Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645655 times)

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #7215 on: April 07, 2022, 01:33:47 PM »
No, because nobody gets an abortion at 39 weeks for lols. Not even close to equivalent.

And the amount of times someone gets an abortion for rape/incest is similarly miniscule, we can do this all day.

If the specific legislation in Colorado prohibited abortion in a late term situation except for an exception re: health of the mother it wouldn't be an issue, but of course it doesn't.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #7216 on: April 07, 2022, 01:44:49 PM »
And the amount of times someone gets an abortion for rape/incest is similarly miniscule, we can do this all day.

If the specific legislation in Colorado prohibited abortion in a late term situation except for an exception re: health of the mother it wouldn't be an issue, but of course it doesn't.

Why do you need to legislate discretion though? Given an abortion is an action that can only be performed by a physician, and that physicians are already tightly regulated, why legislate it at all and risk creating a situation in which people agree that an abortion is appropriate but the legislation that a bunch of non-physicians drafted didn't anticipate it and thus bans it? As a conservative, are you not opposed to excessive legislation and government interference?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7217 on: April 07, 2022, 01:49:28 PM »
Missouri's ban on abortion in the case of ectopic pregnancies is just confounding.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7218 on: April 07, 2022, 02:10:56 PM »
Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #7219 on: April 07, 2022, 07:07:54 PM »
And now, heeerrre's Ketanji!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hcqb3hAmr8

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7220 on: April 07, 2022, 07:28:52 PM »
Now we need a transgender Latino homosexual on the Supreme Court.

I hope the next president we have is someone with the integrity to make it a priority to select the next Supreme Court Justice based on a bunch of things that have nothing whatsoever to do with their ability to do the job

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #7221 on: April 07, 2022, 07:43:46 PM »
For the record, there are ZERO states in the union that have majority support for total abortion bans. Our sad attempt at pretending to be a functional democracy continues to become less believable.
We are not a direct democracy but a representative democracy, i.e. there''s always the vote the bums out redress option.  Additionally, this 'maybe baby' issue's not the only issue where gov't policy's NOT in tune with the populace. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #7222 on: April 07, 2022, 09:06:51 PM »
Now we need a transgender Latino homosexual on the Supreme Court.

I hope the next president we have is someone with the integrity to make it a priority to select the next Supreme Court Justice based on a bunch of things that have nothing whatsoever to do with their ability to do the job
So she's not qualified?

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7223 on: April 12, 2022, 03:33:52 PM »
Red Dawn just seems so implausible right now.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #7224 on: April 12, 2022, 05:41:52 PM »
So she's not qualified?

Considering her rate of being overturned during her limited time on the circuit court...no. She's really not.

Some of the criticisms being levied from the right on her candidacy are freaking absolutely stupid (looking at you Ted Cruz), but her desire to legislate from the bench should've been disqualifying. Instead of course Mitt Murkowski and Collins went along with it.

Amazing how they weren't met with the media fury that say Joe Manchin and Mama Sinema were when breaking party rank. Interesting that.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #7225 on: April 13, 2022, 01:17:16 PM »
Considering her rate of being overturned during her limited time on the circuit court...no. She's really not.

Some of the criticisms being levied from the right on her candidacy are freaking absolutely stupid (looking at you Ted Cruz), but her desire to legislate from the bench should've been disqualifying. Instead of course Mitt Murkowski and Collins went along with it.

Amazing how they weren't met with the media fury that say Joe Manchin and Mama Sinema were when breaking party rank. Interesting that.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #7226 on: April 14, 2022, 03:30:50 PM »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7227 on: April 14, 2022, 04:08:35 PM »
Something something death of free speech

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/04/directv-dropped-oan-today-rejecting-gop-pleas-to-keep-right-wing-network/

I have zero idea what that network is nor have I ever been a direct TV customer.

But this has to be kind of concerning to see this behavior.

A glaring example is this excerpt

US Reps. Anna Eshoo (D-Calif.) and Jerry McNerney (D-Calif.) had also questioned DirecTV owner AT&T and other TV providers about why they carry OAN, Newsmax, and Fox News.

They disagree with me so take them off the air, sounds like something that would be popular in China

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #7228 on: April 14, 2022, 04:11:54 PM »
I have zero idea what that network is nor have I ever been a direct TV customer.

But this has to be kind of concerning to see this behavior.

A glaring example is this excerpt

They disagree with me so take them off the air, sounds like something that would be popular in China

Now quote the rest of the paragraph that preceded the line you're upset about.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7229 on: April 14, 2022, 04:55:58 PM »
Now quote the rest of the paragraph that preceded the line you're upset about.

You mean the paragraph that was talking about a network that is neither Fox nor Newsmax?

Tags: