Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645690 times)

ons

• Chad Pennington
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #6735 on: November 08, 2021, 03:33:01 PM »
I uhh also find it an interesting choice to make a video about illegal immigration spliced with a Japanese anime where a song is freaking sung in Japanese the whole freaking time

Model minority status maintained
Soft power superpower status confirmed

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6736 on: November 09, 2021, 11:42:04 PM »
So I guess we are stuck with jackholes chanting Lets Go Brandon at sporting events for the foreseeable future. Keep politics out of sports amirite
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 11:27:06 AM by Derek Smalls »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #6737 on: November 10, 2021, 03:08:31 AM »
So I guess we are stuck with jackholes chsntinf Lets Go Brandon at sporting events for the foreseeable future. Keep politics out of sports amirite
Probably more fights in the stands, which will make the Jets games more entertaining.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #6738 on: November 10, 2021, 09:04:42 AM »
So I guess we are stuck with jackholes chsntinf Lets Go Brandon at sporting events for the foreseeable future. Keep politics out of sports amirite

Hey everythings political, amirite?!

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6739 on: November 10, 2021, 09:16:13 AM »

To be fair this is fairly bipartisan. The Bernie Bros love them some Brandon.

Plus it's hard to compare a bunch of drunk hicks cursing to all the highly political league sanctioned excrement that's occurred.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #6740 on: November 10, 2021, 11:25:09 AM »
Lock Her Up was funnier IMO

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #6741 on: November 10, 2021, 11:26:41 AM »
If people want to not hear anti-Biden chants they should simply implore the president to do a better job and stop pretending Congress has his balls in a vise

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6742 on: November 10, 2021, 11:26:54 AM »
Hey everythings political, amirite?!

Are you trying to argue that "Let's Go Brandon" isn't political now? Would love to hear it.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #6743 on: November 10, 2021, 11:31:22 AM »
Are you trying to argue that "Let's Go Brandon" isn't political now? Would love to hear it.

No, I'm arguing that pretty much since the time I've been in high school my friends on the left have argued that "everything is political" when I just want to be left alone in terms of enjoying my respective hobbies and pastimes free from a political bend.

Lets Go Brandon is obviously overtly political, it's also incredibly benign given the rhetoric spewed by those who didn't like the head of the previous administration.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #6744 on: November 10, 2021, 03:45:29 PM »
Look forward to hearing the outrage from Republicans about this.

https://www.newsweek.com/paul-gosar-anime-video-killing-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-twitter-attack-titan-1646933

(Just kidding, I'm presuming it will be the usual mix of silence and whataboutism.)

On Tuesday, lawmakers from both sides of the political aisle ramped up pressure on House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., to take action.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/11/09/paul-gosar-congress-members-call-kevin-mccarthy-take-action/6355165001/

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #6745 on: November 10, 2021, 03:51:28 PM »
Look forward to hearing the outrage from Republicans about this.

https://www.newsweek.com/paul-gosar-anime-video-killing-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-twitter-attack-titan-1646933

(Just kidding, I'm presuming it will be the usual mix of silence and whataboutism.)

Rand Paul literally got attacked by his crazy neighbor and the left collectively laughed at it. Steve Scalise was moments from death, and Joy Reid and the like tried actually placing culpability on him because he was opposed to Obamacare. But of course, that's just whataboutism, whereas when the left points out any perception of a differing response, it's principled opposition.

FWIW, it was a dumb tweet and he shouldn't have done it even if AOC is a contemptible sack of excrement.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #6746 on: November 10, 2021, 03:53:26 PM »

I didn't even need to open that to know who was speaking out about it from the Republican side of the House.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #6747 on: November 12, 2021, 06:15:53 PM »
I didn't even need to open that to know   who was speaking out about it from the Republican side of the House.
  ....and why you symbolically left the quote blank?   

#impressed

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6748 on: November 12, 2021, 08:53:34 PM »
  ....and why you symbolically left the quote blank?   

#impressed

I think that's just what happens when you quote a message that itself was just quoted text.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #6749 on: November 12, 2021, 08:59:49 PM »
I think that's just what happens when you quote a message that itself was just quoted text.

thx for the heads up Cato

Tags: