Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 644714 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #300 on: June 10, 2014, 07:17:02 PM »
The guys the most far left person on these boards by far

Him calling him self left leaning moderate, would be like me declaring myself national spelling bee champion.

No. That's a ridiculous statement to make for reasons that should be obvious to anyone capable of exercising the slightest bit of logic. Now shut up with your idiocy, please. You're making the board a dumber place with every post and I'm scared it will spread.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #301 on: June 10, 2014, 07:24:23 PM »
The only thing polarizing about Obama is the color of his skin.  A republican couldn't ask for a more moderate democratic president.

Calling Obamacare moderate

What's NOT moderate about it.  I wanted single payer.  Obama wanted single payer.  He made a compromise to ensure that people would be covered one way or the other.  If you don't see how it's going to save this country billions in the long term...  You need to go back to school.

I guess its just his definition of "moderate"

Hes certainly as moderate as Obama and Obamacare.

Ill give him credit there

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #302 on: June 10, 2014, 07:31:21 PM »
I guess its just his definition of "moderate"

Versus yours. Which is the point that you're failing to understand, because you're too young, too dumb and too arrogant to conceive of any possible way in which any view other than yours could carry any validity, and you're more than happy to make up the numbers to prove it.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #303 on: June 10, 2014, 07:39:55 PM »
Versus yours. Which is the point that you're failing to understand, because you're too young, too dumb and too arrogant to conceive of any possible way in which any view other than yours could carry any validity, and you're more than happy to make up the numbers to prove it.

Im not arguing that his opinions on political matters are valid or valid.  I dont agree with them, but thats a different story.

Im pointing out his inability to acknowledge his personal biases. I can be extremely freaking argumentative, and I know and admit it. Im a terrible speller and admit it.

This is a guy who is clearly far to the left by all measures (he wants the govt to control healthcare HIS words, thinks the only reason people dont like Obama is because hes black, thinks MSNBC is completely honest but fox is the devil). Im sorry but having EXTREME viewpoints and then saying oh yeah im a "left leaning moderate" is just bullshit. Flat freaking out.

Now if youre talking him being a left leaning moderate on a global scale or compared to europeans or something thats one thing. But im pretty sure hes from the USA, and on the USA political spectrum hes quite far to the left

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #304 on: June 10, 2014, 08:29:50 PM »
We all have biases. And our biases affect our viewpoints. This is why liberals get their information from ThinkProgress, MSNBC, DailyKos, NPR, NY Times etc. People like reading things that reinforce their beliefs. Same with conservatives and sites like Hotair, Townhall, Fox News, WSJ, etc. It's all a bunch of "Lolz look how the other side is ruining America". It's all bullshit. We like listening to people who hold the same views as us, and any contrarian opinion makes us want to punch a kitten. It's human nature.
"Wrong!"

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #305 on: June 10, 2014, 11:41:51 PM »

With all due respect to both you and Fen, Fen calling himself a moderate is a stretch, especially when he's advocating for single payer.

And honestly, I know its a cherrypicked quote from a while ago, but I take issue with Fen not only stating that the only thing polarizing about Obama is the color of his skin, but therefore in the same breath flatly implying that those that are anti-Obama are racist.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 11:44:10 PM by mj2sexay »

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #306 on: June 10, 2014, 11:53:46 PM »
With all due respect to both you and Fen, Fen calling himself a moderate is a stretch, especially when he's advocating for single payer.

And honestly, I know its a cherrypicked quote from a while ago, but I take issue with Fen not only stating that the only thing polarizing about Obama is the color of his skin, but therefore in the same breath flatly implying that those that are anti-Obama are racist.

I remember him saying that, too. Ha @ moderate.
"Wrong!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #307 on: June 11, 2014, 06:52:01 AM »
But the three of you are long proven to be somewhere slightly to the right of Ghenghis Khan on the political spectrum. You probably all think you're moderates as well.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #308 on: June 11, 2014, 07:00:53 AM »
But the three of you are long proven to be somewhere slightly to the right of Ghenghis Khan on the political spectrum. You probably all think you're moderates as well.
Nope. Fox news is biased and ridiculous , MSNBC is biased and ridiculous . Bush fucked up, Obama fucked up.

I'm definitely to the right of the spectrum.  I still think the right is bad, but the left is just freaking horrid.

I can say with confidence that I'm financially conservative and on social issues don't give a floppy freak. And I'd prefer a Republican 9/10 times for economic policy alone (not that it's ideal) . I just wish they would abandon all this Jesus religious bullshit..

I think ideally I'd want someone who is financially like Ron Paul, but without a lot of his bizarre other beliefs  and or Craziness
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 07:06:12 AM by dcm1602 »

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #309 on: June 11, 2014, 12:42:28 PM »
How was Obama different than anyone else that was running, other than the fact he raised his money from more individual donors than anyone pretty much ever?

If he didn't take any big money, Hillary would have been president 8 years sooner, because there is no way in hell she isn't accepting.

With that said, I am 100% in favor of gutting the campaign finance laws currently on the books.

That's a simple one to answer. The big idealist with all of his fanciful concepts for improving America could have started with the very realistic idea of actual campaign finance reform. He stumped hard on that one. That is, until he saw he could milk more than his competitors.

That's when he proved he was just like all the rest. Except the rest weren't promising ridiculous things like shutting down Gitmo, or that the wars would be over in two years, or letting people believe they would receive "get out of mortgage free" cards.

I'm 100% for changing campaign finance laws (something the Koch brothers are heavily investing in not allowing). My only reason to bring it up regarding Obama was that it was his first action as a candidate that showed exactly the type of President he'd be: just like all the rest, he'll promise you an ocean, then spit on you from on-high.

He isn't any different from anyone else. The reason I spoke against him was because he had people fooled into thinking he was.

Sadly there's no reasonable way of preventing you from spewing your ill informed, childlike and cuntish opinions, but I'd appreciate it if you don't go speaking for everyone else on the board.

This.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #310 on: June 11, 2014, 08:30:56 PM »
I remember telling all the Obama sheep back in 2008 that he'll end up just like every other president, but no, Obama will be different! Yeah, right.

I also knew that the Right would poke holes into every little thing that he does just like the Left did with Bush. It never changes. It's a neverending cycle. The only difference is that more people are involved in politics today than ever before, thanks in large part to cable TV and the internet. Everyone has a fuckn' opinion. Opinion columns used to be a thing on page 20 of the local newspaper, now there are TV shows dedicated to it, and most online news sites are 50%+ opinion.

BTW I consider myself fairly moderate. Right on fiscal issues, Left on social. That's essentially the definition of moderate.
"Wrong!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #311 on: June 11, 2014, 08:35:23 PM »
BTW I consider myself fairly moderate. Right on fiscal issues, Left on social. That's essentially the definition of moderate.

"I like a spliff when I'm drunk and I want to know I can buy a chick an abortion if I accidentally get her up the spout" does not constitute "left on social".

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #312 on: June 11, 2014, 09:28:41 PM »
Im not arguing that his opinions on political matters are valid or valid.  I dont agree with them, but thats a different story.

Im pointing out his inability to acknowledge his personal biases. I can be extremely freaking argumentative, and I know and admit it. Im a terrible speller and admit it.

This is a guy who is clearly far to the left by all measures (he wants the govt to control healthcare HIS words, thinks the only reason people dont like Obama is because hes black, thinks MSNBC is completely honest but fox is the devil). Im sorry but having EXTREME viewpoints and then saying oh yeah im a "left leaning moderate" is just bullshit. Flat freaking out.

Now if youre talking him being a left leaning moderate on a global scale or compared to europeans or something thats one thing. But im pretty sure hes from the USA, and on the USA political spectrum hes quite far to the left

What EXTREME viewpoints?  Single payer?  Works for every other civilized country in the world.

I never said MSNBC wasn't biased, ever.  But yes, I believe a massive amount of the hate Obama gets is because of the color of his skin.  Anyone who disagrees is just fooling themselves.

As for the rest of your drivel, just note my sig.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #313 on: June 11, 2014, 09:43:11 PM »

I never said MSNBC wasn't biased, ever.  But yes, I believe a massive amount of the hate Obama gets is because of the color of his skin.  Anyone who disagrees is just fooling themselves.

This is complete bullshit. And it's also impossible to disprove. That's why I immediately dismiss the opinions of anyone who actually believes this excrement.

The shitty part is that the media and many of Obama's supporters have been using that card since before his first election. "If Obama doesn't get elected, it's because America is racist and doesn't want a black President." "Of course Obama won't win any Red States because he's black, and Southerners are all racists." "Obama won the election, but people are unhappy, it must be because they're racist." "People who disagree with Obama are racists."

It's bullshit.

I remember Chris Matthews on Letterman before the election, basically pleading with people to go out and vote "like their children would." "Children don't judge based on the color of others' skin. So go out and vote like your children." Dude basically got a standing ovation for that. The only reason people like you believe that Obama gets the majority of his criticism because he's black is because YOU FUCKERS HAVE CONVINCED YOURSELVES since the beginning. Not for any other reason.

excrement pisses me off.
"Wrong!"

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #314 on: June 11, 2014, 09:47:54 PM »
Tommy pretty much said everything I wanted to say on Obama getting an immense amount of hate because he's black...it's like people on the left forget about the vitriol they spewed towards W, and don't realize that some people irrational hating the President comes with the job.

And JE I completely disagree that I'm farther to the left then Attila the Hun. I don't expect you to know my personal political beliefs, but I don't think Attila would be pro marriage equality, or pro-choice to an extent.

Single payer doesn't work. Why is it everyone from a country that offers single-payer comes here for their medical issues if they have the cash? Because people that are intelligent don't go into medicine when the pay is excrement.

Tags: