Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 644864 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #6930 on: January 22, 2022, 07:42:36 PM »

Of course not. Now I'm gonna take a really big sip of water and open any book about underdeveloped resource-rich countries...

I'm not delusional enough to pretend that other countries aren't exploitative of resource rich underdev countries. I just think China holds the title

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #6931 on: January 22, 2022, 07:45:25 PM »
The article you posted (which started off about Intel) went off on a tangent about Pelosi and Biden doing all these great things to increase chip production.

I assumed that was part of your praise as much as the Intel thing.

I probably was more argumentative than I would have liked. My bad

Don't know that I even read that far in it. I'm sure it suits them that it's going into an important swing state, but I'm generally a big fan of high quality jobs like this and if Trump had done it I'd have praised him too. This is exactly the sort of manufacturing facility that the Rust Belt should be looking to develop, I don't think anyone with any awareness expects everyone to learn to code but doubling down on coal mining and steel production isn't helpful either. Heavy industry will always exist and always have a role, but skilled manufacturing of high tech that the US is already really good at designing is exactly the right direction to be heading IMO.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #6932 on: January 22, 2022, 07:50:57 PM »
I'm not delusional enough to pretend that other countries aren't exploitative of resource rich underdev countries. I just think China holds the title
That explains why so many of these countries prefer to do business with China now.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/china-u-s-worlds-trading-partner/

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6933 on: January 22, 2022, 07:53:07 PM »
Don't know that I even read that far in it. I'm sure it suits them that it's going into an important swing state, but I'm generally a big fan of high quality jobs like this and if Trump had done it I'd have praised him too. This is exactly the sort of manufacturing facility that the Rust Belt should be looking to develop, I don't think anyone with any awareness expects everyone to learn to code but doubling down on coal mining and steel production isn't helpful either. Heavy industry will always exist and always have a role, but skilled manufacturing of high tech that the US is already really good at designing is exactly the right direction to be heading IMO.

Again don't know anything about chip manufacturers but is this skilled manufacturing?

Looking at things like automobiles (or basically anything else fancy) I'm not a fan of buying American because places like Japan or Korea will usually do a better job.

excrement I want made in America is like food. Idk maybe I'm just an poopchute but I have no confidence in American manufacturing.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #6934 on: January 22, 2022, 08:03:12 PM »
Again don't know anything about chip manufacturers but is this skilled manufacturing?

Looking at things like automobiles (or basically anything else fancy) I'm not a fan of buying American because places like Japan or Korea will usually do a better job.

excrement I want made in America is like food. Idk maybe I'm just an poopchute but I have no confidence in American manufacturing.

Yes, it is relatively skilled. It's a process like any other, they're not hand carving the chips and stamping the builder's signature on them at the end like a Bentley but nor is it something that you'd give to a bunch of guys you picked up from a Home Depot parking lot. It's the kind of good quality manufacturing work we should be trying to do more of.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6935 on: January 22, 2022, 08:04:36 PM »
Yes, it is relatively skilled. It's a process like any other, they're not hand carving the chips and stamping the builder's signature on them at the end like a Bentley but nor is it something that you'd give to a bunch of guys you picked up from a Home Depot parking lot. It's the kind of good quality manufacturing work we should be trying to do more of.

I can support this then

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #6936 on: January 23, 2022, 11:13:21 AM »
The article you posted (which started off about Intel) went off on a tangent about

Pelosi and Biden doing all these great things to increase chip production.

Nancy Pelosi and micro anything doesn't add up

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6937 on: January 24, 2022, 04:32:04 PM »

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #6938 on: January 24, 2022, 04:40:50 PM »
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1485739301685972992

LMAO remember when this sorry sack of excrement ran on uniting the country?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #6939 on: January 24, 2022, 04:45:02 PM »
LMAO remember when this sorry sack of excrement ran on uniting the country?

Is it better to run on uniting the country and not mean it, or to run on dividing it and really mean it?

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #6940 on: January 24, 2022, 05:21:56 PM »
Is it better to run on uniting the country and not mean it, or to run on dividing it and really mean it?

Idk, ask him he was the one spewing that stupid excrement.

Something, something, our free press is under attack, this is the stuff of fascists.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #6941 on: January 24, 2022, 05:37:28 PM »
Uh oh, this sounds concerning.

It does seem like a supremacist regime with a built in time limit though, for reasons that should be obvious.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #6942 on: January 24, 2022, 05:41:12 PM »
Uh oh, this sounds concerning.

It does seem like a supremacist regime with a built in time limit though, for reasons that should be obvious.
Once you get infected with the gay, the devil gives you supernatural to shoot sperm into the wind that laser targets lesbian ovaries.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #6943 on: January 24, 2022, 06:36:17 PM »
Once you get infected with the gay, the devil gives you supernatural to shoot sperm into the wind that laser targets lesbian ovaries.

Are homosexual supremacists all members of the GayGayGay? I bet their hooded gowns are fabulous.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6944 on: January 24, 2022, 07:09:32 PM »

Tags: