Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645094 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #8100 on: January 03, 2023, 03:06:46 PM »
George Santos seems like a gift that will keep giving.

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1610314687249358848?s=19

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #8101 on: January 03, 2023, 03:09:37 PM »

I don't know how laughing at everything he says in front of Congress won't be the default reaction of anyone in the room.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #8102 on: January 03, 2023, 03:16:28 PM »
I don't know how laughing at everything he says in front of Congress won't be the default reaction of anyone in the room.
https://youtu.be/4zcEQtG_Ugo

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #8103 on: January 04, 2023, 06:19:57 AM »

“While SPEEDING ahead of reporters?”  Speeding??   While I get that Santos is the current in vogue dartboard for good reason, for a major network correspondent to lampoon the poor sap who did nothing more then hit a dead end in the labyrinth of a huge building he was new to is kinda small potatoes….  speaking of which … vvv

And he’s wearing a sweater?!!!!!
https://twitter.com/natsechobbyist/status/1610331093433200642

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #8104 on: January 04, 2023, 09:39:29 AM »
Watching Kevin McCarthy sell his soul, pride, ethics, and pretty much anything that isn't nailed down to become Speaker of the House....to have it in his grasp, only to have it snatched away because he's having to lie in the bed he made and "can't be trusted" by a bunch of kids he allowed to run the playground.....it's pretty hilarious.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #8105 on: January 04, 2023, 10:49:49 AM »
In which debate and dissent within one political party is somehow maligned while the other party continues to act as the statist authoritarian borg that they are.

And which one is worthy of criticism?

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
« Reply #8106 on: January 04, 2023, 10:56:49 AM »
In which debate and dissent within one political party is somehow maligned while the other party continues to act as the statist authoritarian borg that they are.

If your point is "we mock the GOP for it's internal struggles but the Dems going without criticism" then you're screaming into an echo chamber.

Those paying attention believe both parties are pathetic and have long abandoned working for the people.
Tom Brady kisses his kids like that kid from Glee who hung himself last week.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #8107 on: January 04, 2023, 11:01:22 AM »

Kevin McCarthy

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #8108 on: January 04, 2023, 11:01:40 AM »
If your point is "we mock the GOP for it's internal struggles but the Dems going without criticism" then you're screaming into an echo chamber.

This place is largely an echo chamber when it comes to politics, yes.

Those paying attention believe both parties are pathetic and have long abandoned working for the people.

Also true, except one is more dangerous then the other re: collusions with big pharma, big tech, major corporate interests and having a literal praetorian guard when it comes to about 90 percent of the media in this country. Unfortunately I'm not exactly going to run to third party disasters like the DSA.

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
« Reply #8109 on: January 04, 2023, 11:03:44 AM »
This place is largely an echo chamber when it comes to politics, yes.

Also true, except one is more dangerous then the other re: collusions with big pharma, big tech, major corporate interests and having a literal praetorian guard when it comes to about 90 percent of the media in this country. Unfortunately I'm not exactly going to run to third party disasters like the DSA.

How is selling your loyalty to the highest bidder more dangerous than an insurrection? That's a bad faith argument.

Both are abysmal and disgusting but one is undoubtedly more dangerous than the other.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #8110 on: January 04, 2023, 11:15:29 AM »
How is selling your loyalty to the highest bidder more dangerous than an insurrection? That's a bad faith argument.

Both are abysmal and disgusting but one is undoubtedly more dangerous than the other.

Good thing we didn't have an insurrection. Asserting that January 6th was an insurrection despite our own intelligence agencies (and just to clarify, freak them too, they should be distrusted at every turn) refuses to classify it as such.

And yes, the one with institutional control over everything is infinitely more dangerous.

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
« Reply #8111 on: January 04, 2023, 11:18:09 AM »
Good thing we didn't have an insurrection. Asserting that January 6th was an insurrection despite our own intelligence agencies (and just to clarify, freak them too, they should be distrusted at every turn) refuses to classify it as such.

And yes, the one with institutional control over everything is infinitely more dangerous.

freak them!

Unless they support my bullshit argument.

OK, let's get semantics out of the way.

The one that, in the least didn't have a problem with, but more accurately helped orchestrate, the January 6th mob attack on the capital in an effort to undermine democracy, is the one that is more dangerous.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #8112 on: January 04, 2023, 11:19:40 AM »
freak them!

Unless they support my bullshit argument.

OK, let's get semantics out of the way.

The one that, in the least didn't have a problem with, but more accurately helped orchestrate, the January 6th mob attack on the capital in an effort to undermine democracy, is the one that is more dangerous.

Put Jan 6th aside.

The one that either wishes to ban abortions, burn books and otherwise install christo-fascist authoritarianism, or is willing to allow others to if it's expedient to their personal goals, is the one that is more dangerous.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #8113 on: January 04, 2023, 11:20:38 AM »

What's the definition of insurrection again?

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
« Reply #8114 on: January 04, 2023, 11:21:28 AM »
What's the definition of insurrection again?

The definition depends on whether it makes my team look bad.

Tags: