Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 644819 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #7020 on: February 09, 2022, 02:30:40 PM »
I think a reasonable compromise would be to have some kind of generic index/target date funds for elected officials where they have to lock in their distribution allocations the previous year, sort of like how 401k contributions work for normal humans.

Plus it's not like outlawing their stock trading is going to cut into their bribe profits and kick backs or anything

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #7021 on: February 09, 2022, 02:38:38 PM »
I think a reasonable compromise would be to have some kind of generic index/target date funds for elected officials where they have to lock in their distribution allocations the previous year, sort of like how 401k contributions work for normal humans.

Plus it's not like outlawing their stock trading is going to cut into their bribe profits and kick backs or anything

Blind trusts would be good too unless they aren't really blind.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #7023 on: February 09, 2022, 04:36:30 PM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-politics-and-policy/florida-gov-ron-desantis-signals-support-dont-say-gay-bill-rcna15326

Jennifer Solomon, a South Florida resident who has LGBTQ children, reiterated the White House's sentiment.

“Parental rights? Whose parental rights? Only parental rights if you’re raising a child according to DeSantis?" she said. "DeSantis tries to paint this picture that every family is this 1950s mom and dad with two kids and a cat and dog. That is not what Florida looks like; that is not what the country looks like.”

Solomon said her 11-year-old son, Cooper, who identifies as male and has "never wanted to be a girl," however prefers to wear his school's girls uniform and enjoys dressing up like a fairytale princess for fun.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #7024 on: February 09, 2022, 11:38:42 PM »
https://www.dhs.gov/news/2022/02/07/dhs-issues-national-terrorism-advisory-system-ntas-bulletin
While the conditions underlying the heightened threat landscape have not significantly changed over the last year, the convergence of the following factors has increased the volatility, unpredictability, and complexity of the threat environment: (1) the proliferation of false or misleading narratives, which sow discord or undermine public trust in U.S. government institutions;
  hmmm....

“Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with.” - from Atlas Shrugged

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #7025 on: February 14, 2022, 05:00:17 PM »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #7026 on: February 14, 2022, 05:02:46 PM »
I don't understand this.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60380318

If they've failed to provide sufficient evidence for the case to be upheld, how can there be any value to a jury considering a verdict?

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #7027 on: February 14, 2022, 07:56:02 PM »
I don't understand this.

If they've failed to provide sufficient evidence for the case to be upheld, how can there be any value to a jury considering a verdict?
"Rakoff said that he would not file his ruling until after the jury reaches its verdict. He said that given the likelihood of an appeal, those judges will “greatly benefit” from knowing how the jury decided."

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #7028 on: February 14, 2022, 11:07:17 PM »
I don't understand this.

Former NY Ranger Ron Duguay married supermodels Kim Alexis & Carol Alt and is now banging Sarah Palin?  I don't understand this.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #7029 on: February 15, 2022, 06:48:27 AM »
Former NY Ranger Ron Duguay married supermodels Kim Alexis & Carol Alt and is now banging Sarah Palin?  I don't understand this.
Maybe Duguay thought he was getting the Lisa Ann version
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #7030 on: February 15, 2022, 10:34:24 AM »
Virginia legislature accidentally helped workers, now trying to backpedal

https://twitter.com/MichaelLeePope/status/1493322501082202112?t=Zl0p00ScS9CBUFSb5mvJpA&s=19

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #7031 on: February 15, 2022, 10:56:39 AM »

https://twitter.com/MichaelLeePope/status/1493322501082202112?t=Zl0p00ScS9CBUFSb5mvJpA&s=19

Surely "I didn't understand what I was voting for" is a clear admission that he is failing to fulfil the basic requirements of his job, and should be immediately removed from it?

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #7032 on: February 15, 2022, 11:41:35 AM »
Surely "I didn't understand what I was voting for" is a clear admission that he is failing to fulfil the basic requirements of his job, and should be immediately removed from it?

Naa, you can go full retard and just hang around as long as you have no shame.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7033 on: February 15, 2022, 05:16:51 PM »

I feel like this article leaves out all the important details so that no reader can form an educated opinion on the topic

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #7034 on: February 18, 2022, 08:29:45 AM »
Another continuing resolution passed, through March 11, to avoid gov't shutdown.

Tags: