Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645036 times)

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #7740 on: July 21, 2022, 05:08:46 PM »
The 'ignominy' of being led away in handcuffs......

https://twitter.com/FreeBeacon/status/1549448414072643585

question:  why the coat in 90 plus degree weather?
bonus question: what song was being butchered in the background?
Time's up tin-eared philistines..

answer: unless you're Big Shaq (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M_5oYU-IsU) there was no reason
answer: "I'll Be There" - Jackson 5

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #7741 on: July 21, 2022, 06:32:41 PM »
oof was that really "I'll be there"?

If so, that was beyond butchered, yikes.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #7744 on: July 22, 2022, 07:51:43 AM »
I've absolutely seen bail used as a way to indefinitely detain people and force them to eat criminal charges they'd otherwise fight so I'm not saying some sort of reform wasn't absolutely necessary (and discovery reform was completely necessary, but that hasn't stopped my trusted and above board local DA's office from trying to circumvent that as well by conditioning what they'll offer on whether we waive said speedy discovery)...

But the fact that the guy that tried to freaking STAB Zeldin was out literally within hours on his own recognizance is insane.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #7745 on: July 22, 2022, 10:35:13 AM »
oof was that really "I'll be there"?

If so, that was beyond butchered, yikes.
Yup.....they're playing (badly) the melody to the lyrics "just call my naaame.....I'll be there..."   

The musical term to indicate slowing down the tempo at song's end is called ritardando or retardando in this case.  It sounded like the last gasps of a deflated balloon (think: Salvation Army Band + quaaludes).......slowly plodding to the finish line...crash...

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #7747 on: July 22, 2022, 03:34:18 PM »
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1550554946877243397?t=odn2oKocAqmiWWBqwwQz1g&s=19
Bannon appeared today looking like he used a comb on his hair for once - what contempt?   ; )

In other news, NY gubernatorial candidate Lee Zeldin gets stage rushed by some nut brandishing a weapon of sorts......attacker's rag-dolled to the ground and arrested on felony assault charges......but there's a happy ending to this:  the attacker's now back out on the street just hours later having been released on his own recognizance.

MB:  yer darn-tootin' "some country" we got here 

Canada?   ..you wish..

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #7748 on: July 22, 2022, 04:47:46 PM »

In other news, NY gubernatorial candidate Lee Zeldin gets stage rushed by some nut brandishing a weapon of sorts......attacker's rag-dolled to the ground and arrested on felony assault charges......but there's a happy ending to this:  the attacker's now back out on the street just hours later having been released on his own recognizance.

MB:  yer darn-tootin' "some country" we got here 

Canada?   ..you wish..

See my comment above. It's absolutely insane to the point that the cynical part of me is worried that this might have been staged. It's just too perfect.

Even if it was, it still drives the point home that bail reform in the State (again, something that was necessary to a certain extent) has gone way, wayyyy too far.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #7749 on: July 22, 2022, 05:17:31 PM »
See my comment above. It's absolutely insane to the point that the cynical part of me is worried that this might have been staged. It's just too perfect.

Even if it was, it still drives the point home that bail reform in the State (again, something that was necessary to a certain extent) has gone way, wayyyy too far.

Try this on for size: you're in a gas station holding an infant.  A guy comes in and points a gun at your head.  (pix link below)

Fast forward: you don't show up at the hearing?....all charges are dismissed against the guy who pointed a gun at your head.

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/charges-dismissed-against-man-accused-of-pointing-gun-at-dad-carrying-baby-at-detroit-gas-station

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #7751 on: July 23, 2022, 10:50:42 AM »

Funny you should mention that

https://twitter.com/ScottHech/status/1550673702466887680?t=mbIw_Ixyn30sVZ5TxMl0Kw&s=19

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #7752 on: July 23, 2022, 04:16:01 PM »
Absolute clown

AND SPOUSES

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7753 on: July 23, 2022, 04:18:42 PM »
Absolute clown

AND SPOUSES

They'll need the combat skills to survive the next shooting.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #7754 on: July 23, 2022, 05:53:17 PM »
I'm really curious to know what kind of America he wants to build. I come from a military family, I like veterans. If I owned a business I would employ the freak out of vets.

I don't understand the logic of trying to make them teachers.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: