Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645182 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #7260 on: April 21, 2022, 02:10:15 PM »
I don't know the financial logistics.

But how much money does Disney have invested into that location?

Sure they'd make an obscene amount of money selling the land, but presumably the cost for them to move location's and any downtime/overlap in property ownership would cost them tens of billions and then some.

This is a lose lose, and I think this may end up being one of the most stupid things DeSantis ends up doing.

Yes for sure. And I don't think that logistically Disney could pull the theme parks out of Florida, for all sorts of reasons. But they're an incredibly powerful and wealthy company, and they're the kind of enemy that DeSantis really could do without because not only do they have more money than god, they also have the kind of media influence that could make or break pretty much any political career.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7261 on: April 21, 2022, 02:13:16 PM »
Yes for sure. And I don't think that logistically Disney could pull the theme parks out of Florida, for all sorts of reasons. But they're an incredibly powerful and wealthy company, and they're the kind of enemy that DeSantis really could do without because not only do they have more money than god, they also have the kind of media influence that could make or break pretty much any political career.

Unequivocally this whole thing is flat out freaking retarded.

And it makes you wonder why a guy who has all the stars aligned to be the republican presidential nominee going against a 100 year old man with abysmal approval ratings.

All DeSantis has to do is not anything freaking retarded and he probably would be a favorite for the Whitehouse.

This makes no sense and benefits nobody.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #7262 on: April 21, 2022, 04:18:45 PM »
I don't have any love for either of them, but I'm fairly sure Florida needs Disney more than Disney needs Florida.
Need the Amazon Defense Warriors to weigh in here, by their standard DeSantis is doing something much worse than AOC.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #7265 on: April 21, 2022, 05:24:57 PM »
Need the Amazon Defense Warriors to weigh in here, by their standard DeSantis is doing something much worse than AOC.
Who is the A.D.W. lol and why the NEED for 'them' to weigh in here?  Amazon in Queens never broke ground while Disney World's been up and running in Florida for over a half century(!) and it's doubtful they're closing shop. 

Good long range forecast: trans Mickey should soon be fuckin Goofy

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #7266 on: April 21, 2022, 05:36:55 PM »
Who is the A.D.W. lol and why the NEED for 'them' to weigh in here?  Amazon in Queens never broke ground while Disney World's been up and running in Florida for over a half century(!) and it's doubtful they're closing shop. 

Good long range forecast: trans Mickey should soon be fuckin Goofy

So telling a corporation you're not giving them a tax break isn't the end of the world, got it.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #7267 on: April 21, 2022, 05:44:56 PM »
On a more somber note, the U.S. Capitol was evacuated over fears of an imminent attack.  Turns out 'the attack' was a group of U.S. Army paratroopers 'dropping in' Nationals Stadium just prior to the Diamondbacks-Nationals game.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #7268 on: April 21, 2022, 05:55:10 PM »
So telling a corporation you're not giving them a tax break isn't the end of the world, got it.
Never said that.  False equivalence.  Amazon NYC never saw the light of day while tax breaks were never a non-starter in Florida in 1971.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #7269 on: April 21, 2022, 06:10:43 PM »
America, please check your pipes and call a plumber if need be, you appear to be leaking and it's getting on us.

A cross-dressing limey poofter

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #7270 on: April 21, 2022, 06:23:14 PM »
America, please check your pipes and call a plumber if need be, you appear to be leaking and it's getting on us.

Trickle Down is finally working!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #7271 on: April 23, 2022, 01:04:07 PM »
I think it's precious how Republicans are now in favor of more regulation, stricter policing of speech, and the government punishing speech that dissents from their beliefs. I can feel the freedom.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7272 on: April 25, 2022, 02:17:39 PM »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #7273 on: April 26, 2022, 11:58:01 AM »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #7274 on: April 26, 2022, 12:03:00 PM »

Tags: