Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645713 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #7455 on: May 14, 2022, 06:27:56 PM »
There's a segment of medical experts that supports supplementing breastfeeding with formula to make it more convenient, and that's not what I'm discussing here.

That's the norm. They tell you to breastfeed as much as you can and then supplement as needed for the health of the baby.

You're arguing against a largely nonexistent stance. Like people who feed their cats a vegan diet or whatever dumb excrement that everyone agrees is wrong.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 06:32:27 PM by Badger »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #7456 on: May 14, 2022, 06:31:49 PM »
Note to self: dip the edibles in ex-lax next time.
My black transgender Marxist training will protect me.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #7457 on: May 14, 2022, 07:34:31 PM »
That's the norm. They tell you to breastfeed as much as you can and then supplement as needed for the health of the baby.

You're arguing against a largely nonexistent stance. Like people who feed their cats a vegan diet or whatever dumb excrement that everyone agrees is wrong.

I don't agree that feeding cats a vegan diet is wrong, I'd much rather they lived on vegetables than birds. TBF I'd much rather they just died but that's just my thing with cats.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #7458 on: May 14, 2022, 09:14:31 PM »
My black transgender Marxist training will protect me.
Bladger.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7459 on: May 15, 2022, 05:27:52 AM »

Yes a mix of both is normal. But the percentage of people who don't do it at all is roughly 20%

The United States numbers suck here, pun intended

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7460 on: May 15, 2022, 05:30:14 AM »
I don't agree that feeding cats a vegan diet is wrong, I'd much rather they lived on vegetables than birds. TBF I'd much rather they just died but that's just my thing with cats.

I'm with you on the cat genocide.

But cats  like dogs should absolutely not be freaking vegans

IIRC cats are considered obligate carnivores, so feeding them a vegan diet should be considered animal abuse.

Though I think cats are better used as a key ingredient in Chinese food
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 05:32:41 AM by dcm1602 »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7461 on: May 15, 2022, 04:08:06 PM »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #7462 on: May 15, 2022, 04:13:41 PM »
Lol, Karl take the wheel.

https://www.fortune.com/2022/05/14/baby-formula-shortage-milk-monopoly-fda/

Of course the logical response to this is that it's yet another instance where proper leadership was apparently able to mitigate corporate greed as opposed to the demented old bat currently occupying the oval office.

Thanks Trump!

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7463 on: May 15, 2022, 04:24:16 PM »
Nationalize the health industry.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #7464 on: May 15, 2022, 04:46:14 PM »
Of course the logical response to this is that it's yet another instance where proper leadership was apparently able to mitigate corporate greed as opposed to the demented old bat currently occupying the oval office.

Thanks Trump!

Uh.... did you read the article?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7465 on: May 15, 2022, 06:11:17 PM »
Nationalize the health industry.

Medicare for all with a private supplemental component + death panels and we might have a real thing going for us

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7466 on: May 17, 2022, 09:44:42 PM »
Was reading more about this formula shortage.

I know some are quick to blame 4 companies for making up 90% of the US baby formula market (which makes up 98% of baby formula in the states)

But apparently the freaking fda has only 9 people to inspect plants approve baby food being sold. Responsible for the entire United States plus several plants in Europe and Mexico.

So in this case it seems like it's a combination of big government and greedy industry titans causing this problem
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 09:47:12 PM by dcm1602 »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #7467 on: May 18, 2022, 07:29:06 AM »

Was reading more about this formula shortage.

I know some are quick to blame 4 companies for making up 90% of the US baby formula market (which makes up 98% of baby formula in the states)

But apparently the freaking fda has only 9 people to inspect plants approve baby food being sold. Responsible for the entire United States plus several plants in Europe and Mexico.

So in this case it seems like it's a combination of big government and greedy industry titans causing this problem

"only 9 people"

"big government"

You see the issue here, right? How is federal understaffing a "big government" issue? If anything it's the result of lean "run it like a business" small government ideology.

Like the decimation of the IRS in recent years, it's intentional. The most powerful people prop up the politicians who'll do their bidding and make sure they get away with murder. Whether it's regulation skirting, monopolizing, tax evasion, etc.

If all the car dealerships in NYC gave Eric Adams millions in campaign cash and then he spent his first year as mayor slashing tires on all the city buses, the correct conclusion is not "guess that shows city government doesn't work."

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7468 on: May 18, 2022, 08:31:21 AM »

"only 9 people"

"big government"

You see the issue here, right? How is federal understaffing a "big government" issue? If anything it's the result of lean "run it like a business" small government ideology.

Like the decimation of the IRS in recent years, it's intentional. The most powerful people prop up the politicians who'll do their bidding and make sure they get away with murder. Whether it's regulation skirting, monopolizing, tax evasion, etc.

If all the car dealerships in NYC gave Eric Adams millions in campaign cash and then he spent his first year as mayor slashing tires on all the city buses, the correct conclusion is not "guess that shows city government doesn't work."

The 9 people isn't the reason it's big government, the fact that these companies can't bring their products to the market without inspection by the federal government is. The fact that there's only 9 people doing this job goes to show you how grossly inefficient the government is, drastically exacerbating this problem.

Businesses are efficient (relatively speaking). When that one factory shut down creating a shortage, I'm sure there were dozens able to jump in and take its place within days. However the bottleneck will be the government approval/inspection which will take weeks to months.

Hell this has become a congressional issue where they're introducing legislation to increase funding for these inspectors to hire additional staff. How long do you think it'll take to get legislation introduced, passed, employees hired and trained by the government?

To me that's something I'd postulate taking months. Where as a private company could do it in days to weeks.

The lean methodology for the government is likely more focused on budgetary than regulatory (and let's be honest the government is not lean what so freaking ever when it comes to the budget. It's more like slashing funding for one project so you can give it to the dudes bribing you)

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #7469 on: May 18, 2022, 02:03:56 PM »
Big 'gum'mint

Tags: