Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645894 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #7335 on: May 02, 2022, 11:06:41 PM »
i should start an abortion destination travel agency...
Nevada abortion clinics are about to have surge pricing from all the Arizona and Utah women driving up.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7336 on: May 02, 2022, 11:20:42 PM »
Ban sports betting and online poker, people will still do it. Just more dangerously, on websites that are sketchy and could steal your money at any time.

Ban drugs, people will still use drugs. Just more dangerously.

Ban abortion, and women will still get it. Just more dangerously.

I'm pro legalized abortion, but the abortion rate would drop tremendously if abortion became illegal.

The one good thing would be people would likely take birth control and or safe sex more seriously.

But the bad would far outweigh it.

In this case you'd have people just crossing state lines to do it, which would make this entire freaking thing absolutely retarded. This would also make it extremely hard for the poorest of people to have an abortion since I'd imagine traveling x hours away for a freaking medical procedure isn't exactly feasible for many

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7337 on: May 02, 2022, 11:22:02 PM »
Nevada abortion clinics are about to have surge pricing from all the Arizona and Utah women driving up.

I'd assume this is in jest. But I'd imagine your average person getting an abortion is broke as freak. Hell most likely can't even make the cross state trek

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7338 on: May 02, 2022, 11:24:11 PM »
I'd assume this is in jest. But I'd imagine your average person getting an abortion is broke as freak. Hell most likely can't even make the cross state trek
I wouldn't say your average person getting an abortion is broke. That seems completely made up. However, the rich people who want abortions will still get them. All this does is harm the poor people who want to get abortions who now can't.

(and yes, surge pricing was a joke)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7339 on: May 02, 2022, 11:26:10 PM »
I'm pro legalized abortion, but the abortion rate would drop tremendously if abortion became illegal.

The one good thing would be people would likely take birth control and or safe sex more seriously.

But the bad would far outweigh it.
Women will get abortion with or without the law. You really think people are going to have safer sex because of this? That isn't reality. Nobody is thinking about that when they're about to get laid (and that's best case scenario....rapists certainly aren't going to consider that).

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7340 on: May 02, 2022, 11:40:17 PM »
I'll never forgive Lautenberg for stumping for Alito. Piece of excrement.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7341 on: May 02, 2022, 11:54:57 PM »
Women will get abortion with or without the law. You really think people are going to have safer sex because of this? That isn't reality. Nobody is thinking about that when they're about to get laid (and that's best case scenario....rapists certainly aren't going to consider that).

There's plenty of data suggesting that something like 99% of abortions aren't because of rape.

And yes I imagine that if you live in a state where abortion is illegal you will take different precautions.

Regardless I think the abortion needs to remain legal

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7342 on: May 02, 2022, 11:57:59 PM »
I wouldn't say your average person getting an abortion is broke. That seems completely made up. However, the rich people who want abortions will still get them. All this does is harm the poor people who want to get abortions who now can't.

(and yes, surge pricing was a joke)

You may believe it's made up. But it's not.

Low-income women are more than five times as likely than affluent women to experience an unintended pregnancy

75% of women requesting abortion in the US are in poverty or in the low income bracket(7). The poorest 12% of women account for almost 50% of abortions and the poorest 30% for 75% of abortions(

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7344 on: May 03, 2022, 12:25:25 AM »
You may believe it's made up. But it's not.

I haven't looked, but if it is, it's likely because they have less access to education, birth control, and other things along those lines.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7346 on: May 03, 2022, 12:26:42 AM »
I haven't looked, but if it is, it's likely because they have less access to education, birth control, and other things along those lines.

Im sure that is the reason.

In this case I'm not attacking the lower class, I'm actually saying they're the ones who could get fucked the hardest by this.

And all of society would pay the cost

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7347 on: May 03, 2022, 12:34:02 AM »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7348 on: May 03, 2022, 01:19:32 AM »
If this turns out to be a real thing, this would definitely conflict my political opinion.

It's fairly obvious that I frequently side with the rights opinions versus that of the left. But this would be pretty freaking atrocious and something I thought was always just some left wing boogiemen nonsense to drum up support from donors and get people to show up to the polls.

For a party that prided itself on less regulation, to me, this sounds like a huge step in government overreach and big regulation.

I had hoped that Trumps nomination and subsequent presidency would have brought a less religious segment of the right to power (among the right). But this would prove that to not be the case.

I think the right was "probably" winning the culture war on big issues like CRT, crime, and policing (not necessarily dominating but they held the popular opinion). And this would absolutely cripple the right in unprecedented ways, and I do believe this cluster freak ends up moving the entire country way to the left

I guess this is what happens when all the decision makers in your party are complete freaking dinosaurs

(they are all dinosaurs on the left too, but their most vocal constituents are kiddos)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 01:21:41 AM by dcm1602 »

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7349 on: May 03, 2022, 01:23:48 AM »
CRT isn't a big issue, it was a manufactured issue from the right to drum up support.

But yes, this is a massive government overreach. The GOP long ago abandoned its core principles, and this is another example. It seems their core principles now are just finding ways to pee off the left.

Tags: