Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 646039 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #7350 on: May 03, 2022, 01:26:50 AM »
CRT isn't a big issue, it was a manufactured issue from the right to drum up support.

But yes, this is a massive government overreach. The GOP long ago abandoned its core principles, and this is another example.

I don't think CRT is a big issue in that it didn't mean or impact excrement. Sure I don't agree with the idea of teaching it to kids but let's be honest most kids don't pay attention or give a freak about anything they learn in school. And on a scale of 1-10 the importance of it to me as an issue is easily a 1

But I do think it is a big issue in the sense that it brought up an issue of parents having a say in what their kids are taught in school, and how many felt like they were told to freak off (and subsequently how this riled them to show up for elections and what not as previously seen in Virginia) . And I think that played a much bigger factor
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 01:28:44 AM by dcm1602 »

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #7351 on: May 03, 2022, 02:13:08 AM »
There's plenty of data suggesting that something like 99% of abortions aren't because of rape.

And yes I imagine that if you live in a state where abortion is illegal you will take different precautions.

Regardless I think the abortion needs to remain legal

Comprehensive sex education is coincidentally also being hit hard. State GOP party in Maine at least officially has adopted the banning of sex education in almost all capacities in public schools as part of their official platform. I assume it's not the only state with a similar platform.

Also, counties with abortion restrictions tend to have higher rates of unintended pregnancy, because (probably) they typically align with lower sex education and access to safe sex:

Using World Bank income groups, we found an inverse relationship between unintended pregnancy and income, whereas abortion rates varied non-monotonically across groups. In countries where abortion was restricted, the proportion of unintended pregnancies ending in abortion had increased compared with the proportion for 1990–94, and the unintended pregnancy rates were higher than in countries where abortion was broadly legal.

https://www.guttmacher.org/article/2020/07/unintended-pregnancy-and-abortion-income-region-and-legal-status-abortion-estimates

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #7352 on: May 03, 2022, 07:14:31 AM »
CRT isn't a big issue, it was a manufactured issue from the right to drum up support.

LOl ok Joy Reid.

I won’t even get into the absurdity of his kicking an issue back to the States is “massive government overreach.”

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #7353 on: May 03, 2022, 07:25:22 AM »
Dollar to a stale doughnut Roberts isn't voting for it.   4-4, dead in the water

G'nite
Alito, Thomas, ACB, Kavanaugh, Gorsuch - who do you have dissenting?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #7354 on: May 03, 2022, 07:26:43 AM »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #7355 on: May 03, 2022, 09:35:06 AM »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7356 on: May 03, 2022, 09:52:29 AM »
SCOTUS upset someone violated their right to make decisions in private.

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1521298708180226062
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #7357 on: May 03, 2022, 10:44:10 AM »
LOL JFC. Yeah, it was a clerk for either Alito or one of the concurring judges that leaked this. You must've been at the top of your class.

Besides, the right doesn't need a..comparitive riot I guess? The summer of 2020 happened, city blocks went up in flames, the same people that supported that under w/e idiotic premise they landed on already treat "1/6" like 9/11 and get rightfully laughed at as total hypocrites.

i never said they leaked it, all im saying is this is a nice big distraction that just so happens to be coming out at an opportune time.

the right would relish a riot over this, you yourself would be clamoring to "what about the abortion riots" everytime someone brought up the insurrection. you know it, i know it, we all know it.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7358 on: May 03, 2022, 10:47:00 AM »
Seeing some theories that this was leaked intentionally to allow the response to ease out by the time the draft was finalized and released. Not sure how much I believe that they would actually do that or if it would have the desired effect of allowing the crowds to cool off but there it is.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #7359 on: May 03, 2022, 10:48:33 AM »
i never said they leaked it, all im saying is this is a nice big distraction that just so happens to be coming out at an opportune time.

the right would relish a riot over this, you yourself would be clamoring to "what about the abortion riots" everytime someone brought up the insurrection. you know it, i know it, we all know it.

I see this as more likely to be a vagina hat protest than a full-on riot.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #7360 on: May 03, 2022, 10:58:38 AM »

I'm pro legalized abortion, but the abortion rate would drop tremendously if abortion became illegal.

The one good thing would be people would likely take birth control and or safe sex more seriously.

But the bad would far outweigh it.

In this case you'd have people just crossing state lines to do it, which would make this entire freaking thing absolutely retarded. This would also make it extremely hard for the poorest of people to have an abortion since I'd imagine traveling x hours away for a freaking medical procedure isn't exactly feasible for many

Abortion rate has been declining over the past 40 years, likely due to better sex ed and access to birth control. Safest way to continue to drop that number is pursuing and expanding those efforts.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #7361 on: May 03, 2022, 11:31:25 AM »

Again, I don't need to play the whatabout game considering the summer of 2020.

But in terms of this being a nice big distraction, yes it is. It's a GREAT distraction from the utter failure that has been the Biden/Harris administration and Democratic governance. This leak couldn't be coming out at a better time for the left. What should have been an easy path to an absolute bloodbath in the midterms and a great day for the GOP just got a whole hell of a lot more murkier.

SCOTUS upset someone violated their right to make decisions in private.

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1521298708180226062

BuT wHaT aBoUt DeMoCrAtIc NoRmS.

You don't care about them, you never did.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #7362 on: May 03, 2022, 11:44:15 AM »
utter failure that has been the Biden/Harris administration and Democratic governance.

ive been gone a long time, i cant recall the last time i agreed with you.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #7363 on: May 03, 2022, 11:59:09 AM »

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #7364 on: May 03, 2022, 01:02:36 PM »

Universal paid parental leave, pre-k, and health care would be incredible in terms of increasing the quality of life and health outcomes of parents, newborns, and children. It would reduce the economic and personal costs associated with pregnancy, and ultimately reduce the demand for abortions. If only it weren't so Marxist.

Tags: