Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645496 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #6420 on: September 10, 2021, 06:39:44 AM »
I'm also not sure it was racially motivated. Will eat crow if it was.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #6421 on: September 10, 2021, 08:09:01 AM »
I'm also not sure it was racially motivated. Will eat crow if it was.

If there wasn't a racial motivation then the choice of mask was really poorly thought out.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #6422 on: September 10, 2021, 11:10:24 AM »
If there wasn't a racial motivation then the choice of mask was really poorly thought out.
Yeah, I think it was just poor optics.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6423 on: September 10, 2021, 11:12:11 AM »
Personally I don't think it was racially motivated, it just seems like a bunch of mentally ill homeless hippies who almost certainly severely abuse hard drugs.

But if the political ideologies were flipped, this would be front page news for the entire planet about how this was some Hitler KKK love child and a harbinger to the apocalypse

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #6424 on: September 10, 2021, 05:32:23 PM »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6425 on: September 10, 2021, 07:03:43 PM »
It is hard to imagine that somewhere around 600-800k abortions are performed in the United States every year. With how accessible forms of birth control are these days.

Unless that number includes mercy abortions (which I don't think it does) for babies that would be born with some major deformity.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #6426 on: September 10, 2021, 07:04:38 PM »
It is hard to imagine that somewhere around 600-800k abortions are performed in the United States every year. With how accessible forms of birth control are these days.

Unless that number includes mercy abortions (which I don't think it does) for babies that would be born with some major deformity.
Rape dude.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6427 on: September 10, 2021, 07:09:00 PM »
Rape dude.

Aren't like 99% of abortions for things other than rape? And I'd imagine that many people would seek care after those situations even if they don't report the crime. To avoid disease pregnancy etc. Regardless the # of rapes per year is reporrdly close to 100,000 so I don't see that being a drop in the bucket

According to Google the abortion rate has only decreased by approximately 50% over the last 30 years. I'd imagine that number would be much much higher with advances in everything/access to everything.

I'm actually fairly progressive in the sense that I think abortions should be stupid easy/accessible for anyone to get. But you would think that the abortion rate would have decreased by so freaking much that this debate would disappear
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 07:12:54 PM by dcm1602 »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #6428 on: September 10, 2021, 07:12:03 PM »
Aren't like 99% of abortions for things other than rape? And I'd imagine that many people would seek care after those situations even if they don't report the crime. To avoid disease pregnancy etc

According to Google the abortion rate has only decreased by approximately 50% over the last 30 years. I'd imagine that number would be much much higher with advances in everything/access to everything.

I'm actually fairly progressive in the sense that I think abortions should be stupid easy/accessible for anyone to get. But you would think that the abortion rate would have decreased by so freaking much that this debate would disappear
Vast majority are probably horny/drunk mistakes. And a few random ricochet money shots.  Gun goes off sometimes.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #6429 on: September 10, 2021, 07:13:19 PM »

In countries where sex education and contraception are ubiquitous, it has.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6430 on: September 10, 2021, 07:14:01 PM »
Vast majority are probably horny/drunk mistakes. And a few random ricochet money shots.  Gun goes off sometimes.

I guess my point was how the freak did the number only decrease by 50% in 30 years

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #6431 on: September 10, 2021, 07:16:49 PM »
I guess my point was how the freak did the number only decrease by 50% in 30 years
We are stupid.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6432 on: September 10, 2021, 07:19:58 PM »
In countries where sex education and contraception are ubiquitous, it has.

The abortion rate of the United States vs say Canada France Sweden UK New Zealand isn't huge.

There's a difference for sure but it's something like 10-20%.

Meanwhile for example the abortion rate in the United States is something like 210 times higher than freaking Mexico.

Although I suppose that's probably because in Mexico you're more likely to get murdered and thrown into a ditch

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6433 on: September 10, 2021, 07:26:30 PM »
We are stupid.

I guess when you look at the entire world being decimated by a disease for close to 2 years that would be basically be freaking eradicated if everyone just got a freaking shot.

Tells you all you need to know about how far society has to go

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #6434 on: September 10, 2021, 07:47:56 PM »
The abortion rate of the United States vs say Canada France Sweden UK New Zealand isn't huge.

There's a difference for sure but it's something like 10-20%.

Meanwhile for example the abortion rate in the United States is something like 210 times higher than freaking Mexico.

Although I suppose that's probably because in Mexico you're more likely to get murdered and thrown into a ditch

https://www.scidev.net/global/news/abortion-rates-highest-where-legally-restricted-study/

It's not really debatable, any more than giving people easy access to firearms results in more people being shot. I realise that the US loves itself a bit of exceptionalism, but at some point it might be healthier to just accept the data.

Tags: