Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 644972 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #240 on: April 27, 2014, 12:03:22 PM »
The Daily Show is funny.  That's why I watch it. 

I don't watch it as much as I should but is well put together and very funny.

If an annoying party shill (Hannity) is going to come after Stewart he better do his homework. Which he clearly never does. If you're going to wear the flag on your arm and proclaim yourself a real American, for no reason, you're going to be called out for the arrogant pretentious scumbag that you are. freak Hannity.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #241 on: April 27, 2014, 03:27:04 PM »
I hate all of those shows. I used to watch while Bush was president when they just spent most of the time defending him against dumb attacks from the left, now they spend their time making dumb attacks against Obama. Both sides do this. MSNBC during the Bush years was basically what Fox News is today. Same with John Stewart. He isn't exactly impartial.

The problem is that most viewers have their minds made up already. They watch these shows because listening to people voice your own opinions is comforting. It's a form of entertainment. Watching the other side just makes you angry.

Basically, freak all these shows. Anyone who watches either religiously is just a shill for one side. That's all.

Sorry Tommy, but you are just wrong here.

Fox lies.  They just lie.  It's not news at all.  The others might be lefties, but at least they use a fact here or there.  What's crazy is the Orly? is actually a really smart and funny guy when he's not on that station.  Watch a broadcast of him and he just lies, and puts the lies to text next to his enormous head.  It's an abortion of a 'news' channel that should run down it's daddy's leg.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #242 on: April 27, 2014, 03:30:02 PM »
I don't watch it as much as I should but is well put together and very funny.

If an annoying party shill (Hannity) is going to come after Stewart he better do his homework. Which he clearly never does. If you're going to wear the flag on your arm and proclaim yourself a real American, for no reason, you're going to be called out for the arrogant pretentious scumbag that you are. freak Hannity.

Can I +1 on the 'freak Hannity'?  Oh wait, I just made that part enormous...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #243 on: April 27, 2014, 03:58:09 PM »

Fox lies.  They just lie.  It's not news at all.  The others might be lefties, but at least they use a fact here or there.  What's crazy is the Orly? is actually a really smart and funny guy when he's not on that station.  Watch a broadcast of him and he just lies, and puts the lies to text next to his enormous head.  It's an abortion of a 'news' channel that should run down it's daddy's leg.

The sign of a truly biased person.

Only fox lies the left doesn't right?

If you don't think MSNBC is just as bad as fox (if not worse)  then you're as polar as they come.

Both sides are excrement dishonest and grimey. Fox just has the most viewers of the bunch so they get the most haters.

Pretty sure MSNBC got caught editing footage multiple times to try to make the right look bad.  But only fox lies...

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #244 on: April 27, 2014, 06:27:40 PM »

Politicians lie. They all do. The lefty networks just pick the republican side and poke holes. Fox just does that for the left. I'll admit that the right can be more cartoonish, but that's because of the bible thumpers. Rachel Maddow is no different than Sean Hannity. She does the exact same thing but with different material.

John Stewart is funny and good at what he does, but only focuses on one side. And why wouldn't he? His target audience are young college students are liberals. You pick a side with this stuff otherwise you run the risk of pissing off your target audience. And this goes regardless of how right he may be. He can still pee off his left leaning viewers, because keep in mind that these viewers are people who have all made up their minds by the way.
"Wrong!"

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #245 on: April 27, 2014, 06:29:03 PM »

The sign of a truly biased person.

Only fox lies the left doesn't right?

If you don't think MSNBC is just as bad as fox (if not worse)  then you're as polar as they come.

Both sides are excrement dishonest and grimey. Fox just has the most viewers of the bunch so they get the most haters.

Pretty sure MSNBC got caught editing footage multiple times to try to make the right look bad.  But only fox lies...

Also CBS was caught forging a fuckn military document so they can run with a story that bush was kicked out for insubordination.
"Wrong!"

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #246 on: April 28, 2014, 08:19:39 AM »
Politicians lie. They all do. The lefty networks just pick the republican side and poke holes. Fox just does that for the left. I'll admit that the right can be more cartoonish, but that's because of the bible thumpers. Rachel Maddow is no different than Sean Hannity. She does the exact same thing but with different material.

I'm don't watch much MSNBC, or cable news of any sort, but Maddow has knocked out some solid foreign policy reporting/writing over the past few years. Not sure what she reports in other areas, but I've found her writing on foreign policy to be intelligent and insightful, even if you disagree with her positions.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #247 on: April 28, 2014, 09:47:57 AM »

Of course politicians lie.  That wasn't at issue.  To say that Hannity and Madow are remotely the same is absurd.  Madow is obviously as left wing as they come, but the next time she is caught in a lie will be the first.

John Stewart is funny and good at what he does, but only focuses on one side. And why wouldn't he? His target audience are young college students are liberals. You pick a side with this stuff otherwise you run the risk of pissing off your target audience. And this goes regardless of how right he may be. He can still pee off his left leaning viewers, because keep in mind that these viewers are people who have all made up their minds by the way.

Also just plain wrong.  Stewart has always been equal opportunity at who he bashes.  Republicans just give him more material to work with.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #248 on: April 28, 2014, 09:51:10 AM »
I've been watching the Daily Show since the 2000 election, and I find myself increasingly having reactions of "well, that's not the whole story" or "that's not entirely accurate". From a comedic standpoint I don't blame them, it's just easier to pander to the entrenched audience, but it's not equal.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #249 on: April 28, 2014, 04:36:30 PM »

HAHAHAHAHA. How's that kool-aid taste? MSNBC is what fox is to the left. Denying it destroys credibility.

By the way, Maddow has knowingly lied about those "evil-doers" the Koch brothers before.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #250 on: April 28, 2014, 04:59:59 PM »
In fairness, they are pretty freaking evil.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #251 on: April 28, 2014, 05:16:27 PM »

Super evil

They donated 100 million dollars to New York-Presbyterian Hospital. This year

The largest donation in the hospitals history.

And (possibly?) matching the largest donation ever to any hospital anywhere

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #252 on: April 28, 2014, 06:26:16 PM »
Fox News is much better produced than MSNBC.  It inspires more ardent hatred from the left for the same reason it inspires more devotion from the right.  MSNBC doesn't match up in reverse.  It doesn't make it a more honest channel.  It just makes it worse at its partisan reporting.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #253 on: April 28, 2014, 06:30:03 PM »
Fox News is much better produced than MSNBC.  It inspires more ardent hatred from the left for the same reason it inspires more devotion from the right.  MSNBC doesn't match up in reverse.  It doesn't make it a more honest channel.  It just makes it worse at its partisan reporting.

Fox has hotter women

And its not even close

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #254 on: April 28, 2014, 06:55:46 PM »

Watch it two evil scumbags donate a tiny fraction if their net worth, and all their past sins are forgiven.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tags: