Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 644724 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #360 on: July 16, 2014, 09:04:29 AM »
The main problem with political debates are the "right and left'. Ask around, there is hardly anyone, save for a few here, that are truly "right" or "left". The problem is the middle (almost all of us) let those polarized assholes control everything.

Most people think or want the following, in no semblance of order:

1.) Healthcare for everyone.
2.) Term limits, desperately.
3.) We need to keep corporations out of gov't.
4.) We need to control Pacs/lobbyists big time.
5.) Tort reform.
6.) Immigration reform to a degree but not destroy the spirit of our country which was founded on immigration and the US as a haven for your tired and poor.
7.) Help small business's, the real area of employment and growth. You know the backbone of this country.
8.) Better Education.

My apologies for missing 10-15 other important idea's, it was just a few main idea's to get the point across. Notice that list doesn't include the numerous red herring arguments that no one gives 3 shits about and yet control the airtime given to political pundits: abortion, gay marriage. Somehow those are used to vet Supreme Court justice's. Our counrty is freaking retarded and mired in nothing more then a polarized political system that is going to eventually implode on itself ( I don't mean it in a Martial Law, Anarchistic way).......I sure hope it does.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 09:20:56 AM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #361 on: July 16, 2014, 09:12:26 AM »
(I don't mean it in a Marshall Law, Anarchistic way)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #362 on: July 16, 2014, 09:20:34 AM »
Ugh sorry about that....... my bad I do know the difference, brain fart especially when a boss is looking over my shoulder with all the typing......

Martial Law, lol.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #363 on: July 16, 2014, 09:31:31 AM »
Ugh sorry about that....... my bad I do know the difference, brain fart especially when a boss is looking over my shoulder with all the typing......

Martial Law, lol.

It's OK, the rest of the post has me on the Puck for President bandwagon. BRB, starting a super PAC.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #364 on: July 16, 2014, 09:39:56 AM »
The main problem with political debates are the "right and left'. Ask around, there is hardly anyone, save for a few here, that are truly "right" or "left". The problem is the middle (almost all of us) let those polarized assholes control everything.

Most people think or want the following, in no semblance of order:

1.) Healthcare for everyone.
2.) Term limits, desperately.
3.) We need to keep corporations out of gov't.
4.) We need to control Pacs/lobbyists big time.
5.) Tort reform.
6.) Immigration reform to a degree but not destroy the spirit of our country which was founded on immigration and the US as a haven for your tired and poor.
7.) Help small business's, the real area of employment and growth. You know the backbone of this country.
8.) Better Education.

My apologies for missing 10-15 other important idea's, it was just a few main idea's to get the point across. Notice that list doesn't include the numerous red herring arguments that no one gives 3 shits about and yet control the airtime given to political pundits: abortion, gay marriage. Somehow those are used to vet Supreme Court justice's. Our counrty is freaking retarded and mired in nothing more then a polarized political system that is going to eventually implode on itself ( I don't mean it in a Martial Law, Anarchistic way).......I sure hope it does.

June 16th, mark the day. It was when Puck decided to make his one really good post for the year.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #365 on: July 16, 2014, 09:47:10 AM »
June 16th, mark the day. It was when Puck decided to make his one really good post for the year.

It's July but why quibble.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #366 on: July 16, 2014, 09:52:04 AM »
It's July but why quibble.

It's June in the metric system.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #367 on: July 16, 2014, 10:04:01 AM »
It's OK, the rest of the post has me on the Puck for President bandwagon. BRB, starting a super PAC.

"Big funbags and donuts for everyone!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #368 on: July 16, 2014, 10:14:00 AM »
I think this was closer to the go-to number:
I  was basing it off of when the 33% federal income tax rate kicks in which is 167k for individuals and closer to 200 for married couples.

It's a hefty jump from under 78k which is 25%

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #369 on: July 16, 2014, 10:16:01 AM »
This all reminds me of a stupid post from back in the tgg days before the 2008 election.

Someone said their wife's friend had to quit her job because they couldn't afford to keep paying the taxes on her income.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #370 on: July 16, 2014, 10:18:52 AM »
This all reminds me of a stupid post from back in the tgg days before the 2008 election.

Someone said their wife's friend had to quit her job because they couldn't afford to keep paying the taxes on her income.
Most people have zero idea how taxes work

I can't even begin to tell you how many freaking retarded people told me they shouldn't work overtime, because overtime has special taxes that are so high that makes it not worth it at all.

(and I don't think you were implying it with your comment, but just in case. I understand how progressive income tax works)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 10:20:55 AM by dcm1602 »

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #371 on: July 16, 2014, 10:27:54 AM »

Was it a business? Sometimes they have lump sum taxes and if you're cash poor.......meaning he may have explained it very poorly. Surely he can't be that dumb.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #372 on: July 16, 2014, 10:32:10 AM »
Wasn't directed at you, it was just a funny memory.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #373 on: July 16, 2014, 11:30:09 AM »

Kind of off topic, but do you know a lot of people who are "spiritual but not religious"?

I'd say I know more people who are spiritual but not religious than people who are religious.  Unless I include people I grew up with.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #374 on: July 16, 2014, 11:39:25 AM »
people who are spiritual but not religious

AKA hedging their bets.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: