Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645400 times)

ons

• Chad Pennington
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #7095 on: March 09, 2022, 09:07:41 AM »
Sure they're based on tradition, but if Republicans came in and said oh we have powder let's add 10 more seats now to swing power in our favor. That's absolutely freaking hijacking it.

You want to change the Supreme Court fine, but a mad dash bumrush to grab power isn't the right way.

How would you feel about five justices appointed by each party, with a further five appointed by those ten? Total of 15 justices, equal partisan representation, with collaboration built into the process and five non-partisan appointees?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #7096 on: March 09, 2022, 10:38:10 AM »

Sure they're based on tradition, but if Republicans came in and said oh we have powder let's add 10 more seats now to swing power in our favor. That's absolutely freaking hijacking it.

And then Democrats do the same thing in response, further delegitimizing the institution of the Supreme Court? Oh noooooooooooo

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #7097 on: March 09, 2022, 10:43:02 AM »
Democrats have won 7/8 of the last presidential elections by popular vote, and have nominated 3/9 current supreme court justices. But yes, you should be concerned about the left's hijacking of the court.

good thing we don't elect Presidents by popular vote.

SCOTUS is de-legitimized only towards partisan hacks who want hacktivist judges on the bench to totally excrement on the Constitution because if its a living document it can be interpreted however we want!

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7098 on: March 09, 2022, 10:48:14 AM »
Hacktivism: computer hacking (as by infiltration and disruption of a network or website) done to further the goals of political or social activism
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #7099 on: March 09, 2022, 10:51:59 AM »
Hacktivism: computer hacking (as by infiltration and disruption of a network or website) done to further the goals of political or social activism

Yes, because it doesn't also have an alternative meaning of hacks utilizing their position to engage in activism. See: Sotomayor, Sonia.

Or for that matter every freaking dumb journalist who's referring to the legislation down in Florida as the "don't say gay" bill. How dare we not discuss sexuality with kids in kindergarten?!

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7100 on: March 09, 2022, 10:52:57 AM »
Yes, because it doesn't also have an alternative meaning of hacks utilizing their position to engage in activism. See: Sotomayor, Sonia.

Or for that matter every freaking dumb journalist who's referring to the legislation down in Florida as the "don't say gay" bill. How dare we not discuss sexuality with kids in kindergarten?!

It does not.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #7101 on: March 09, 2022, 12:07:28 PM »
Looking the other way on Texas abortion bounty hunters, just as the constitution intended.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #7104 on: March 09, 2022, 12:56:05 PM »
Uh..... Libertarian propaganda sites? Really?
Frankly I didn't even look/open it - it said 'quick' so I threw it out there.  You do seem chafed, however that wasn't my intent (seriously). 

Here's another one
https://www.isidewith.com/political-quiz

EDIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Sw2vsJkBc
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 01:02:12 PM by delavan »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7105 on: March 09, 2022, 01:11:29 PM »
Uh..... Libertarian propaganda sites? Really?

NVM, wrong link.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #7106 on: March 10, 2022, 06:13:30 PM »
Radical MB should get to decide what happens to people who write these bills

https://twitter.com/byKateSmith/status/1502015734871904264?t=NzUwJTw54Ktk99sBcYgy4w&s=19

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7107 on: March 10, 2022, 06:18:41 PM »
Everyone with a uterus in MO should be filing a petition to challenge that^.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #7108 on: March 10, 2022, 06:26:26 PM »
Radical MB should get to decide what happens to people who write these bills

https://twitter.com/byKateSmith/status/1502015734871904264?t=NzUwJTw54Ktk99sBcYgy4w&s=19

I love that American right wingers love to bleat about the importance of the Constitution while also being huge supporters of legislation predicated on religious doctrine.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7109 on: March 10, 2022, 08:20:10 PM »
The rights stance on abortion just freaking kills them.

They'd have so much more success and support if they tweaked their argument to be something akin to abortions are repulsive and immoral, therefore the government shouldn't subsidize them. (instead of their current insane view point of making them illegal and having these insane penalties). The libertarian wing of the right is losing to these Bible thumpers

Tags: