant Fund "shall be used to assist student-athletes in meeting financial needs that arise in conjunction with participation in intercollegiate athletics, enrollment in an academic curriculum or that recognize academic achievement."

The website adds the responsibility of the oversight and administration of funds, including interpretations of how the fund can be used, lies with the conferences.

Programs have rarely used the fund to help pay loss of value insurance policies, but a Fox Sports report documented how Texas A&M recently paid for the policy of star offensive lineman Cedric Ogbuehi, which helped convince Ogbuehi to forgo the 2014 NFL draft and return to Texas A&M.

The Florida State spokesman said the university's compliance department has been aware of the provision for quite some time.

Winston, who threw an ACC-record 40 touchdowns the past season, is eligible for the 2015 NFL draft. He was noncommittal at the ACC Kickoff earlier this month about whether he would declare following the 2014 season, but his father, Antonor, told AL.com in June that the plan is for Winston to play for Florida State in 2015. Florida State's paying for part of Winston's policy could, theoretically, help the odds that Winston returns for a fourth year.

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 10:07:26 PM »
Gunner Kiel could be a guy that makes the jump even though he finally found a spot in college. He's had no issue changing his mind and jumping ship before. He could contend for a high spot thanks to his physical gifts alone.

I'm a big Connor Cook fan, I'd love to see him with the Jets. He's a guy who makes some bad decisions, but has a really good arm and isn't afraid to try and make a big play.

Shane Carden is showing that he deserves a shot to be something. He won't catch Mannion or Petty as too sr qbs, but he's playing himself into the mud rounds. He's got great feet, though his mechanics aren't great.

Trevor knight on the other hand has everything except height. If he was even measured at 6'2 I don't think there's a debate about the draft's #1 QB.

Jameis is a great college player, but I don't see a great prospect. He's got many of the same issues as Hundley (drops his eyes under pressure, poor ball location) except he has the cast to limit his issues.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 10:27:55 PM »
Gunner Kiel could be a guy that makes the jump even though he finally found a spot in college. He's had no issue changing his mind and jumping ship before. He could contend for a high spot thanks to his physical gifts alone.

I really hope he stays at Cincinnati just to show consistency. 

He has all the talent in the world, but I'd hate to see him be a one-and-done there. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 09:26:53 AM by Heismanberg »

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 05:09:29 AM »

I really hope he stays at Cincinnati just to show consistency. 

He has all the talent in the world, but I'd hate to see him be a one-and-down there.

You might as well call him One and Gun.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 01:54:46 PM »
freak it

let's go get Dak Prescott

Laxin

• Chad Pennington