Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 646060 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #8715 on: February 28, 2024, 08:31:31 AM »

Damn I’ve had this pic in the camera roll just waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it and I missed
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #8716 on: February 29, 2024, 07:21:04 PM »
Another continuing resolution until March 8. Republicans will continue to claim government services don't work while actively ensuring it.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #8719 on: March 06, 2024, 06:09:48 AM »
Adam Schiff? California sucks

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #8721 on: March 06, 2024, 01:09:40 PM »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #8722 on: March 06, 2024, 01:35:31 PM »
Do you think he arrived at this policy decision on his own volition, void of any external pressure?

I think that he probably arrived at it based upon a whackton of information and guidance from his administration, which in turn is trying to manage an absolutely impossible situation in which large portions of the American population directly represent the populace involved in one side of the conflict or the other and passionately believe that the other side is the one doing the illegal murdering, while also contending with decades of direct and indirect US government and corporate involvement in the whole situation.

I also think that people squealing about Biden being guilty of genocide are operating at a grade 10 level of political reason and awareness in which everything is black and white, and that they should probably exercise a little more adult reasoning. The expectation or even desire that a government would operate on such a basic level of "side A good, side B bad, support side A" is to be charitable incredibly naive. I suspect the Venn diagram of those people and the "all parties are the same" people has a scarily large overlap and the massive awakening that they're flirting with in November seems to be eluding them. The next Trump administration isn't going to be anything like the first one and I don't mean that in a positive way.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 01:43:15 PM by Johnny English »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #8723 on: March 06, 2024, 03:08:47 PM »
I think that he probably arrived at it based upon a whackton of information and guidance from his administration, which in turn is trying to manage an absolutely impossible situation in which large portions of the American population directly represent the populace involved in one side of the conflict or the other and passionately believe that the other side is the one doing the illegal murdering, while also contending with decades of direct and indirect US government and corporate involvement in the whole situation.

I also think that people squealing about Biden being guilty of genocide are operating at a grade 10 level of political reason and awareness in which everything is black and white, and that they should probably exercise a little more adult reasoning. The expectation or even desire that a government would operate on such a basic level of "side A good, side B bad, support side A" is to be charitable incredibly naive. I suspect the Venn diagram of those people and the "all parties are the same" people has a scarily large overlap and the massive awakening that they're flirting with in November seems to be eluding them. The next Trump administration isn't going to be anything like the first one and I don't mean that in a positive way.

My biggest takeaway from this is that you think the US voter concerns are pointless rabble to be cowed.

Thinking that the black and Arab voices who are leading the protest of Joe Biden's nomination over his support of Israel's military operation as a way of forcing a policy change and/or a better candidate on the ballot are so naive as to not know what is at stake for them if Trump wins in 2024 is so condescending that it's almost unfathomable.

It's amazing how many people will hear criticism of the Democratic Party's strategy for the past three elections of "vote for us or democracy is over!" and will defend it without not even blinking at the irony.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #8724 on: March 06, 2024, 03:09:35 PM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #8725 on: March 06, 2024, 08:20:39 PM »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #8729 on: March 12, 2024, 05:32:46 PM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tags: