Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 646029 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #7065 on: March 02, 2022, 04:05:34 PM »
He should respect people's personal choices.

Does this go both ways?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #7066 on: March 02, 2022, 04:10:52 PM »
Does this go both ways?

Yes of course it does, right up until it runs up against one person's personal choices impacting someone else's health. C'mon dcm, you know this already.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #7067 on: March 02, 2022, 04:21:38 PM »
I care less about what he said than why he had to be an poopchute about it.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7068 on: March 02, 2022, 04:21:45 PM »
Does this go both ways?

I take it you weren't a good outfielder.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #7069 on: March 02, 2022, 04:22:12 PM »
I go both ways?

Hey, we're not judging.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7070 on: March 02, 2022, 04:48:24 PM »
Yes of course it does, right up until it runs up against one person's personal choices impacting someone else's health. C'mon dcm, you know this already.

I'm vehemently anti anti-vaxxer, but the mask thing is overblown at this point. I work in ICUs, and most freaking health care workers don't even give a excrement about wearing masks and wearing them properly anymore.

If someone isn't vaccinated and boosted, and taking all their appropriate precautions at this point that's on freaking them. If you have cancer or aids or anything else making you vulnerable you should be wearing an n95 at this point and avoiding people who don't wear masks.

I'm cool with mandating masks for mass gatherings/events out of extreme precautions (ie sports concerts) but freak off with the rest of the world already. This shits endemic or close to it, let people live like people again.

Irresponsible behavior always has and always will have a profound impact on others. Maybe it's not always as direct or widespread as with covid, but it always exist.

Regardless at this point the only, only freaking purpose mask serve is as a tool to flatten the curve. And recently hosptials have started to improve drastically.

In my opinion, rather than encouraging people to be burnt out and either ignore or bend the rules (ie not wearing masks and not wearing them properly) I'd rather see the CDC lift the masks mandate and bring it back when it's when needed and will do the most good (ie when a new variant dominates the world and things become overbearing again)

I think every reasonable person could agree that people not being vaccinated is the biggest problem. So if saying hey if yorie fully vaccinated and boosted you don't need to wear a mask anymore incentives people to go get vaccinated, then that will do more good than the masks
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 04:52:22 PM by dcm1602 »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7071 on: March 02, 2022, 04:49:06 PM »
Hey, we're not judging.

Why else do you think I followed Heis here

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #7072 on: March 02, 2022, 04:52:25 PM »
I'm vehemently anti anti-vaxxer, but the mask thing is overblown at this point. I work in ICUs, and most freaking health care workers don't even give a excrement about wearing masks and wearing them properly anymore.

If someone isn't vaccinated and boosted, and taking all their appropriate precautions at this point that's on freaking them. If you have cancer or aids or anything else making you vulnerable you should be wearing an n95 at this point and avoiding people who don't wear masks.

I'm cool with mandating masks for mass gatherings/events out of extreme precautions (ie sports concerts) but freak off with the rest of the world already. This shits endemic or close to it, let people live like people again.

Irresponsible behavior always has and always will have a profound impact on others. Maybe it's not always as direct or widespread as with covid, but it always exist.

Regardless at this point the only, only freaking purpose mask serve is as a tool to flatten the curve. And recently hosptials have started to improve drastically.

In my opinion, rather than encouraging people to be burnt out and either ignore or bend the rules (ie not wearing masks and not wearing them properly) I'd rather see the CDC lift the masks mandate and bring it back when it's when needed and will do the most good (ie when a new variant dominates the world and things become overbearing again)

I'm inclined to agree. We're probably dropping all mask mandates up here by the end of the month and I'm OK with that. But you were asking a question about rights and freedoms, not about whether mask mandates are still necessary.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7073 on: March 02, 2022, 06:07:27 PM »
Today is primary day in Texas.
https://www.axios.com/local/dallas/2022/03/02/van-taylor-affair-with-isis-widow-runoff

And one day later, one of the lead candidates drops out for having an affair with an ISIS window.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #7074 on: March 04, 2022, 12:56:37 PM »
lol, Rick Scott

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1499811601335136266?t=XlQnu6Qu8HvJmV98xxAxjQ&s=19

One of the most stupid and harmful delusions in America's collective consciousness is that it's easy to collect welfare checks and that a significant number of "undeserving" people are doing it. If there ever was, there certainly isn't anymore after the Reagan through Clinton years.

in b4 "I saw a lady with an iPhone use food stamps"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7075 on: March 04, 2022, 01:41:48 PM »
lol, Rick Scott

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1499811601335136266?t=XlQnu6Qu8HvJmV98xxAxjQ&s=19

One of the most stupid and harmful delusions in America's collective consciousness is that it's easy to collect welfare checks and that a significant number of "undeserving" people are doing it. If there ever was, there certainly isn't anymore after the Reagan through Clinton years.

in b4 "I saw a lady with an iPhone use food stamps"

I thought liberals were all about people paying their fair share?

Half of Americans don't pay any taxes

Stolen from CNBC

More than 100 million U.S. households, or 61% of all taxpayers, paid no federal income taxes last year, according to a new report.

The pandemic and federal stimulus led to a huge spike in the number of Americans who either owed no federal income tax or received tax credits from the government. According to the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center, 107 million households owed no income taxes in 2020, up from 76 million — or 44% of all taxpayers — in 2019.

"It's a really big number," said Howard Gleckman, senior fellow in the Tax Policy Center. "It's also really transitory."

Gleckman said the main reasons for the spike — high unemployment, large stimulus checks and generous tax credit programs — will largely expire after 2022, so the share of nontaxpayers will fall again starting next year.

The share of Americans who pay zero income taxes is expected to stay high, at around 57% this year, according to the Tax Policy Center. It's expected to fall back down to 42% in 2022 and remain at around 41% or 42% through 2025, "assuming the economy continues to rebound and several temporary tax benefits expire as scheduled," Gleckman said
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 01:44:27 PM by dcm1602 »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7076 on: March 04, 2022, 01:45:28 PM »
FWIW I don't think making people on welfare accomplishes anything whatsoever. Outside of simply jerking off his constituents

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #7077 on: March 04, 2022, 02:24:17 PM »
FWIW I don't think making people on welfare accomplishes anything whatsoever. Outside of simply jerking off his constituents
Next time just say that first

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #7078 on: March 04, 2022, 02:40:04 PM »
Tax welfare recipients on their capital gains.  That'll show em.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #7079 on: March 04, 2022, 04:21:09 PM »
"Welfare?"   Hey slick Rick do you mean 'corporate welfare' where corporations get special handouts from the government resulting in we the unwashed masses having to pay more in taxes to make up for these hidden tax breaks, subsidies, and loopholes?....

dunno what this has to do with anything...
......just thought to was a cute sign....

Tags: