Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645898 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #7440 on: May 14, 2022, 02:04:45 PM »
The vast majority (but not all) of people who formula feed are the breastfeeding equivalent of being an antivaxxer

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #7441 on: May 14, 2022, 02:13:22 PM »
The vast majority (but not all) of people who formula feed are the breastfeeding equivalent of being an antivaxxer

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7442 on: May 14, 2022, 02:49:18 PM »

tldr formula feeding your kid isnt as good as the tit and can have lifelong consequences on them . There are rare but legitimate exceptions for mothers to not do it. But the United States has appallingly high formula fed rates
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 02:53:44 PM by dcm1602 »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #7443 on: May 14, 2022, 03:13:17 PM »
While I understand that scientifically it's established fact that breastfeeding is healthier than formula, and I respect that you come at this from an angle of having a medical education, I think it's probably best that those of us who don't have children refrain from being too judgemental about these sorts of parenting decisions.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #7444 on: May 14, 2022, 03:23:26 PM »
Breastfeeding is better but it ain't my titty that's getting sucked on.  If I don't start losing some weight I'm gonna start lactating gravy.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #7445 on: May 14, 2022, 03:51:21 PM »
Breastfeeding is better but it ain't my titty that's getting sucked on.  If I don't start losing some weight I'm gonna start lactating gravy.
That might be useful at the tailgate.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #7446 on: May 14, 2022, 03:52:50 PM »
While I understand that scientifically it's established fact that breastfeeding is healthier than formula, and I respect that you come at this from an angle of having a medical education, I think it's probably best that those of us who don't have children refrain from being too judgemental about these sorts of parenting decisions.
I place dcm's take on formula about half a degree higher in respectability than mj's take on what's being taught in grade schools.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7447 on: May 14, 2022, 04:35:10 PM »

Nah

But I'll also judge parents for having grotesquely obese kids, smoking around their kids, or being stupid cunts who don't want their kids vaccinated because of the mEtAlZ and preservatives. I get that it's inconvenient to pump and all that excrement and probably doesn't feel the greatest. But there's a ton of countries that have something like 98-99% of their babies breast fed. I think the US has something like the 3rd lowest percentage of any industrialized country

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #7448 on: May 14, 2022, 04:35:21 PM »
I place dcm's take on formula about half a degree higher in respectability than mj's take on what's being taught in grade schools.

Note to self: dip the edibles in ex-lax next time.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7449 on: May 14, 2022, 04:38:19 PM »

Fortunately in this case this isn't my opinion. It's uninamous consensus of the entire medical community. There's a segment of medical experts that supports supplementing breastfeeding with formula to make it more convenient, and that's not what I'm discussing here.

There is literally nobody who advocates for formula over the tit under ordinary circumstances. Medical exceptions are obviously medical exceptions
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 04:42:06 PM by dcm1602 »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #7450 on: May 14, 2022, 05:14:24 PM »
I'll also judge parents for having grotesquely obese kids, smoking around their kids, or being stupid cunts who don't want their kids vaccinated because of the mEtAlZ and preservatives.

I think that conflating these things with using formula to supplement breastfeeding is somewhat disingenuous. I get that your issue is with the idea of formula as an exercise in convenience over breastfeeding, but having neither children nor breasts, again I'd suggest that there's maybe an element of lived experience you (and I) are lacking that would be helpful to inform such sweeping statements.

This is a social issue, not a medical one.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7451 on: May 14, 2022, 05:35:06 PM »
I think that conflating these things with using formula to supplement breastfeeding is somewhat disingenuous. I get that your issue is with the idea of formula as an exercise in convenience over breastfeeding, but having neither children nor breasts, again I'd suggest that there's maybe an element of lived experience you (and I) are lacking that would be helpful to inform such sweeping statements.

This is a social issue, not a medical one.

I'm borderline illiterate, so I'll restate my viewpoint. if I suggested that people who supplement breastfeeding with formula were included in my above statements that was not my intention.

I am purely pointing a finger at people who opt not to breastfeed and instead use formula.

Which I do think is a medical issue, since there's a strong body of evidence supporting the short and long term medical risks of doing so.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7452 on: May 14, 2022, 05:37:12 PM »
I do find it interesting that I'm arguing about freaking breastfeeding on here lol

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #7453 on: May 14, 2022, 05:52:01 PM »
I do find it interesting that I'm arguing about freaking breastfeeding on here lol

I'm personally quite excited for suckling on Bo's gravy funbags in the fall.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #7454 on: May 14, 2022, 06:14:43 PM »
I'm personally quite excited for suckling on Bo's gravy funbags in the fall.
$1.35 for the 1st minute, 45 cents each additional minute.

Tags: