Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645732 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #8115 on: January 04, 2023, 11:23:19 AM »
The definition depends on whether it makes my team look bad.

I'm naming my fantasy football team "Insurrection Erection" next season
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #8116 on: January 04, 2023, 11:27:22 AM »
The definition depends on whether it makes my team look bad.

I didn't excrement my pants, I released some fecal material and my pants got in the way.

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
« Reply #8117 on: January 04, 2023, 11:27:39 AM »
I'm naming my fantasy football team "Insurrection Erection" next season

Damn that's good! If your team loses, you can claim it was never an insurrection.
Tom Brady kisses his kids like that kid from Glee who hung himself last week.

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
« Reply #8118 on: January 04, 2023, 11:28:37 AM »
I didn't excrement my pants, I released some fecal material and my pants got in the way.

Even the toilet paper intelligence committee agreed, it wasn't technically excrement.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #8119 on: January 04, 2023, 11:30:23 AM »
Even the toilet paper intelligence committee agreed, it wasn't technically excrement.

Ha.  It was just post-digested food.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #8120 on: January 04, 2023, 11:39:44 AM »
freak them!

Unless they support my bullshit argument.

OK, let's get semantics out of the way.

The one that, in the least didn't have a problem with, but more accurately helped orchestrate, the January 6th mob attack on the capital in an effort to undermine democracy, is the one that is more dangerous.

We literally had the Senate building rushed by angry activists to prevent a confirmation of a supreme court justice on the basis of the flimsiest of accusations. What's the difference?

It's not a bullshit argument LMAO, our intelligence agencies literally have incentive to declare it an insurrection and couldn't do it.

Undermining democracy is utterly meaningless when the people launching that accusation have no issue with a house minority leader who literally denied the results of a freely held election.

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
« Reply #8121 on: January 04, 2023, 11:50:23 AM »

We literally had the Senate building rushed by angry activists to prevent a confirmation of a supreme court justice on the basis of the flimsiest of accusations. What's the difference?

This is "whataboutism" and only works to deflect the argument.

It's not a bullshit argument LMAO, our intelligence agencies literally have incentive to declare it an insurrection and couldn't do it.

Again, this is semantics, if you don't like the technical definition as "insurrection" that's fine. The violent protest that was organized, fueled, and supported by the far right. That's a lot of words but at least I didn't say "insurrection."

Undermining democracy is utterly meaningless when the people launching that accusation have no issue with a house minority leader who literally denied the results of a freely held election.

We're back to whataboutism. They did a bad thing so our bad thing isn't nearly as bad!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #8122 on: January 04, 2023, 12:06:45 PM »
Still laughing at the idea that Dems are uniquely the party of doing the bidding of the rich and powerful.  They're awful but Republicans are 100% that while Dems are maybe 80%.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #8123 on: January 04, 2023, 01:38:16 PM »
In which debate and dissent within one political party is somehow maligned while the other party continues to act as the statist authoritarian
borg
that they are.  And which one is worthy of criticism?

Absurd?  of course...speaking of double-standard projecting and deflecting....  :-l

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #8124 on: January 04, 2023, 02:10:54 PM »
Watching Kevin McCarthy sell his soul, pride, ethics, and pretty much anything that isn't nailed down to become Speaker of the House....to have it in his grasp, only to have it snatched away because he's having to lie in the bed he made and "can't be trusted" by a bunch of kids he allowed to run the playground.....it's pretty hilarious.

This is the correct take.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #8125 on: January 04, 2023, 02:20:42 PM »

This is "whataboutism" and only works to deflect the argument.

Again, this is semantics, if you don't like the technical definition as "insurrection" that's fine. The violent protest that was organized, fueled, and supported by the far right. That's a lot of words but at least I didn't say "insurrection."

We're back to whataboutism. They did a bad thing so our bad thing isn't nearly as bad!

I usually find accusations of "whataboutism" are a shield to protect from blatant unadulterated hypocrisy, and I wasn't proven wrong.

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
« Reply #8126 on: January 04, 2023, 02:22:12 PM »
I usually find accusations of "whataboutism" are a shield to protect from blatant unadulterated hypocrisy, and I wasn't proven wrong.

That's a lot of words for "no u."

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #8127 on: January 04, 2023, 03:00:43 PM »
That's a lot of words for "no u."

It's not no u, it's pointing out the ridiculous deflection when someone complains about people alleging behavior that they otherwise have no issue with when someone with a (D) next to their name perpetuates the same excrement.

Hakeem Jeffries openly denied the results of the 2016 election, according to the standards of the day that the left and their cohorts want to impose, that should disqualify him from any sort of higher position. Ohhhh but it's ok when we (D)o it.

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
« Reply #8128 on: January 04, 2023, 03:06:04 PM »
It's not no u, it's pointing out the ridiculous deflection when someone complains about people alleging behavior that they otherwise have no issue with when someone with a (D) next to their name perpetuates the same excrement.

Hakeem Jeffries openly denied the results of the 2016 election, according to the standards of the day that the left and their cohorts want to impose, that should disqualify him from any sort of higher position. Ohhhh but it's ok when we (D)o it.

It's cute that you think I would give the D pass when I'm not a Democrat and do not identify as such. I do not give Hakeem Jeffries a pass nor any other shitty D.

However, this entire conversation was around a very specific incident that was legitimately dangerous from a violent and democratic perspective.

In other words, this is a prime example of "whataboutism" because we weren't talking about this. You specifically brought it up to deflect from the conversation we were engaging in.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #8129 on: January 04, 2023, 04:27:00 PM »
McCarthy said WHAT?!

Tags: