Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 644771 times)

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #6210 on: July 20, 2021, 01:41:52 PM »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #6211 on: July 20, 2021, 02:14:06 PM »
LOL what a freaking strawman!
Like the entire anti-CRT "movement"?

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #6212 on: July 20, 2021, 05:38:11 PM »
  ;D ;D ;D

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6214 on: July 21, 2021, 01:36:13 AM »
https://twitter.com/rcalcagno3/status/1417621492964028416?s=21

Yeah Bezos only paid 973 million dollars in taxes last year

But because propublica has some proprietary formula that says rich people should pay taxes differently from everyone else, he didn't actually pay any taxes

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #6215 on: July 21, 2021, 07:49:01 AM »
Like the entire anti-CRT "movement"?

I mean, there's heaps of evidence showing that at a formative age kids are being taught to hate based on skin color, but you stan for neo-racism however you want.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6217 on: July 21, 2021, 05:45:09 PM »
Arkansas bill which outlaws gender affirming treatment for trans youth blocked by federal courts.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2021/07/21/judge-blocks-arkansas-trans-healthcare-ban/amp/
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #6218 on: July 21, 2021, 06:11:19 PM »

I mean, there's heaps of evidence showing that at a formative age kids are being taught to hate based on skin color,

Yeah, by their parents who are screaming at the school board about the CRT boogeyman.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6219 on: July 21, 2021, 06:59:23 PM »
https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1417697815661326344?s=21

Uh

The article was kinda confusing

But kind of made it sound like he was accusing someone else of saying that?

https://lawandcrime.com/politics/white-city-council-member-in-alabama-shocks-meeting-with-racial-slur-do-we-have-a-house-n-in-here/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

This leads directly into Bryant’s use of the racial slur saying, “Let’s get to the n-word.” before using the line “Do we have a house n***er in here”, pointing to his left, apparently directing attention to city council member Veronica Freeman and claiming that Newton used the slur in reference to her.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 07:01:23 PM by dcm1602 »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6220 on: July 21, 2021, 07:11:33 PM »
Arkansas bill which outlaws gender affirming treatment for trans youth blocked by federal courts.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2021/07/21/judge-blocks-arkansas-trans-healthcare-ban/amp/

Known as the Save Adolescents From Experimentation Act, the law prohibits doctors from offering transition-related surgery, hormone therapy or puberty-blocking drugs to any transgender people under the age of 18.

Not sure what the right answer is on this excrement. But having a law to prevent people under the age of 18 from having transition related therapy isn't unreasonable.

The hormone and puberty drugs on the other hand doesn't make quite as much sense, as it kinda defeats the purpose of the drugs which is to limit prepuberty changes.

There's a lot of common sense lacking from all political parties

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6221 on: July 21, 2021, 08:50:43 PM »
Not sure what the right answer is on this excrement. But having a law to prevent people under the age of 18 from having transition related therapy isn't unreasonable.

The hormone and puberty drugs on the other hand doesn't make quite as much sense, as it kinda defeats the purpose of the drugs which is to limit prepuberty changes.

There's a lot of common sense lacking from all political parties

Even without this law, no child has willy nilly access to hormone therapy or other transition related treatments. The amount of hoops anyone has to jump through at any age in order to be approved for transition therapy would stop that from happening. Arkansas' legislation is at-best trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist and at worst is depriving people who can prove that they qualify for transition therapy the treatment they need and thus causing undue mental stress and psychological damage.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6222 on: July 22, 2021, 05:47:52 AM »
Even without this law, no child has willy nilly access to hormone therapy or other transition related treatments. The amount of hoops anyone has to jump through at any age in order to be approved for transition therapy would stop that from happening. Arkansas' legislation is at-best trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist and at worst is depriving people who can prove that they qualify for transition therapy the treatment they need and thus causing undue mental stress and psychological damage.

I meant to say not having access to transition based surgery isn't unreasonable. The other stuff is overboard

But unless there's a severe obvious biological defect, I don't think you should be able to consent a young child into gender altering surgery.

The hormonal excrement surely has issues too, but at least that's not nearly extreme

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #6223 on: July 22, 2021, 12:13:09 PM »

when's training camp?...

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #6224 on: July 22, 2021, 10:29:19 PM »