Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645325 times)

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #270 on: June 07, 2014, 02:17:01 AM »
The Taliban were the ruling government of Afghanistan in the post-Soviet era. They may well be utter cunts but they had some degree of political legitimacy, no matter how unpleasantly they gained it. They were reasonably well supported by the US and the UK in a number of ways while they were opposing Russian rule.

The Taliban didn't even exist during the Soviet War. They didn't appear till much later in the mid 90s.

The U.S. supported the Mujahideen.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #271 on: June 07, 2014, 02:18:14 AM »
I'm not even sure why we bother to even detain these guys. They should be killed on the spot.

uh...information.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #272 on: June 07, 2014, 02:21:43 AM »
5 commanders or leaders for 1 grunt is a stupid derriere trade no matter how you put it. Who did the freaking negotiating, Catelyn Stark?

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #273 on: June 07, 2014, 06:04:32 AM »
5 commanders or leaders for 1 grunt is a stupid derriere trade no matter how you put it. Who did the freaking negotiating, Catelyn Stark?
Tanny.  We were also able to  get an additional 7th rounder for throwing Clyde Gates in the mix.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #274 on: June 07, 2014, 07:48:06 AM »
The Taliban didn't even exist during the Soviet War. They didn't appear till much later in the mid 90s.

The U.S. supported the Mujahideen.

Who formed the Taliban after the Russians pulled out in 1992. We're not the Judean People's Front, we're the People's Front of Judea.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #275 on: June 07, 2014, 07:49:19 AM »

Americans are worth more.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #276 on: June 07, 2014, 09:49:38 AM »
I heard we had a black president, I didn't realize it was Isiah Thomas.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #277 on: June 07, 2014, 11:46:47 AM »
5 commanders or leaders for 1 grunt is a stupid derriere trade no matter how you put it.

no
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #278 on: June 07, 2014, 08:35:56 PM »
Guys, you're missing the point. If the demand was for Al Qaeda operatives or commanders, then no chance in hell. These guys are Taliban, so they'll just get thrown back into the rotation and probably end up killed within a year anyway. There's a difference between the Taliban and a terrorist network.
"Wrong!"

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #279 on: June 07, 2014, 10:05:28 PM »
I think the only way they let this happen was

A.) they turned these guys
B.) they have some way to track them. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they secretly implanted tracking devices. As ridiculous as that sounds it's hard to  put anything past the government

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #280 on: June 07, 2014, 11:53:08 PM »
Probably monitoring their chemtrails.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #281 on: June 09, 2014, 12:49:22 PM »
Someone was unfamiliar with the Koch brothers a while back. Here's an article that sheds some light: http://rol.st/1ieunty
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #282 on: June 09, 2014, 05:24:27 PM »
Super evil

They donated 100 million dollars to New York-Presbyterian Hospital. This year

The largest donation in the hospitals history.

And (possibly?) matching the largest donation ever to any hospital anywhere

You've used the "charitable-billionaires-are-undeniably-good-people" argument before, and I admit that it has some merit.  One hundred million dollars to a hospital is an undeniably good thing.  However- hypothetically speaking- if I were a truly evil, greedy billionaire operating in the United States, I would still without a doubt donate substantial sums of money to charity to reap the tax benefit rewards, as well as the all-important PR and political wheel-greasing.  I would make more money by doing so than by not doing so. 

Now with that said, yeah, the Cocks are the freaking worst.  They're the evil versions of Randolph & Mortimer. 

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #283 on: June 09, 2014, 07:47:49 PM »
Someone was unfamiliar with the Koch brothers a while back. Here's an article that sheds some light: http://rol.st/1ieunty
This article doesn't really tell you much.

These guys might be evil, but all I read is they don't like minimum wage and unions.

The third "point"  didn't seem to be making a point. That white people watched polls? Didn't Obama have black Panthers watching polls and it got national attention?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #284 on: June 09, 2014, 08:25:23 PM »
I didn't realize Bob Bergdahl spoke Arabic at the press conference about his son's release. Why would anyone be surprised that this may have upset people?

"but Duck Dynasty has beards too!"

Tags: