Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645679 times)

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #7470 on: May 18, 2022, 04:43:54 PM »
Pretty bad when a media source that has pretty much served as a veritable stenographer calls you out on your whacked Similac counterattack

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/why-biden-s-response-baby-formula-shortage-disappointing-n1295492

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #7471 on: May 19, 2022, 08:07:46 AM »

The lean methodology for the government is likely more focused on budgetary than regulatory

And THAT'S why there are only 9 people. That's my entire point.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #7475 on: May 19, 2022, 12:32:28 PM »
Huh.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1527101944086401025?s=20&t=sIVKpStpNnXswch0UGJXCA
Unconscionably partisan - and screw the GOP legislators who withheld support.  That said, this shouldn't have even approached a tipping point before our incompetent, monday morning quarterback administration went about about addressing it.  Case after case of deer-caught-in-the-headlights and then futilely scrambling after the fact....  Podium boy.. 

~ Nina Titskowicz 2024 ~

« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 12:34:21 PM by delavan »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7476 on: May 19, 2022, 01:03:48 PM »
Unconscionably partisan - and screw the GOP legislators who withheld support.  That said, this shouldn't have even approached a tipping point before our incompetent, monday morning quarterback administration went about about addressing it.  Case after case of deer-caught-in-the-headlights and then futilely scrambling after the fact....  Podium boy.. 

~ Nina Titskowicz 2024 ~

I don't know what was in either. But there were two seperate bills, both passed. And the one had bipartisan backing

I do find it interesting when you see things like this though

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/19/a-dereliction-of-duty-us-lawmakers-grill-fda-commissioner-over-baby-formula-shortage-.html

Lawmakers call the fda incompetent derelicts, hours after voting to give them millions of dollars to fix the problem they created
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 01:07:10 PM by dcm1602 »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7477 on: May 19, 2022, 01:27:48 PM »
I don't know what was in either. But there were two seperate bills, both passed. And the one had bipartisan backing

I do find it interesting when you see things like this though

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/19/a-dereliction-of-duty-us-lawmakers-grill-fda-commissioner-over-baby-formula-shortage-.html

Lawmakers call the fda incompetent derelicts, hours after voting to give them millions of dollars to fix the problem they created

The one that passed with bipartisan support expanded access to the types of formula that can be purchased with WIC benefits. The one that passed based on party lines was the one that allocated money directly to the FDA to fix the problem.

It's the FDA's problem to fix, they deserve a lot of criticism for how they handled it, and they need money to fix it. Telling them to fix it without the funding doesn't help anybody.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7478 on: May 19, 2022, 02:26:55 PM »
The one that passed with bipartisan support expanded access to the types of formula that can be purchased with WIC benefits. The one that passed based on party lines was the one that allocated money directly to the FDA to fix the problem.

It's the FDA's problem to fix, they deserve a lot of criticism for how they handled it, and they need money to fix it. Telling them to fix it without the funding doesn't help anybody.

I get it. But it's a stark contrast to how the private world would work.

If someone is monumentally incompetent in the private sector, you bring someone else in to fix it.

Obviously things are a little different with the government, but I'd think it makes sense to bring someone else in to oversee the process

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #7479 on: May 19, 2022, 03:10:48 PM »
Nice milkers Joe but you can't breastfeed your way outta this..

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7482 on: May 21, 2022, 10:49:26 AM »
dcm: sarcasm translator.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #7483 on: May 21, 2022, 07:55:37 PM »
More pent up bullshit leaking from the people who were mad they couldn't call Bernie Sanders antisemitic.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #7484 on: May 22, 2022, 11:43:36 AM »

Tags: