Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645570 times)

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #7620 on: June 27, 2022, 06:05:50 PM »

3. The level of projection in terms of "parrot" is what it is, but it also has no basis.

Fair enough, I don't know you or specific beliefs.

But please be assured there is no parroting of political ideologues or my parents, and therefore imaginary projection, on my end.
My denial to continue "parroting" is what led me to a social circle reduced by 99% and very little family. I take critical thinking and intellectual honesty that seriously. It has cost me alot.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #7621 on: June 27, 2022, 06:32:02 PM »
My denial to continue "parroting" is what led me to a social circle reduced by 99% and very little family.

You know how you fix this? Come to the tailgate. Because true family is the fat men you get drunk with in a New Jersey parking lot.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #7622 on: June 27, 2022, 06:33:12 PM »
I take critical thinking and intellectual honesty that seriously. It has cost me alot.

I'm very lucky (or just a judge of good character) in that the people truly close to me, the Democrats in my wedding for example, are still my very close friends.

I'd be lying if I said some longstanding "friendships" weren't destroyed from 2016-2020 but it is what it is. Similarly, I do have family members that are stupid enough to take what Cruz said about public defenders to heart and had to be set straight. Again, it is what it is.

You know how you fix this? Come to the tailgate. Because true family is the fat men you get drunk with in a New Jersey parking lot.

At least in my case, don't forget short.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #7623 on: June 27, 2022, 06:35:15 PM »
At least in my case, don't forget short.

They're not all short, and some of them aren't even that fat, although I am both, but one thing we all are is drunk and sweary. Two things. We're both those things.

Family is the short fat drunk sweary men you find along the way.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #7624 on: June 27, 2022, 08:37:47 PM »
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1541201416949211136

Video of Rudy's "assault." 

What an absolute clown.  Good thing there was video.

Guy shouldn't have patted Rudy on the back so hard.....Rudy's a bleeder..

https://giphy.com/stories/rudy-giuliani-gifs-35e0cd2e-8afb

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #7625 on: June 27, 2022, 11:24:32 PM »

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen anything that attempts to be something in the same stratosphere as objective. As to what kind of damage this whole thing is expected to do to the GOP?

At least for the next two election cycles

For a while everyone has speculated a blood bath at the midterms, and that gap has slowly narrowed.

I wonder if the left can actually end up gaining seats, and having momentum from there.

I think this may be the most unpopular GOP decision I ever see for the entirety of my life

You underestimate how many baby-brained voters will be peeled off by manufactured outrage over pronouns and cancel culture.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #7626 on: June 27, 2022, 11:26:44 PM »
Except of course when it comes to vaccine mandates.

I love how right before that widely spread passage from Thomas, there's a literal entire page dedicated to making it crystal clear that Dobbs should have no bearing in terms of substantive due process on non-abortion cases that's gone totally ignored. Too easy for the Judd Legum's of the world to spew openly racist horseshit towards the Court's most senior Black justice.

But, just to humor the gallery, re: Obergfell. Wake me up when it's overturned due to either a total lack of, or a faulty equal protection analysis (which should've been the sole lens from which the Court viewed the case to begin with as opposed to just an out that Roberts used in his admittedly horrible analysis to align with the conservative wing), otherwise this is just faux outrage that has no basis.
This is a lot of words to cover for the conservative justices simply believing the constitution's true interpretation always coincides with their personal beliefs.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #7627 on: June 27, 2022, 11:31:07 PM »

(Not trying to turn this thread into my therapy session, my apologies haha....but please try not to join cults, guys)

I know the latter was not a reply to the former but this sequence amused me.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #7628 on: June 27, 2022, 11:47:34 PM »

I know the latter was not a reply to the former but this sequence amused me.

My brain had actually gone around a Jets/tailgate/cult joke, but I figured I was already pushing it in responding to Gorilla's intelligent and honest post with a tailgate plug and some throwaway humour.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7629 on: June 28, 2022, 09:17:44 AM »

You underestimate how many baby-brained voters will be peeled off by manufactured outrage over pronouns and cancel culture.

Previously maybe.

But again this is going to be the most unpopular thing the right will ever do.

I know Newsmax watching lunatics who even are scratching their heads like what the freak.

I've seen some intelligent talking heads argue that this shouldn't have an otherworldly impact on elections simply because nothing can be done about abortion at this point.

The amount of votes you'd need to make some kind of ammendment is unrealistic, and otherwise congress can do little to nothing about state issues. So that this will simply be a state issue from here on, and the outrage will be nothing but a marketing tool.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7630 on: June 28, 2022, 09:24:44 AM »

This is a lot of words to cover for the conservative justices simply believing the constitution's true interpretation always coincides with their personal beliefs.

I don't think anybody would argue that their personal beliefs is 1000% why they targeted this law.

But I do think the argument that the initial interpretation was pretty freaking wishy washy at best.

It's kind of mind boggling how an issue as big as abortion was essentially ignored for 50 years, despite it not having the most concrete legal standing.

Surely the left has had numerous opportunities to codify abortion, especially when they've had super majorities

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #7631 on: June 28, 2022, 09:36:18 AM »

My brain had actually gone around a Jets/tailgate/cult joke, but I figured I was already pushing it in responding to Gorilla's intelligent and honest post with a tailgate plug and some throwaway humour.

Hey as long as it's not a group of delusional people wearing the same mandatory colors and saying chants.

(For real, I will legit try to get there Oct 9th but it's not super-likely)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #7632 on: June 28, 2022, 09:52:53 AM »
Hey as long as it's not a group of delusional people wearing the same mandatory colors and saying chants.

Also if it helps we like to walk round the parking lot looking for groups of fans wearing the other team's colours and asking them if they'd be willing to consider letting the light of Broadway Joe and his son Zach into their life. This year we're considering warning them that failure to do so means facing the wrath of Micheal Clemons, a being of pure evil whose name is only spelled that way because his teacher didn't dare correct him in kindergarten when he wrote it down wrong.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #7633 on: June 28, 2022, 10:13:30 AM »
Also if it helps we like to walk round the parking lot looking for groups of fans wearing the other team's colours and asking them if they'd be willing to consider letting the light of Broadway Joe and his son Zach into their life. This year we're considering warning them that failure to do so means facing the wrath of Micheal Clemons, a being of pure evil whose name is only spelled that way because his teacher didn't dare correct him in kindergarten when he wrote it down wrong.

Excuse me sir/ma'am, do you have a second to learn about all of the good works of Curtis Martin?

It'll only take five minutes of your life to open the door to eternal salvation!

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7634 on: June 29, 2022, 09:51:44 AM »
Sec Becerra outlines Biden admin actions to ensure access to medication abortion.

https://twitter.com/abcpolitics/status/1541806790249177088?s=21&t=Vpo9F5eFExoizby1vgcDTA
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Tags: