Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645477 times)

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #7680 on: July 10, 2022, 01:58:55 PM »
Interesting like watching a pair of malnourished cripples armwrestling. They're both awful individuals.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 02:06:03 PM by delavan »

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #7681 on: July 10, 2022, 01:59:26 PM »
^ You’re right, I should’ve flipped the dial and not listened to what either of them had to say (especially in keeping with the JO tenet of decisiveness and polarization when it comes to ‘politics’.     yawn

« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 02:09:44 PM by delavan »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #7682 on: July 10, 2022, 04:08:35 PM »
If you feel like you learned something of value from either of those fucknuggets then I'm all ears.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #7683 on: July 10, 2022, 08:23:05 PM »
If you feel like you learned something of value from either of those fucknuggets then I'm all ears.
Donna had a fleeting moment of usefulness when she aired some of the dirty laundry of 2016.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7685 on: July 10, 2022, 11:14:20 PM »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #7686 on: July 11, 2022, 12:03:50 AM »
Donna had a fleeting moment of usefulness when she aired some of the dirty laundry of 2016.
Was that when she did her cameo in Billions? I'll give you that, it was funny to watch her further debase herself.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #7687 on: July 11, 2022, 08:24:00 AM »

Sure did.

Brazille: Hillary/Bernie/DNC/Robbie Mook—details on how the DNC freaked over Bernie.  Conway: must introspection, personal reflections.   Progress or at least compromise can only come about by listening to gain a clearer understanding of where someone’s coming from even when you totally disagree with them.  I’m flipping the dial…I stopped, paused, and listened to what they had to say and then moved on.  I’m not going to ‘close it down’ because I personally thought they’re fucknuggets.  That’s Kancel Kulture Klub thinking imho…

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #7688 on: July 11, 2022, 08:32:38 AM »
That’s Kancel Kulture Klub thinking imho…

Choosing not to spend any time or effort listening to two people who have offered exactly nothing of value in their lives so far is not cancel culture, it's exercising basic critical faculties. They can spout off all they like, Brazile about her own self importance and Conway about whatever gibberish someone else has placed into her head, but I'm not interested in hearing about it.

It's funny that you're trying to pin that as "the JO tenet of decisiveness and polarization when it comes to ‘politics’" when they're coming from completely opposing sides of the aisle (ostensibly at least).

(BTW, I have a couple of times recently heard the phrase "cancel culture" rebranded as "consequence culture". I like that a lot more.)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #7689 on: July 11, 2022, 08:50:31 AM »
Cannot retrieve Tweet at this time. Please try again later.
Someone screenshot 3 column headlines by Kathleen Parker, with the first 2 downplaying future political consequences and the 3rd asking how we did not see this coming.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #7690 on: July 11, 2022, 08:55:40 AM »
Choosing not to spend any time or effort listening to

two people who have offered exactly nothing of value in their lives

so far is not cancel culture, it's exercising basic critical faculties. They can spout off all they like, Brazile about her own self importance and Conway about whatever gibberish someone else has placed into her head, but I'm not interested in hearing about it.

It's funny that you're trying to pin that as "the JO tenet of decisiveness and polarization when it comes to ‘politics’" when they're coming from completely opposing sides of the aisle (ostensibly at least).

(BTW, I have a couple of times recently heard the phrase "cancel culture" rebranded as "consequence culture". I like that a lot more.)
(in bold) translation: I’m a better, morally superior person.  Whatever…

The JO tenet: while we probably ‘agree on things’ 90+% of the time there is a group speak vibe in which contrarian viewpoints are met with a breaking eggshells with sledgehammers’ chorus, i.e. piling on…

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #7691 on: July 11, 2022, 09:02:38 AM »
(in bold) translation: I’m a better, morally superior person.  Whatever…

The JO tenet: while we probably ‘agree on things’ 90+% of the time there is a group speak vibe in which contrarian viewpoints are met with a breaking eggshells with sledgehammers’ chorus, i.e. piling on…

It's weird how you keep projecting things that you wish were being said rather than what is actually being said.

I'm not claiming to be better, morally superior person to Brazile or Conway (although in my favour I have never played any kind of significant role in causing undue suffering and damage to the lives of millions of people through a combination of personal ambition, stupidity and hubris, so if I were to be making that claim I think I'd have some fairly solid ground upon which to make it), I'm saying that neither of them has any opinion or thinking to which I would attach any value given their respective track records.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #7693 on: July 12, 2022, 10:35:07 AM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7694 on: July 12, 2022, 11:30:34 AM »

Tags: