Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645088 times)

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022

ons

• Chad Pennington
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #6526 on: September 27, 2021, 11:57:31 AM »
And then,   she wept...

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-apologizes-after-tearful-present-vote-on-israel-iron-dome-funding-bill/

And if she voted 'no' she'd be labeled an anti-semite for an inconsequential, symbolic show of resistance. The weight of AIPAC is absurd.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #6527 on: September 27, 2021, 05:15:56 PM »
And if she voted 'no' she'd be labeled an anti-semite for an inconsequential, symbolic show of resistance. The weight of AIPAC is absurd.

She could've voted either way for all I care.  I was   (per the 'pregnant pause' spacing in my post)   remarking on the distraught damsel's tears - amusing 'optics' both literally and figuratively, i.e. boo-hoo meets haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBpm8tITIiE

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #6528 on: September 29, 2021, 04:07:40 PM »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6529 on: September 29, 2021, 04:23:57 PM »

Maybe there was concerns about the math the progressives were doing.

After all they have been proudly touting that the 3.5 trillion dollar bill will cost zero

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #6530 on: September 29, 2021, 04:42:48 PM »
Maybe there was concerns about the math the progressives were doing.

After all they have been proudly touting that the 3.5 trillion dollar bill will cost zero
Why are you so gullible

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6531 on: September 29, 2021, 04:45:08 PM »
Why are you so gullible

Don't worry I didn't believe them.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #6532 on: September 29, 2021, 04:51:05 PM »
Corporate dems are sabotaging legislation because they're paid to. This is an empirical fact. It's sad that you believe Joe Manchin when he says we can't afford things we desperately need to survive the century.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6533 on: September 29, 2021, 05:04:08 PM »
Corporate dems are sabotaging legislation because they're paid to. This is an empirical fact. It's sad that you believe Joe Manchin when he says we can't afford things we desperately need to survive the century.

But I'm gullible

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #6534 on: September 29, 2021, 06:15:21 PM »
Neither bill will get passed anytime soon, if at all.  I holdout a tiny bit of confidence they will somehow manage to raise the debt ceiling.

I certainly feel that the first infrastructure bill needs to pass.  I think a large part of the reconciliation bill needs to be done.  I'm not a fan of free community college for all.  I think the other parts are way more important. 

I wish there was a way to do all this without massive wastage and stupid allocation of funds that comes along with government programs.  I especially expect extra retardation with the climate change part.  We desperately need to attack that problem, but we will just throw a bunch of cash at it and watch it end up in rich people's pockets.  The problem will be the execution, not the intention.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6535 on: September 29, 2021, 09:08:08 PM »
My office started planning for the shutdown this morning.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #6536 on: September 30, 2021, 07:18:37 AM »
What a cool moderate guy, just crusading for fiscal responsibility

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1443304382322384898?s=19

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #6537 on: September 30, 2021, 07:24:10 AM »

Neither bill will get passed anytime soon, if at all.  I holdout a tiny bit of confidence they will somehow manage to raise the debt ceiling.

I certainly feel that the first infrastructure bill needs to pass.  I think a large part of the reconciliation bill needs to be done.  I'm not a fan of free community college for all.  I think the other parts are way more important. 

I wish there was a way to do all this without massive wastage and stupid allocation of funds that comes along with government programs.  I especially expect extra retardation with the climate change part.  We desperately need to attack that problem, but we will just throw a bunch of cash at it and watch it end up in rich people's pockets.  The problem will be the execution, not the intention.

The two scumbags holding it up keep citing the price tag because being specific about which parts they'd cut would be politically unpopular. The infrastructure bill has already been hacked and slashed, Manchin lied and said he was on board with $4T, then changed his mind when $3.5T came anywhere close to passing. Focus needs to remain on who's freaking this up.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #6538 on: September 30, 2021, 07:25:03 AM »
My office started planning for the shutdown this morning.
Are you all essential personnel?

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6539 on: September 30, 2021, 08:31:14 AM »
Are you all essential personnel?

Military, yes. The civilians in the building (my director included) are not. Looks like we're getting a CR to keep it funded as is through December, but good on them to wait until two days before a possible shutdown to have an organization wide discussion on any type of plan.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Tags: