Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645702 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #6255 on: July 31, 2021, 02:16:38 PM »
Hottest job market in my lifetime but people still shouldn't have to pay their rent

GTFO with that excrement

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #6256 on: July 31, 2021, 09:18:34 PM »
You what

From the same tlt titan who gave us  "we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it."  'natch' Nance.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #6257 on: July 31, 2021, 09:35:56 PM »
Hottest job market in my lifetime

but people still shouldn't have to pay their rent

GTFO with that excrement

'yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip  mum mum mum mum mum mum....get a job'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysKhbaLyIFw

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #6258 on: August 01, 2021, 08:12:27 AM »
Hottest job market in my lifetime but people still shouldn't have to pay their rent

GTFO with that excrement
People shouldn't be homeless

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6259 on: August 01, 2021, 08:20:21 AM »
People shouldn't be homeless

People shouldn't be living in someone else's home without paying their rent

This bill wasn't designed to solve homelessness. It was designed to keep people from becoming homeless because of the extreme uncertainty during an unprecedented global pandemic where the whole world literally shut down extremely quickly.

The whole world's back open, with literally the hottest job market in the lifetimes of most working adults

If you want laws to combat price gouging or rent being massively inflated you can make a good argument there.

But to suggest that people shouldn't have to pay their rent for 2 freaking years is nonsense
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 08:23:42 AM by dcm1602 »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #6260 on: August 01, 2021, 08:29:23 AM »
People shouldn't be living in someone else's home without paying their rent

This bill wasn't designed to solve homelessness. It was designed to keep people from becoming homeless because of the extreme uncertainty during an unprecedented global pandemic where the whole world literally shut down extremely quickly.

The whole world's back open, with literally the hottest job market in the lifetimes of most working adults

If you want laws to combat price gouging or rent being massively inflated you can make a good argument there.

But to suggest that people shouldn't have to pay their rent for 2 freaking years is nonsense
I'm not reading all that excrement but someone being homeless is infinitely worse than someone losing some return on an investment.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #6261 on: August 01, 2021, 10:15:13 AM »
Who are the people that are not paying rent yet not evicted yet because of the moritorium?  Obviously it isn't just 1 type of person, but figuring out the reason they aren't paying rent is the solution.  Some of them are just freaking too lazy to work because it's easier to get unemployment.  But that isn't all of them.  It's a complicated issue. 

Why are there so many job openings and so few available workers?  When the unemployment benefits end at the end of September, we'll find out.  Either it's lazy fuckers or people holding out for better wages.  Or both.  Probably both. 

I don't want to see anyone homeless. Our society should always strive for everyone to be above a basic standard if living.  But there comes a point where you either can work or you can't for whatever reason. Everyone that can work and isn't funded to retire yet, should.  Sorry for "both sidesing" this.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #6262 on: August 01, 2021, 11:29:53 AM »
Who are the people that are not paying rent yet not evicted yet because of the moritorium?  Obviously it isn't just 1 type of person, but figuring out the reason they aren't paying rent is the solution.  Some of them are just freaking too lazy to work because it's easier to get unemployment.  But that isn't all of them.  It's a complicated issue. 

Why are there so many job openings and so few available workers?  When the unemployment benefits end at the end of September, we'll find out.  Either it's lazy fuckers or people holding out for better wages.  Or both.  Probably both. 

I don't want to see anyone homeless. Our society should always strive for everyone to be above a basic standard if living.  But there comes a point where you either can work or you can't for whatever reason. Everyone that can work and isn't funded to retire yet, should.  Sorry for "both sidesing" this.

Be a jerk, go to work, be a jerk, go to work...  : )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZLWD75KKGA

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #6263 on: August 01, 2021, 11:36:21 AM »

Corporate interests will keep the cost of wages as low as possible while driving the cost of rents as high as possible. Somewhere in the middle of that is a whole strata of society for whom income is insufficient to pay rent.

We are badly out of balance on the relative cost of living for far too many people. That's true here as well, where our housing costs are through the roof. Social housing would be one answer to the problem, or at least a significant part of it, but it's a vote loser because far too many voters have fallen into the "me first" trap, and the idea of their taxes being used to build houses they won't live in is anathema because they won't think past incredibly rudimentary concepts.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6264 on: August 01, 2021, 12:54:35 PM »
Corporate interests will keep the cost of wages as low as possible while driving the cost of rents as high as possible. Somewhere in the middle of that is a whole strata of society for whom income is insufficient to pay rent.

We are badly out of balance on the relative cost of living for far too many people. That's true here as well, where our housing costs are through the roof. Social housing would be one answer to the problem, or at least a significant part of it, but it's a vote loser because far too many voters have fallen into the "me first" trap, and the idea of their taxes being used to build houses they won't live in is anathema because they won't think past incredibly rudimentary concepts.

1. Yes.

2. Do you use anathema this much in your non-internet conversations?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #6265 on: August 01, 2021, 01:15:12 PM »
1. Yes.

2. Do you use anathema this much in your non-internet conversations?

Probably. I hadn't noticed I used it a lot, but I'll take your word for it.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6266 on: August 01, 2021, 01:47:30 PM »
I'm not reading all that excrement but someone being homeless is infinitely worse than someone losing some return on an investment.

You're right the answer to homelessness is stealing.

I'm not pro homelessness, this has nothing to do with social safety nets.

You can be far to the left and make arguments like JE about how the government should have more subsidized housing and all that kinda stuff. But those opinions are not of this issue

Which comes down to people who have been able to pay their rent in the past, haven't had to these last two years.

And the current solution is to allow them to steal their housing indefinitely, for literally no freaking reason

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #6267 on: August 01, 2021, 07:04:18 PM »
You're right the answer to homelessness is stealing.

I'm not pro homelessness, this has nothing to do with social safety nets.

You can be far to the left and make arguments like JE about how the government should have more subsidized housing and all that kinda stuff. But those opinions are not of this issue

Which comes down to people who have been able to pay their rent in the past, haven't had to these last two years.

And the current solution is to allow them to steal their housing indefinitely, for literally no freaking reason
Landlords deserve to have their hoarded property stolen

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6268 on: August 01, 2021, 08:29:20 PM »

You do realize that every landlord is not rich or Donald Trump?

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #6269 on: August 01, 2021, 08:44:58 PM »

Lmao

Tags: