Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 646072 times)

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #7185 on: April 04, 2022, 06:32:43 PM »
*makes sure the safety is on*
#safesexisgoodsex

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7186 on: April 04, 2022, 06:50:10 PM »
*makes sure the safety is on*

It doesn't take a lot of force to click that off, just FYI. Better let her ride.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7187 on: April 05, 2022, 12:32:48 PM »
Tennessee "one man, one woman" marriage bill conspicuously missing age restrictions.

https://www.wjhl.com/news/regional/tennessee/gop-bill-would-eliminate-age-requirements-for-marriages-in-tennessee/
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #7188 on: April 06, 2022, 01:46:14 PM »

Not OK

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #7189 on: April 06, 2022, 01:46:59 PM »
Horrible
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #7190 on: April 06, 2022, 01:47:37 PM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #7191 on: April 06, 2022, 01:56:54 PM »

Not OK
Watch where you yank your crank in OK.  One errant ricochet and you're a felon.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7192 on: April 06, 2022, 02:19:41 PM »
Give Oklahoma back.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #7193 on: April 06, 2022, 02:25:52 PM »
no abortions, but i'm sure inbreeding is welcomed.  freaking hicks.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #7194 on: April 06, 2022, 03:42:53 PM »
and on the flip side, Colorado has passed legislation allowing abortions at any stage of pregnancy.

Extremist lunacy everywhere.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7195 on: April 06, 2022, 04:08:05 PM »
Derelicts and religious fanatics dictate public policy in this country

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #7196 on: April 06, 2022, 04:21:18 PM »
On a somewhat unrelated note, totally honest question here for everyone.  Do you ever get to a point where it's difficult to balance "being informed" and so pissed off that it's better to just not read about politics anymore?

I think I'm kinda there now.  I'd rather ignore  a lot of the political theater that's going on now at the risk of being uninformed.  At some point the annoyance isn't worth the information.  I'd rather be a little blissfully unaware and happier.  Not completely, just some.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 04:26:02 PM by bojanglesman »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7197 on: April 06, 2022, 04:31:19 PM »
On a somewhat unrelated note, totally honest question here for everyone.  Do you ever get to a point where it's difficult to balance "being informed" and so pissed off that it's better to just not read about politics anymore?

I think I'm kinda there now.  I'd rather ignore  a lot of the political theater that's going on now at the risk of being uninformed.  At some point the annoyance isn't worth the information.  I'd rather be a little blissfully unaware and happier.  Not completely, just some.

That's why my political obnoxiousness on this board  has decreased like 95% over the years.

Partially because I realized this "team" ideology bullshit is freaking retarded. But also because I realized what's the freaking point in arguing with someone about political excrement when statistically its impossible for someone to change their mind about something they're decided on, and because I understand that the only thing that comes from these arguments is people get annoyed fight and turn into a bunch of pretencious cunts.

This is why my tolerance for arguing politics has become about 5 to 10 minutes before I roll over and die. And it gives me more time and energy to focus on the things that matter, like Becton's body fat percentage

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #7198 on: April 06, 2022, 04:33:26 PM »
That's why my political obnoxiousness on this board  has decreased like 95% over the years.

Partially because I realized this "team" ideology bullshit is freaking retarded. But also because I realized what's the freaking point in arguing with someone about political excrement when statistically its impossible for someone to change their mind about something they're decided on, and because I understand that the only thing that comes from these arguments is people get annoyed fight and turn into a bunch of pretencious cunts.

This is why my tolerance for arguing politics has become about 5 to 10 minutes before I roll over and die. And it gives me more time and energy to focus on the things that matter, like Becton's body fat percentage
  Same here.  The sad reality is that the people that stir up all this excrement are the ones that get heard.  My alternative focus is the draft trade chart.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #7199 on: April 06, 2022, 04:33:58 PM »

I don't think that's true. I disagree to some extent with Badger and mj on a pretty hefty portion of their positions, but I always listen to both of them and I think I've probably adjusted my views on multiple things in both of their directions at various points in their past.

If you've decided that the problem with discussing politics with people is that it's pointless because they don't listen to you and don't get any smarter, then maybe you're the problem. I'm more interested in educating me than I am in educating others.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: