Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645485 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #255 on: April 28, 2014, 07:06:37 PM »
Why are they so evil?

I dont actually follow this kind of excrement, so I legitimately dont know (and really dont even care that much, other than noticing that the lefties hate em)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #256 on: April 28, 2014, 07:21:55 PM »
Why are they so evil?

I dont actually follow this kind of excrement, so I legitimately dont know (and really dont even care that much, other than noticing that the lefties hate em)

Lmao, go do some research. I have been reading about the Kochs for 10 years now, a lot of excrement is available on Bloomberg. For the record I don't give a excrement about their politics.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #258 on: May 28, 2014, 08:15:08 PM »
Yeah I'm sure that's exactly what the founding fathers had in mind.
"Wrong!"

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #259 on: June 06, 2014, 12:26:44 PM »
I'm sort of fascinated as to what the spin could possibly be on the Berghdal situation. What a freaking disgrace and perfect encapsulation as to how out of touch this administration is.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #260 on: June 06, 2014, 12:42:14 PM »
I don't understand the outcry. He's a US citizen and a serving soldier. They had a responsibility to bring him home regardless of what he may or may not have done; you can't leave him to rot in the captivity of foreign forces because there's an accusation that he may not be a great soldier. As for trading prisoners from Guantanamo for him, isn't it better to do that than try to send more US soldiers into a theatre of battle they're in the process of leaving and risk losing more lives and/or prisoners with no guarantee of a successful extraction?

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #261 on: June 06, 2014, 12:51:54 PM »
I don't understand the outcry. He's a US citizen and a serving soldier. They had a responsibility to bring him home regardless of what he may or may not have done; you can't leave him to rot in the captivity of foreign forces because there's an accusation that he may not be a great soldier. As for trading prisoners from Guantanamo for him, isn't it better to do that than try to send more US soldiers into a theatre of battle they're in the process of leaving and risk losing more lives and/or prisoners with no guarantee of a successful extraction?

Setting a precedent that we will negotiate with terrorists?

Wouldn't that just lead to more guys getting captured

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #262 on: June 06, 2014, 01:15:24 PM »

Forgetting that this is another example of Obama taking his power of executive order to the extreme (as he used to chastise Bush for doing), by not even notifying Congress of the exchange (which even Obama allies like that idiot Diane Feinstein have chastised him over), the facts are becoming clear that Bergdahl is very likely at best a deserter and could possibly be at worst, a traitor. I understand that as a civilized nation, we place a higher priority in individual lives then others do, and therefore are at an inherent disadvantage in any hostage negotiation, and furthermore I agree with the notion of getting this soldier back and then investigating any possible crimes. That IS NOT what this administration did. In their ignorance, they had Susan Rice ONCE AGAIN make a spectacle of herself on national tv in order to control the narrative that the mighty Obama administration was bringing home a war hero. Not only is this warped, but then Obama cronies have the balls to attempt to disparage members of the military that are trying to speak out and bring light to the facts of what actually occurred.

And honestly, there's only a need to swap out prisoners from Guantanamo because of a self-imposed deadline this administration put on itself so Obama can try to pad his legacy as the guy that closed Gitmo and pulled out of Afganistan, consequences and circumstances be damned.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #263 on: June 06, 2014, 05:18:14 PM »
Do some more research.  There are members of congress (both sides) that have been aware of the president's intentions since 2011.  As in, he like discussed it with them in meetings and stuff.

He has every right in the world to do it.  Republicans would have shot it down unless he approved that stupid pipeline anyway that seems to get attached to anything meaningful.  Screw them.  To even compare this to some of the excrement Bush pulled is laughable.

We have been 'negotiating with terrorists' forever.  It's an absurd concept (and term) that has never been followed at any point in american history.  International politics is nothing but negotiating.  Iran/Contra ring a bell?

As for the guy...  I could care less what the situation was over there.  Let him be put on trial here IF the evidence supports it.  I don't hear anybody calling the guy a hero, but I don't watch news 24/7.  If he did something wrong he will have to deal with the consequences.  Any members of the military speaking out specifically about the potential case are actually in violation of military law too.  So there's that...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #264 on: June 06, 2014, 06:23:00 PM »
And honestly, there's only a need to swap out prisoners from Guantanamo because of a self-imposed deadline this administration put on itself so Obama can try to pad his legacy as the guy that closed Gitmo and pulled out of Afganistan, consequences and circumstances be damned.

What else do you propose he offered them? Tax breaks? Nexus? A discount on their next light armaments order?

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #265 on: June 06, 2014, 08:20:20 PM »

Setting a precedent that we will negotiate with terrorists?

Wouldn't that just lead to more guys getting captured

From what I read the guy they released was a Taliban combatant, not an Al Qaeda operative. There's a difference. We don't negotiate with terrorists, but a pow swap during wartime isn't exactly out of line. Israel just did something similar last year if I remember correctly.
"Wrong!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #266 on: June 06, 2014, 09:33:14 PM »
From what I read the guy they released was a Taliban combatant, not an Al Qaeda operative. There's a difference. We don't negotiate with terrorists, but a pow swap during wartime isn't exactly out of line. Israel just did something similar last year if I remember correctly.

But the Taliban isn't a nation at war.

It's a terrorist network, that doesn't fight for any nation

That's why they're not protected by the Geneva convention either.

I don't know how in good conscience anyone could release a terrorist to murder innocent people

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #267 on: June 06, 2014, 11:11:51 PM »

But the Taliban isn't a nation at war.

It's a terrorist network, that doesn't fight for any nation

That's why they're not protected by the Geneva convention either.

I don't know how in good conscience anyone could release a terrorist to murder innocent people

A terrorist organization operating in Afghanistan. Their goal isn't global like Al Qaeda or Jamaa Al Ismaliya, etc. Sure they don't get the Geneva convention treatment, but I don't see the outrage over this. Releasing a known Al Qaeda operative would be far far worse. This guy will just get thrown into the mix, and likely end up killed anyway by either the Afghan government or one of our bombs. It's not like he's going to end up blowing up Yankee stadium. The Taliban doesn't operate that way.
"Wrong!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #268 on: June 06, 2014, 11:12:51 PM »
The Taliban were the ruling government of Afghanistan in the post-Soviet era. They may well be utter cunts but they had some degree of political legitimacy, no matter how unpleasantly they gained it. They were reasonably well supported by the US and the UK in a number of ways while they were opposing Russian rule.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #269 on: June 06, 2014, 11:29:07 PM »
I'm not even sure why we bother to even detain these guys. They should be killed on the spot.
"Wrong!"

Tags: